Rumor: Offseason Rumors Thread #1 | Trade Milan, Milan So Far Away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
What would you guys think if we signed a RH winger who can play top6 with Draisatl, as well as play LD on the powerplay? After re-signing the guys we have, I figure we could spare about 5M for this. With our cap situation we could benefit from a multi-purpose signing like this.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
hey guys blues fans are really trashing larsson in the parayko thread on the trade board, im not even an oiler fan per se, and im the only one standing up for him

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
hey guys blues fans are really trashing larsson in the parayko thread on the trade board, im not even an oiler fan per se, and im the only one standing up for him
according to Blues fans, Parayko is the new Chris Pronger.
they would turn down a trade for McDavid, unless salary was retained.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Appreciate the sentiment, but most of us are so used to seeing our players trashed on the trade forum and main boards we just ignore it, many have argued in the past, but it doesn't get you anywhere, mostly just a waste of time especially considering it's mostly a handful of the same troll posters just looking to get under someone's skin.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Appreciate the sentiment, but most of us are so used to seeing our players trashed on the trade forum and main boards we just ignore it, many have argued in the past, but it doesn't get you anywhere, mostly just a waste of time especially considering it's mostly a handful of the same troll posters just looking to get under someone's skin.

I'm pretty sure the report button is their favorite on as well.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
What would you guys think if we signed a RH winger who can play top6 with Draisatl, as well as play LD on the powerplay? After re-signing the guys we have, I figure we could spare about 5M for this. With our cap situation we could benefit from a multi-purpose signing like this.
I think it's a fine idea.

But who is there in free agency to be that right shot from the point? Vanek and Perron are probably the two best options for right shot wingers that are UFAs, but they are both more down low guys on the PP.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

We did have a RHS winger that had quite good production numbers when paired with Drai this season. An added bonus is that the best part of his game until he became an Oiler was his onetimer from the LD point spot on the PP.

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
Parayko is good of course but he is a 22 minute a game, 35 point defenseman. That's not exactly elite. If you are giving up assets that would get you a number 1 defenseman, you want it to be a proven number 1.

As for the topic of a RH winger, need to add at least one skilled winger to the top 6 that we know can provide sufficient offense. Can't do the same as this season and just hope the young wingers can do it.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

That, and if you engage them at all, as an Oiler fan you get warnings for basically nothing. Idk, the mains isn't a very Oiler freindly environment, too many people still salty about the 80's, the 3 straight 1st OA, and McDavid.

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
We did have a RHS winger that had quite good production numbers when paired with Drai this season. An added bonus is that the best part of his game until he became an Oiler was his onetimer from the LD point spot on the PP.

You mean Slepyshev? He was never a consistent enough player though unfortunately. I'd rather put Puljujarvi there. I didn't know Slepyshev used to play the point on PP, when was this?

I think it's a fine idea.

But who is there in free agency to be that right shot from the point? Vanek and Perron are probably the two best options for right shot wingers that are UFAs, but they are both more down low guys on the PP.

Fair point. Unfortunately I don't have an answer, and not really sure what options there might be.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
apparently OEL is re-signing, which is good for Arizona. I'm actually glad, because although he'd be a great target if he were for sale, Arizona is a divisional rival. They would keep us in discussions to raise value, but would end up trading him out east.

Full steam ahead to trade for Karlsson.

Reactions: Crude

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
apparently OEL is re-signing, which is good for Arizona. I'm actually glad, because although he'd be a great target if he were for sale, Arizona is a divisional rival. They would keep us in discussions to raise value, but would end up trading him out east.

I don't know how you could make Karlsson work beyond this upcoming season.

And that is forgetting that Edmonton probably isn't a team he'd have any interest in coming to.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

I fail to see the logic. Arizona trading their best player out east would be a win for us

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
You mean Slepyshev? He was never a consistent enough player though unfortunately. I'd rather put Puljujarvi there. I didn't know Slepyshev used to play the point on PP, when was this?
He's talking about Aberg. I don't see any video of him playing PP in NA but his draft hype videos show him playing plenty in the Ovechkin spot in Djurgardens.

He's a guy who's getting overlooked a lot. He put up 0.5ppg here after the trade and matched his point production from Nashville in less than half the games. If he cleans up his act, there's a chance he can turn into a player here.

Reactions: M Ace and Cypress

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I fail to see the logic. Arizona trading their best player out east would be a win for us
I'm focused on the oilers. If we can fix our issues, we will be virtually unstoppable with McDavid and Drai up front. Arizona keeping OEL keeps them relevant, but I'm not exactly worried.

I'm just worried that if we go after OEL, it will just waste time and we will miss the boat on someone else that we could actually get.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Ive been thinking about 2 trades and 1 FA signing that would make us deadly next year.

First trade:
Lucic + Kassian + 2019 1st + 2018 2nd
For
Foegele + Roy + Lindholm

Second Trade:
Sekera + Jones + 2019 Isles 3rd
For
Bellows

Sign: John Carlson 7 years x 8 250 000

Lines:
Nuge-Mcdavid-Lindholm
Bellows-Drai-Pulju
Foegele-Strome-Yams
Khaira-Roy-Gauthier

Nurse-Carlson
Klef-Larsson
Russel-Benning/Persson

Talbot
Koskinen

Keep the 10th pick and draft Dobson or Kotkaniemi.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Rattie/2nd to Cgy for Ferland(Rattie from CGY and they need picks baaad). Ferland can play top 6, both wings

Cags/3rd for Sheary(they save cap and make room for Sprong)

RNH-McD-Sheary
Looch-Drai-Ferland
Aberg-Strome-JP
JJ-Marody-Kass

Allows JP to leapfrog either winger without losing depth, both Sheary and Ferland aren't longterm for cap

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Rattie/2nd to Cgy for Ferland(Rattie from CGY and they need picks baaad). Ferland can play top 6, both wings

Cags/3rd for Sheary(they save cap and make room for Sprong)

RNH-McD-Sheary
Looch-Drai-Ferland
Aberg-Strome-JP
JJ-Marody-Kass

Allows JP to leapfrog either winger without losing depth, both Sheary and Ferland aren't longterm for cap
I'd definitely be interested in Ferland, but I'd rather not trade Rattie. He has shown he's capable of playing with Connor.

I also really can't see the Flames trading Ferland, especially to us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad