Speculation: Offseason Thread #6 (Mod post #318)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Unless you are able tocut his cap hit significantly, I don't understand the sign and trade from the team who is getting Stamkos POV. Give up an asset and sign him for another year past prime.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
If he won't command much, bringing back Dale Weise makes a ton of sense. One of the more ridiculous things the Rangers did was letting him go for nothing. Didn't make sense then, doesn't make sense now.

Get him in, and get Glass out.

because some idiot (read: me) made up a fake tweet and posted it on a message board? I made that thing in MS Paint which doesn't have the font that Twitter uses. Can't believe how many people think it's real :laugh: Not sure if that says more about those being "fooled" by it, or Zipay :biglaugh:

I had already unfollowed Zipay a few days ago. Has never been a reliable source for info. Carp can be condesending also.

Cyclones21

Easily Triggered
Wow - an opportunity to get a player like Stamkos doesn't always come along but if getting him requires a sign and trade, I am still not sure if I want the Rangers to go this route. I don't think now is the time to make a trade (Henrik Lundqvist window considered). With the cap space and lack of picks and prospects. I think the Rangers should reluctantly pass. Again - there are pros and cons but my heart tells me this isn't the time. (2 years from now, I would love Tavares).

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
People are vehemently against paying shattenkirk 6.5 million over 7, but are hoping to pay stamkos 10 over 8?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Unless you are able tocut his cap hit significantly, I don't understand the sign and trade from the team who is getting Stamkos POV. Give up an asset and sign him for another year past prime.

The FA may want that extra year. Wouldn't trading an 8 mill salary for Stamkos go a long way in quieting down the people that say we can not afford 10 mill with the cap?

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
If there is anything else more Rangeresque than signing useless old-ass FA, it is signing high value FA to trade them later for picks and depth players. That's would be the only redeeming thing about the FO, if it the other stupid decisions wouldn't happen.

Uglybstrd

Apr 10, 2012
The "new" Steven Stamkos reminds me a lot of Patrick Sharp.

Solid 1st line winger, but not a true stud. Can play center in a pinch. Needs someone else on his line to drive play.

That isn't a player you break the bank for. Stamkos is going to get paid like a Top-5 Center in the league. He's not, and hasn't been for closing in on 5 years now. He's a poor possession player as well. It's been almost 3 years since his leg break. He's had enough time to recover as much as he's going to, and all of his explosiveness is gone.

Someone is going to pay a dump truck full of money for this guy. I just pray it's not us.

Amen

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Who are you trading for Shattenkirk?

Why trade anybody!? We don't have the trading chips. We want to keep our best assets, and try to capitalize on our weaker ones. But we don't have any of the latter. We only have vital pieces to our team - picks and our core - , and we have crap - Glass, G, M.Staal. In conclusion, we can only trade crap for crap, or traditionally trade valueable assets, for less valueable ones. The Gomez deal is rather unique. I fear we'll have to sit out a lot of time, until the M.Staal G-money situation can be sorted out.

Anyhow a Shattenkirk deal would be senseless. We are set on RD unless we want to give up Klein or McI, which we should't. We can finally roll the RD, we should have been rolling all along. Damn you D.Boyle! More importantly, why give STL valueable assets, for a one year of Shattenkirk, putting us further in cap hell that next off-season?

All this is helpless, we were put in this situation, futures were dealt, players regressed, much due to the dishonesty of the FO to itself - playing injured players, making boneheaded hail-mary-deals to fix an injured ship. Let's hope the long off-season helps; I don't see any way to be competing for a Cup the next years.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
If he won't command much, bringing back Dale Weise makes a ton of sense. One of the more ridiculous things the Rangers did was letting him go for nothing. Didn't make sense then, doesn't make sense now.

Get him in, and get Glass out.

because some idiot (read: me) made up a fake tweet and posted it on a message board? I made that thing in MS Paint which doesn't have the font that Twitter uses. Can't believe how many people think it's real :laugh: Not sure if that says more about those being "fooled" by it, or Zipay :biglaugh:

It looked pretty good on my phone, not going to lie, but the content is another issue entirely.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Who are you trading for Sattenkirk?

who are we moving to fit in Stamkos? who will we have to walk away from? that'd be a terrible move for us. At least with Shattenkirk it would be fill a player type and positional need in the organization. why do we need Stamkos when we have two excellent centers in the top-6 already? Why move out a good to reasonable contract for a slight upgrade at best instead of moving out bad players on bad contracts and looking to upgrade substantially?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca