Speculation: Offseason Thread #6 (Mod post #318)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Maybe AV doesn't hate Mcilrath. Why would anyone hate Mcilrath? Maybe AV resented not having Diaz so he was passive aggressive towards management by refusing to play Mcilrath?

I've considered this myself.....

Maybe if he had let go of his pet rock he could have had diaz as well as McIlrath

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Do any of these people have an unresolved medical issue that the Rangers can solve? If so, sign me up.

I don't know, I haven't seen the medical reports on all 111 RFAs who went unqualified today. :)

Also, my guess is that given the fact that something like 40% more RFAs made it to market than last year indicates that there are at least a few that are decent players who were cap casualties.

I'm not saying that we hang our hats on any of these guys being world beaters, but why wouldn't you take a shot at trying to revive a few, especially with the number of open contracts the Rangers have? It's not like they're going to be signing Redden contacts...

Last edited:

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I think the cap not going up that much again is a reason for all these younger players not being qualified. Many would be one way contracts and woild be more then what can be buried in the minors without some of the salary counting against the cap.

Many teams need every penny, like the Rangers did this past season.

This coupled with trying to get 2 year contracts so the 40/70 requirement is met for the entry draft.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I don't know. I haven't seen the medical reports on all 111 RFAs who went unqualified today. :)

Also, my guess is that give. The fact that something like 40% more RFAs made it to market than last year indicates that there are at least a few that are decent players who were cap casualties.

I'm not saying that we hang out hats in any of these guys being world beaters, but why wouldn't you take a shot at trying to revive a few, especially with the number of open contracts the Rangers have? It's not like they're going to be signing Redden contacts...

Fair. Throw as much **** at the wall as possible to see what sticks.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I think the cap not going up that much again is a reason for all these younger players not being qualified. Many would be one way contracts and woild be more then what can be buried in the minors without some of the salary counting against the cap.

Many teams need every penny, like the Rangers did this past season.

This coupled with trying to get 2 year contracts so the 40/70 requirement is met for the entry draft.
Yup, that point is a good one too. You're probably not getting all stars, but I would wager you can find more quality RFAs this summer than any since the CBA was signed.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I understand Shultz not getting qualified. His QO was much higher than he should get. Bennett on the other hand doesn't make any sense. His QO was only 945k. Devils need to spend just to reach the cap floor. They can't really be pinching pennies on Bennet, can they?

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I understand Shultz not getting qualified. His QO was much higher than he should get. Bennett on the other hand doesn't make any sense. His QO was only 945k. Devils need to spend just to reach the cap floor. They can't really be pinching pennies on Bennet, can they?

If Bennett can stay healthy, he's a nice piece I wanted especially for $1M at age twenty and a bit. Got my hopes up when I saw the Bennett trade. Devils are good at picking off interesting value players.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I'f give you the nickname "Miller hater #1", though there'd never be a #2. At least not among Rangers fans. :laugh:

I'd gladly take the #2 spot... Miller is a holy player to people on here after his big breakout year where he barely outscored Hayes who had a massive sophomore slump... And that's with Miller seein more time with the top six guys mainly brass and zucc and of course whenever we got the USA line back together..

Hayes worst season to date just about = millers greatest season
So tell me why Miller is held in such high esteem and people want to give up on Hayes..

And don't tell me it's because of defense. Because they both are god awful at it.

Hayes is a big playmaking center with top 6 potential... Those don't grow on trees. Miller? An energy forward who hits and can score a bit.. Those are far more likely. Look at the Rangers for example. We had Dubinsky like 4 years ago and kreider now. Ryan clowe(although he sucked when he got here) Ryan Callahan. The list goes on... How many Kevin hayes's have we had? Artem anisimov(far far less skilled)
I think that say enough..

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
I'd gladly take the #2 spot... Miller is a holy player to people on here after his big breakout year where he barely outscored Hayes who had a massive sophomore slump... And that's with Miller seein more time with the top six guys mainly brass and zucc and of course whenever we got the USA line back together..

So tell me why Miller is held in such high esteem and people want to give up on Hayes..

And don't tell me it's because of defense. Because they both are god awful at it.

Hayes is a big playmaking center with top 6 potential... Those don't grow on trees. Miller? An energy forward who hits and can score a bit.. Those are far more likely. Look at the Rangers for example. We had Dubinsky like 4 years ago and kreider now. Ryan clowe(although he sucked when he got here) Ryan Callahan. The list goes on... How many Kevin hayes's have we had? Artem anisimov(far far less skilled)

For the record, i'm not one of the Hayes haters on here... and neither of them are "god awful" at defense by any means. Hayes has Top 6 potential, but so does Miller. Miller had a better season this year. He can play C but fits better at W. I think he has higher upside than Hayes but I believe Hayes has great potential as well.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I hold both Hayes and Miller in high regard. Both are just about untouchable for me.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC

My issue with Hayes is his apparent laziness and lack of dedication. Last year he looked like he didn't give a **** most of the time. Can he turn that around? Sure. Will he? We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad