Speculation: Offseason Thread #11: Catchy Title Incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Because it's a $4.75m ask for a one-year deal buying out an RFA season. Sure, it's the high end of the spectrum, but do we really think we can buy out Kreider UFA seasons right now at $4.5m?

I don't know about that.

For gits and shiggles:

Yr 1: $3.75MM
Yr 2: $4.50MM
Yr 3: $5.00MM
Yr 4: $5.25MM
Yr 5: $5.50MM

Total: $24.0MM
AAV: $4.80MM

Not totally unrealistic.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
By chance, does anyone know what Hayes is expecting, or that data hasn't been leaked yet?

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
The Jets don't need more forwards. If they could take on the salaries of Kreider and Klein, they would just re-sign Trouba themselves instead. Don't think there's a deal to be made there.

maybe, maybe not

klein gives them 2 years of reliability at 2.9 per. great deal.

kreider gives them the lefty shot they lack. they have 2 left shots on the entire roster at wing. mostly righty shooting team.

if kreider get 4.5 plus term and klein is 2.9 thats 2 players for 7.4 for only 2 more yrs vs trouba at a 6.5/6 deal that he's gonna get.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
By chance, does anyone know what Hayes is expecting, or that data hasn't been leaked yet?

Numbers are usually leaked 2 days before arbitration hearings
His hearing is set for July 27 (my birthday btw) I believe so expect numbers out July 27
If Kreider signs for two years at under 4 M we have over 6 M in cap space - with Tanner Glass on the 23 man roster - with only Kevin Hayes left to resign.
Hmmmmm
What is really brewing in Rangers land? Good that I will be in Sweden at the end of the week (for 2,5 weeks) to maybe get some nice info... ;)

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Numbers are usually leaked 2 days before arbitration hearings
His hearing is set for July 27 (my birthday btw) I believe so expect numbers out July 27
If Kreider signs for two years at under 4 M we have over 6 M in cap space - with Tanner Glass on the 23 man roster - with only Kevin Hayes left to resign.
Hmmmmm
What is really brewing in Rangers land. Good that I will be in Sweden at the end of the week to get some nice info... ;)

Two years is the only duration he WON'T sign, IMO. No point taking him right to UFA.

Either settle on a one year deal and do it again, or buy out UFA years. (Or trade him...)

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
To put it one way

If it were you, a player that may get injured, may have down year, may not and only get better, and we are talking mostly guaranteed money other than escrow

Would you rather sign a 1 year deal at 4.75M

Or

a 5 year deal at 22.5M

Or

Something in between?

Opinions would vary, but give me the bird in the hand so to speak.

KreiderHouseRules*

I'd prefer to see some more balance, and keep the following combos together:

Kreider & Stepan
Hayes & Miller

and for some reason I feel like Nash and Buch might have chemistry giving and going, and with Zibanejad in the middle, I love the idea of that line, so I would try:

Kreider Stepan Zuccarello
Nash Zibanejad Buchnevich
Miller Hayes Grabner
Hrivik Jooris Fast

(Lindberg on IR)

And I'd say that "2nd" line has a chance to be "elite" production-wise, and Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello is a balanced, smart line that I'd feel comfortable matching against almost anyone.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I know this is just where the market is now, but Kreider is 25 and has scored 20 goals twice, probably figures to be a 40-50 point player. He shouldn't be making 4 million, and we should have to commit half a decade to him to keep him on the lower side of 4 million.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I know this is just where the market is now, but Kreider is 25 and has scored 20 goals twice, probably figures to be a 40-50 point player. He shouldn't be making 4 million, and we should have to commit half a decade to him to keep him on the lower side of 4 million.

For that matter, Hayes starts off as overpaid. We have to up the rate of overpay just to keep him

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS

Kreider should definitely be getting 4 Mil.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Would you pay him 4 mill per 5 years if you knew that he wouldn't ever top the numbers from last season in any of those 5 years?

How much are consistent 20-20 guys worth as UFAs?

>$4M

Troy Brouwer got $4.5 at 30, having hit 20 goals in 3/8 seasons.

Boedker got $4M and has never cracked 20G. Cracked 40 points once. 5 seasons.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Would you pay him 4 mill per 5 years if you knew that he wouldn't ever top the numbers from last season in any of those 5 years?

Yeah I would.

But assuming he'll never repeat those numbers is ridiculous.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
How much are consistent 20-20 guys worth as UFAs?

>$4M

Troy Brouwer got $4.5 at 30, having hit 20 goals in 3/8 seasons.

Boedker got $4M and has never cracked 20G. Cracked 40 points once. 5 seasons.

Agreed. But Kreider isn't a UFA. He's our property, we've invested in him. Why are we paying market rates for assets not on the market? Not to mention, Brouwer is a known quantity and Kreider isn't yet.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Agreed. But Kreider isn't a UFA. He's our property, we've invested in him. Why are we paying market rates for assets not on the market? Not to mention, Brouwer is a known quantity and Kreider isn't yet.

Well if you are signing him for more than two years you have to pay him UFA value in those years. Two straight 20-20 seasons. Plus at 25 he can still play the upside card in negotiations.

$4M for his RFA years and $4.5-6M to buy out his UFA years is pretty reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad