Speculation: Offseason Roster Discussion part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Nah. You put him with Kane and let them feast on offensive zone starts. Would be one of the best centers he's played with in Chicago... lol

that may be where we will be forced to hide Borgstrom if he is not responsible enough...that is unless Henrik plays the wing...

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Way too early for guessing lines. Toews alone is such a huge question mark and his presence or absence makes the biggest difference, we have no idea if Strome will still even be here, and from what i've read about Borgstrom no one really knows what kind of player he's going to be.

Also, lots of bickering about Nylander today. He's a scratch-off lotto ticket, put him anywhere and he either sinks or swims. Sorry but he just seems like such a vanilla-player and i've rarely been impressed by him. I don't know what some of you see in him. I hope i'm wrong.

Reactions: jaysoneil

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
If Toews is back, I think he'll end up next to Kubalik and Hagel.

Not sure where to put Nylander/Gaudette/surprising rookie.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013

Those are the 2 linemates I’m hoping Toews is put with.

Then you’ve got Dach/Johnson to center lines 2 and 3. One of them between Cat and Kane, the other between any combo of Kurashev, Reichel, Nylander, Strome, Borgstrom, Connolly, etc.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Way too early for guessing lines. Toews alone is such a huge question mark and his presence or absence makes the biggest difference, we have no idea if Strome will still even be here, and from what i've read about Borgstrom no one really knows what kind of player he's going to be.

Also, lots of bickering about Nylander today. He's a scratch-off lotto ticket, put him anywhere and he either sinks or swims. Sorry but he just seems like such a vanilla-player and i've rarely been impressed by him. I don't know what some of you see in him. I hope i'm wrong.

I mean nobody’s seen much of anything seeing as he’s been injured for the majority of his young career. Who knows what to expect.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria

Then you’ve got Dach/Johnson to center lines 2 and 3. One of them between Cat and Kane, the other between any combo of Kurashev, Reichel, Nylander, Strome, Borgstrom, Connolly, etc.
not sure what will happen, but I think it could end up with Borgstrom between Cat and Kane. I think Johnson will be on Dachs wing, take some faceoffs for him and bury on the chances Dach will create for him and his speed. Think we could see Kurashev on this line to create some space and provide some speed/work for them.

That would leave the unbalanced line of Carpenter with Khaira/Gaudette/Nylander/Strome/Connolly/rookie

The roster needs to see some moves for sure. Too many players for the available spots. I think Strome is as good as gone - no matter what Toews does. On Defense, he needs to find a way to send CDH away. His money, Stromes money and Bowman can still make some moves if there is something he likes.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Hagel/Toews/Kubalik....that sounds like a really good, balanced 2nd line. We got some good parts for a better 4th line----maybe Kurashev with Khaira and Carpenter....that 3rd line will be the maddening one....can you imagine Strome & Nylander floating on the same line???? Aaargh

ozzzie19

May 13, 2015
I sure hope Toews can come back and play. That said, I feel like the Johnson acquisition was also about insurance, in the case that he doesn't. I have a really hard time penciling Toews into the lineup until I see him on the ice for training camp.
I completely agree here, my biggest worry with letting Suter walk was that he was that he was Toews insurance being able to capably play C or W up and down the lineup. Thats not an easy thing to find in a player. Johnson can do the same (arguably better).

ozzzie19

May 13, 2015

I think thats right and they'll get the D zone and tough assignments. Unless they move Carpenter to center the 4th line, there isn't another defensively responsible center in the lineup.

I recall quotes from Kubalik and Hagel last year saying that they had instant chemistry, knew where each other would be on the ice, etc, when they were put together

ozzzie19

May 13, 2015
Hagel/Toews/Kubalik....that sounds like a really good, balanced 2nd line. We got some good parts for a better 4th line----maybe Kurashev with Khaira and Carpenter....that 3rd line will be the maddening one....can you imagine Strome & Nylander floating on the same line???? Aaargh
In the scenario you describe, the 3rd line would consist of 3 of the 5 of TJ, Gaudette, Borgstrom, Strome, and Nylander.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Kubalik Toews Strome
D-Cat Dach Kane
Johnson Borgstrom Nylander
Hagel Khaira Kurashev/Connelly

If Strone traded then sign Shalunov and insert on Kubakik Toews line

If Nylander traded.. move Strome to 3RW abd sign Shakunov for fit ob Toews Kubalik line.

The point is that 1 of Nylanderv or Strome is redundant ...

Shaluniv woukd have been a goud fit for Toews Nd Jubakik but we are stick with Strome (skating / compete/ / checking isdues....and Nyander ( compete and perimeter pansy issues)..

We can hide 1 on kine 3 vs. Worst lines of opps( Sheltered) ...but neither is right for 1RW ...ANDwe cannot water Strome or Nylander in aline 4 role.

So we Should trade 1 of Nylander or Strome.
For picks...

Sign Shalunov...=a good fit for Kubalik and Toews at wing... Compliments them...digs pucks out...take pucks to bet with oiwr moves...neither Strome or Nylander do that ...

Tgeycrealkycarexstilk flawed having both Nylander and Strome....can live with 1cof them in the right role but 2 of them on same team is misguided.

According to the recent reports in Russia, Blackhawks don't really believe in Shalunov and allowed him to negotiate with other NHL teams, so if there is an interest they will trade his rights there for not too much. If not I guess he will sign in the KHL again.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
According to the recent reports in Russia, Blackhawks don't really believe in Shalunov and allowed him to negotiate with other NHL teams, so if there is an interest they will trade his rights there for not too much. If not I guess he will sign in the KHL again.
Waited long enough for Shalunov... Hasta la bye-bye.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

Kurashev has more skill than Hagel and I think would fit like a glove next to Toews/Kubalik, who were monsters when paired together in 2020.

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
Kubalik Toews Strome
D-Cat Dach Kane
Johnson Borgstrom Nylander
Hagel Khaira Kurashev/Connelly

If Strone traded then sign Shalunov and insert on Kubakik Toews line

If Nylander traded.. move Strome to 3RW abd sign Shakunov for fit ob Toews Kubalik line.

The point is that 1 of Nylanderv or Strome is redundant ...

Shaluniv woukd have been a goud fit for Toews Nd Jubakik but we are stick with Strome (skating / compete/ / checking isdues....and Nyander ( compete and perimeter pansy issues)..

We can hide 1 on kine 3 vs. Worst lines of opps( Sheltered) ...but neither is right for 1RW ...ANDwe cannot water Strome or Nylander in aline 4 role.

So we Should trade 1 of Nylander or Strome.
For picks...

Sign Shalunov...=a good fit for Kubalik and Toews at wing... Compliments them...digs pucks out...take pucks to bet with oiwr moves...neither Strome or Nylander do that ...

Tgeycrealkycarexstilk flawed having both Nylander and Strome....can live with 1cof them in the right role but 2 of them on same team is misguided.

"compete and perimeter pansy issues"

Man I love Fiddy's terminology. He doesn't pull any punches and calls it like he sees it.

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
A passion beyond pucks: Blue Jackets' Seth Jones is a budding art collector

This article is behind a paywall, but it's an interesting read, Seth is an interesting fellow.

A couple quotes from the article:

"His teammates joke about what a perfectionist he is in all areas of life. But not many have taken a deep look at Jones about his art collection."

“Seth likes very sophisticated pieces with pleasing colors. He doesn’t like super trendy. He likes classic looks, but substantial pieces.

Both Fisher and Shields described Jones by saying he was “an old soul” and “sophisticated.”

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
Werenski just got over 9.5 million for 6 years. That’s the going rate for a number 1 dman at this point for you complainers.
True but that is partly because Jones contract. Why take Heiskanens 8,5 M when you can ask Jones money.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
DeBrincat- Johnson - Kane
Kubalik - Dach - Gaudette
Hagel - Borgström - Kurashev
Khaira - Carpenter - Entwistle
13th: Connelly

McCabe - Jones
Kalynuk - Murphy
Stillman - DeHaan
7th: Jones

Fleury
Lankinen

Toews: done
Strome & Nylander: flushed

Gaudette is hard to get in to line up, that was last hole I got.
Borgstörm is unknown.
3th pair is not very good in the NHL
Fleury: will he play?

If I can sign, Nikita Gusev for league minimum, in 2nd line RW.

Reactions: SuterHaglshev

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019

McCabe - Jones
Kalynuk - Murphy
Stillman - DeHaan

Fleury
Lankinen

Borgstörm is unknown.

And I mean it's fun to make lines but the reality is guys move up and down depending on how things are going or injuries. A guy like Gaudette is more likely to move up than say Khaira who had no offensive upside.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

McCabe - Jones
Kalynuk - Murphy
Stillman - DeHaan

Fleury
Lankinen

Borgstörm is unknown.

Gusev just signed with the Panthers.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Aaaaaannnddddd everyone on the planet underestimates Hagels game. Get in line.

Reactions: dougd

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Kurashev is better? No way in hell. Keep getting high on that potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad