Offseason Thread vol. XI - Friend of a Friend Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
We just got rid of Spezza, so now lets go get Lecavalier and hell no to Stewart?

I really don't understand some of you sometimes..

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Macarthur - Turris - Ryan
Michalek - Legwand - Stewart
Stone - Zibby - Chaisson
Condra - Smith - Neil

If Murray can pull this off i would be so happy

that is a much better then what we started with last year

That just made me dry heave.

That second line is so bad.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Macarthur - Turris - Ryan
Michalek - Legwand - Stewart
Stone - Zibby - Chaisson
Condra - Smith - Neil

If Murray can pull this off i would be so happy

that is a much better then what we started with last year

We could've just kept Spezza and Hemsky for that $$$

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Lecavalier and Stewart are far from being my top choices going into the year, but there are worse lineups than this.

Clarke MacArthur - Kyle Turris - Bobby Ryan
Milan Michalek - Mika Zibanejad - Mark Stone
Chris Stewart - Vinny Lecavalier - Alex Chiasson
Mike Hoffman/JG Pageau - Zack Smith - Chris Neil
JG Pageau/Mike Hoffman

Moved out Greening and Condra in this scenario to keep the money kinda close, but this would at least put us over the floor.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
IMO Lecavalier is too old and will be the wrong answer to the right question.

Sens should be trying to build a similar aged group of young forwards who will mature with Turris and Lehner. (Not old re-treads like Lecavalier).

A good UFA is C Jordan Schroeder, who starred with US World Jrs before being drafted by the Canucks. He doesn't fit their plans, so could be had for <$1 mill.

Do it BM. Sign Schroeder...

VVS

Nov 22, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Jesus you people actually WANT Lecavalier for full price? For four more years?

He's 34, hasn't played a full year in a while (and he isn't gonna magically get younger and healthier), and has steadily declined.

He is not the kind of player you bring in at full price. As if you guys are using this to fuel your anti-Murray/Melnyk crusade. Ridiculous.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
philly doesnt want to retain salary in a deal for vinny...i wonder if they will take on greening instead

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
I don't get it either. Exactly the wrong kind of players we should be targeting.

I'm not that big of fan of Stewart but I like him way better than Lecavalier, in terms of players today.

I just don't understand wanting Spezza to go but then wanting Lecavalier here.

Edit: and I keep forgetting he is signed for 4 years. People here would be going nuts by this Christmas wanting him gone, let alone 4 years!

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
We just got rid of Spezza, so now lets go get Lecavalier and hell no to Stewart?

I really don't understand some of you sometimes..

um what? Lecavalier is the exact type of center people have wanted here. He plays like Turris.

Stewart is a guy who goes to the dirty areas to score goals something we have been missing for a while and has speed down the wing and is very strong

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I'm not that big of fan of Stewart but I like him way better than Lecavalier, in terms of players today.

I just don't understand wanting Spezza to go but then wanting Lecavalier here.

Vinny at half the price would be a perfect depth center who actually plays a two way game

Karlsson2Turris*

The Flyers are trashing Melnyk and the Sens over on their board :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
um what? Lecavalier is the exact type of center people have wanted here. He plays like Turris.

Stewart is a guy who goes to the dirty areas to score goals something we have been missing for a while and has speed down the wing and is very strong

Lecavalier played that way. He doesn't anymore.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Jesus you people actually WANT Lecavalier for full price? For four more years?

He's 34, hasn't played a full year in a while (and he isn't gonna magically get younger and healthier), and has steadily declined.

He is not the kind of player you bring in at full price. As if you guys are using this to fuel your anti-Murray/Melnyk crusade. Ridiculous.

Yeah, as if spending money on an aging, past his prime player would be encouraging.

We already gave $4m to Michalek. NOT acquiring Lecavalier is actually a smart move.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Lecavalier played that way. He doesn't anymore.

he would be a 2/3 center here switching with Zibby

he is actually he perfect mentor for a guy like Zibby and provides a two way and phyiscal edge

We Want the Cup 2010

Jun 16, 2009
I'd be ok with Stewart, and I could get on board with Legwand... But a huge no to Lecavalier(unless there is another worthwhile piece coming with him) and an even bigger no to Shroeder. We have plenty of prospects, don't need somebody else's scraps taking up one of the 50 contracts. That's most likely why L. Karlsson was dealt with Spezza.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
why anyone wouldnt take Vinny at 2.5-3.5 mill is beyond me.

Big
Physical
two way
stanley cup ring
vet leadership and mentor

Zibby would actually benefit a lot from a guy like Vinny or Legwand as you hope he can become a similar type of player

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
why anyone wouldnt take Vinny at 2.5-3.5 mill is beyond me.

Big
Physical
two way
stanley cup ring
vet leadership and mentor

Zibby would actually benefit a lot from a guy like Vinny or Legwand as you hope he can become a similar type of player

I think you are hoping for the Lecavalier of 5 - 10 years ago.. He hasn't been that good for a few years now.

I wouldn't mind him on a one or two year deal, but no way for 4.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
he would be a 2/3 center here switching with Zibby

he is actually he perfect mentor for a guy like Zibby and provides a two way and phyiscal edge

You keep talking about these players like age and skill erosion wasn't a factor. Legwand, Lecavalier, Stewart.....they are all damaged goods. We got rid of Spezza, so we need to start fresh with young players who are still on the upswing. Especially if we are not going to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad