Offseason Thread III: FA Frenzy (Are we going to be "too good" next year?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

Samorukov plays very good in KHL, one has hockey IQ, pass, hitting, maybe thanks to play in CSKA under Nikitin his defense has improved. But I`m afraid he injured soon so I couldn`t watch him a lot. IMHO if this is realized, Jarmo would be a genius.

EDIT: Although I wouldn`t like to lose Korpi.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Samorukov had good offensive numbers in Guelph. Other than that know nothing about him. And he is a LD.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
If you want some good entertainment go the Oilers board and read about the possible Korpi trade.
Rumor: - Rumors and Proposals Thread | Trying to Find a Diamond on Sale Among Trays of Cubic Zirconia

99025e389373.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

NotTooWideArena

May 20, 2021
I will remain skeptical until the ink is dry on the contracts (because hope can be a dangerous drug). But if Jarmo can get a first and a prospect in a Korpisalo deal just for eating one bad contract, wow! I would say our cap space is at least partially-weaponized, and this franchise could be really well-positioned for next July!

I find myself more engaged with this team than I have been in several seasons ....

Reactions: Dumais

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I read it as a 1st or Samorukov but either way thats still plenty for me
I wouldn’t see it that way. If we take Koskinen, he’s a one and done here. He’s 33 and while solid, not worth his salary. Korpisalo is worth more than Koskinen and a prospect or Koskinen and a 1st but that all depends on how badly they want cap space.

We don’t have to make this deal right now. We’d be doing them a favor to take Koskinen’s contract.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
If Jarmo pulls this off - I have to say reload, retool or rebuild (whatever). He has done a fantastic job and I will eat crow (well already eating crow). No matter what he put us in a better position for the future faster.

The only thing that is missing is a 1C and just for a second just imagine he also pulls off getting Jack Eichel for far less than what KA is asking (say the 1st from Edmonton, 2nd and Max Domi, Emil Benstrom). He would be approaching GOAT territory for trades and deals.

Reactions: Fro

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
If Jarmo pulls this off - I have to say reload, retool or rebuild (whatever). He has done a fantastic job and I will eat crow (well already eating crow). No matter what he put us in a better position for the future faster.

The only thing that is missing is a 1C and just for a second just imagine he also pulls off getting Jack Eichel for far less than what KA is asking (say the 1st from Edmonton, 2nd and Max Domi, Emil Benstrom). He would be approaching GOAT territory for trades and deals.
1C isn`t always important. If a center can join his excelent wingers, make a "dirty" work (defense, battle around the boards, forchecking and similar) he is more important than 1C. Of course he must have good hockey IQ, vision and not to be a classical grinder.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Samorukov is a really good D prospect. Don't expect his offense to carry over but he's a beast like Gavrikov. I don't think he'd actually be available on top of the 1st, that's got to be Jarmo's ask not the offer to him.

Koskinen is overpaid but he hasn't been any worse than Korpi so even netting a 1st here is plenty.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Werenski, Boqvist, Gavrikov, Kukan, Bean, Carlsson, Lehtonen, Peeke, Harrington. That's a LOT of 6/7 types and too many in general.

Getting Lehtonen back signals to me that Peeke isn’t expected to make the main roster. And Carlsson or Harrington will be waived

Reactions: Fro

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
1C isn`t always important. If a center can join his excelent wingers, make a "dirty" work (defense, battle around the boards, forchecking and similar) he is more important than 1C. Of course he must have good hockey IQ, vision and not to be a classical grinder.
I'm going to disagree with you there (respectfully, of course). A 1C is VITAL. Show me an NHL team that has won anything significant without a strong 1C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad