Speculation: Offseason Thread II: ideas, proposals, general roster discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Well Cam-Max-Nick is all about can Cam be 30goal scorer again. Nick isnt getting any younger or faster.

Tex - PLD - Bjork

Cam - Domi - Captain

Grigs - Koivu - Foudy

Jenner - Nash- Robinson

Im still waiting trade to income.

Defence top 4 is solid but 3rd pair well not and offence is screaming for top winger. Is it happening cant say.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Deleted.

I hope Texier EARNS that 1LW spot.

Hopefully this is nothing. I'm sort of surprised he's still over there when we are on the verge of getting set for a new season in roughly 30 days. He would still technically need to quarantine for some time once he got here too.

A big blow for the French blue Jackets Alexandre Texier, who was injured yesterday against Briançon. We do not know the severity of his injury, it may just be a warning!

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Hopefully this is nothing. I'm sort of surprised he's still over there when we are on the verge of getting set for a new season in roughly 30 days. He would still technically need to quarantine for some time once he got here too.

A big blow for the French blue Jackets Alexandre Texier, who was injured yesterday against Briançon. We do not know the severity of his injury, it may just be a warning!

I hope it has nothing to do with his injury last year.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Let's hope it's nothing, but if it is a long term injury that would definitely have me leaning towards picking up Granlund.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

Color me concerned about his injury history and what we know about his family issues as well. Would have expected him to be in town by now, but hopefully Jarmo is giving him time to deal with the family stuff. But this is a guy people have penciled in as our #1LW and some concerning things are popping up.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I've heard some people refer to this as Foligno filling in in Gus's spot. But I think this trio is the line Torts has wanted the whole time.

That should be the next poll, how long will this line last?

1 period
1 game
1 week
1 month
inexplicably more

1 shift? 1 tv time out?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Color me concerned about his injury history and what we know about his family issues as well. Would have expected him to be in town by now, but hopefully Jarmo is giving him time to deal with the family stuff. But this is a guy people have penciled in as our #1LW and some concerning things are popping up.
I believe this was his first game too. As soon as he went back to France the league shut down and just resumed their season.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Also sounds like these will be the divisions. each division will take 4 to the playoffs and the winner of each division will make the semifinal conference round.

Canadian: CGY, EDM, MTL, OTT, TOR, VAN, WPG
Atlantic: BOS, BUF, NJ, NYI, NYR, PHI, PIT, WAS
Central: CAR, CBJ, DET, CHI, DAL, FLA, NAS, TB
Pacific: ANA, AZ, COL, LA, MIN, SJ, STL, VGK

Just need to be top 4 out of this Central group to make it.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Also sounds like these will be the divisions. each division will take 4 to the playoffs and the winner of each division will make the semifinal conference round.

We’re below Tampa easily. Carolina likely

Same group as Dallas, Nashville, Florida. Probably a little better than Florida.

easily better than Detroit and Chicago.

anywhere from 2-6 imo. More likely than not a playoff team

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Will be curious if anyone opts out and how this impacts future contracts if it rolls out a year.

I consider this potentially bad news for CBJ. If there are a bunch of players around the league taking the year off, and not counting against their team's cap, then the desperation level to unload $$ is tamped down. Our plans to leverage our space to get a big name may have just gone poof.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I consider this potentially bad news for CBJ. If there are a bunch of players around the league taking the year off, and not counting against their team's cap, then the desperation level to unload $$ is tamped down. Our plans to leverage our space to get a big name may have just gone poof.

If true, jarmo failed this offseason

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

From the referenced tweet:

Players have the option to opt-out for the upcoming season, if player or immediate family member is considered high-risk. (Believe it is without pay.)

Doesn't sound like guys can just opt out because. Plus they won't get paid. I don't see many opting out unless there is a serious reason to do so.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

If the Canadian division gets zapped because the government won't okay it, then what happens? My guess is divisions go back to what they were and the Canadian teams "move" somewhere geographically appropriate like the Raptors did in the NBA and life goes on. Although if California teams like San Jose can 't play home games a la the 49ers that adds to the problem. I'm not sure this is going to work out unless the Canada thing is worked out.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
From the referenced tweet:

Players have the option to opt-out for the upcoming season, if player or immediate family member is considered high-risk. (Believe it is without pay.)

Doesn't sound like guys can just opt out because. Plus they won't get paid. I don't see many opting out unless there is a serious reason to do so.

Biggest concern (for the CBJ) is Domi. Is he diabetic?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
And would a player like Nick Foligno potentially opt out because of his daughter's heart condition and push the last year of his contract to next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad