No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
C3lfOmaWIAAJFYI.jpg:large

Just saw that. Greatest. Name. Ever.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
So if you believe the national championship team needs a top 10 class to win then here's who could win in the next 3 years

The Usual suspects and then Auburn and florida

Also from years past. Add ole miss and Texas. Maybe Clemson again

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
So if you believe the national championship team needs a top 10 class to win then here's who could win in the next 3 years

The Usual suspects and then Auburn and florida

Also from years past. Add ole miss and Texas. Maybe Clemson again

I think it's still Alabama....and then everyone else.
Their class this year is just ridiculous

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I think it's still Alabama....and then everyone else.
Their class this year is just ridiculous

Yep. Kind of wish saban was a winner with a number 2 class. Just so someone can have the crown

Georgia vs Alabama will be good. In 2018 hopefully

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
What's the best place to watch games that aren't really broadcast live? I'm going to want to watch my 2 friends I talked about earlier, and my other friend that's going to Colorado for basketball.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Yep. Kind of wish saban was a winner with a number 2 class. Just so someone can have the crown

Georgia vs Alabama will be good. In 2018 hopefully

Georgia's going to be really good in 2018, imo. Kirby's going to have it really tough the next couple of years though. Saban to the west and Dabo to the east. Gonna be tough to keep the bulk of the talent home like he did with the last cycle.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Georgia's going to be really good in 2018, imo. Kirby's going to have it really tough the next couple of years though. Saban to the west and Dabo to the east. Gonna be tough to keep the bulk of the talent home like he did with the last cycle.

georgia is "going to be good" every year

incoming 7-5 or 8-4 season is incoming

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
OT:

Who's been the second best team in every conference/reigon. (Let's just add nd into the big ten for example) the last 15/20 years?

Michigan? Michigan state? Sec. Florida? Auburn? Acc? etc

Sep 19, 2008
2/16: Jim Harbaugh in the news again, Deshaun Watson’s draft stock & The Mailbag
The Audible
Duration: 55:54
Published: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 21:49:17 -0000
URL: http://rss.art19.com/episodes/c7b48fc0-af8f-455c-bc71-76fc05c999f6.mp3

Bruce and Stew discuss the uproar surrounding Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh hiring the parent of a top recruit to his coaching staff and how it could spurn an NCAA rule change (3:00); Changes c...

Subscribe to this podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheAudibleFOX

----
Sent from Podcast Republic 2.10.7
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.itunestoppodcastplayer.app

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
In my opinion the 5 best classes in the country were Alabama, USC, Ohio State, Georgia, and Stanford.

I don't have any insider information or angle on this, just based on what I've read from the various scouting 'agencies' that's what I've come up with.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
In my opinion the 5 best classes in the country were Alabama, USC, Ohio State, Georgia, and Stanford.

I don't have any insider information or angle on this, just based on what I've read from the various scouting 'agencies' that's what I've come up with.

Well you are all good except for Stanford. Michigan and fsu have better classes of the top of my head

Unless your talking about right now. In which case I have no clue

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan

Stanford took a small class, but it's high quality, and the players are your typical Stanford players. They loaded up on the O-line, got a great TE, and have a decent QB in Mills...though if we're talking purely rankings I wouldn't even put them in the Top 10.

Might be early to talk 2018, but USC is putting together a great class. We just got ourselves IMO a top 5 national recruit and #1 LB in Gaoteote out of Bishop Gorman. That guy reminds me so much of Junior Seau.

We also have another LB commit in Bo Calvert and Raymond Scott, both good ones. LB is an area of need for my Trojans this recruiting cycle, but it looks like this could a repeat of our 2005 class (Cushing, Maualuga, Maiava)

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Stanford took a small class, but it's high quality, and the players are your typical Stanford players. They loaded up on the O-line, got a great TE, and have a decent QB in Mills...though if we're talking purely rankings I wouldn't even put them in the Top 10.

Might be early to talk 2018, but USC is putting together a great class. We just got ourselves IMO a top 5 national recruit and #1 LB in Gaoteote out of Bishop Gorman. That guy reminds me so much of Junior Seau.

We also have another LB commit in Bo Calvert and Raymond Scott, both good ones. LB is an area of need for my Trojans this recruiting cycle, but it looks like this could a repeat of our 2005 class (Cushing, Maualuga, Maiava)

That's what I mean, pound for pound Stanford has arguably the best class in the country. Personally that's how I judge recruiting classes, the quality not quantity.

Stanford (along with Clemson) has by far the fewest signees of any top 15 class in the country. For example, Stanford signed 14 guys while Texas A&M brought in 27. ESPN ranks Texas A&M's class as the 11th best in the nation and Stanfords as 14th. But whose class would you rather have? I'd easily take the Cardinal. Michigan's class has 29 players and they're ranked 6th. Michigan brought in a good deal of high-end talent but I think I'd lean toward Stanford again. Sure they could've signed five or six random 3-star recruits to boost themselves to a top 5 class, but what good would that do for on-field purposes? The guys they got all look to have star/NFL potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad