NCAA: Offseason Recruiting And News Thread

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
the fact they announced this 2 YEARS in advance, this will be like SportsCentury or 30 for 30. Can't wait.

http://awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/esp...on.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It may be a few years away, but ESPN is already making and publicizing plans to cover the 150th anniversary of college football in a big way.

Throughout the first seven and a half months of 2019, ESPN will serve fans by featuring digital, mobile and social content examining and celebrating the unique history of college football before culminating in 150 consecutive days of cross-platform original storytelling, beginning two years from today: August 17, 2019. ESPN will take fans and users on an unprecedented journey, with new content every day on its platforms and networks that will articulate college football’s story – past, present and future – through the games, traditions, developments and people that helped shape the sport. On Day 150 – January 13, 2020 – the latest page in the sport’s extraordinary tale will be written when a champion is crowned at the College Football Playoff National Championship in New Orleans.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I remember 4 years ago saying, "The Buckeyes have this freshman named Ezekiel Elliott at RB. He's going to be the next big thing."

J.K. Dobbins. First freshman in camp to lose the black stripe. I know Weber was pretty good for a freshman last year, but Dobbins IS the next Zeke. Same body, same moves. Not sure about hands or blocking, but he's going to be an all-american and a very high pick

https://theathletic.com/86434/2017/...ot-and-the-impact-that-has-on-demario-mccall/

You knew that true freshman running back JK Dobbins was coming along quickly when Urban Meyer emphatically said “he's going to play†at Big Ten Media Days in Chicago last month.

Now listen to this.

“This guy loves football now and he's smart,†running backs coach Tony Alford said of Dobbins. “I would say that in my 22 years — and I say this not taking anything away from anyone else — this guy has picked it up faster than anybody I've ever been around. He's picked up, he understands the offense and the nuance of it very quickly. He plays hard. He goes so hard in everything he does.â€

That long statement came right after Alford said Dobbins is “without question†Ohio State's No. 2 running back behind Mike Weber, which means the former four-star running back of La Grange, Texas has already hopped Antonio Williams on the depth chart.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Kid hasn't even played a snap and you're already calling him an All-American and first rounder 3-4 years from now. Ok then...

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
https://theathletic.com/86434/2017/...ot-and-the-impact-that-has-on-demario-mccall/

You knew that true freshman running back JK Dobbins was coming along quickly when Urban Meyer emphatically said “he's going to play†at Big Ten Media Days in Chicago last month.

Now listen to this.

“This guy loves football now and he's smart,†running backs coach Tony Alford said of Dobbins. “I would say that in my 22 years — and I say this not taking anything away from anyone else — this guy has picked it up faster than anybody I've ever been around. He's picked up, he understands the offense and the nuance of it very quickly. He plays hard. He goes so hard in everything he does.â€

That long statement came right after Alford said Dobbins is “without question†Ohio State's No. 2 running back behind Mike Weber, which means the former four-star running back of La Grange, Texas has already hopped Antonio Williams on the depth chart.

dude should be wearing Burnt orange. SMH texas

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
https://saturdaytradition.com/michigan-football/florida-head-coach-jim-mcelwain-going-heck-michigan/

Florida head coach Jim McElwain isn’t lacking confidence as he leads the Gators into a massive Week 1 showdown against Michigan at AT&T Stadium in a little less than two weeks.

“I love the energy, can’t wait to see you,†McElwain said after thanking students for buying all available season tickets. “And you know what, we’re heading to Dallas here in a couple weeks to go beat the heck out of Michigan and then come back to you guys.â€

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Kid hasn't even played a snap and you're already calling him an All-American and first rounder 3-4 years from now. Ok then...

Look, I'm not saying I'm perfect. But I called Elliott before he played a game at tOSU, and the Buckeyes had 8 players ranked higher than he was in his draft class.

I called Sam Hubbard before he played and he was ranked 18th out of 23 tOSU recruits and he may be a first round pick next year.

So he may not be, but Meyer came out again today and said he told his parents to "get ready to watch because your son is going to play."

Meyer isn't like that with just anyone.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Kyle Whittingham also hired Troy Taylor to run his offense. His offenses have been record setting at every level.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
CHRIS SPIELMAN FILES LAWSUIT AGAINST OHIO STATE TO BLOCK USE OF PLAYER IMAGES

Chris Spielman Files Lawsuit Against Ohio State to Block Use of Player Images

https://www.bizjournals.com/columbu...wsuit-against-ohio-state-expands.html?ana=twt

The Chris Spielman vs. Ohio State University lawsuit just got a whole lot bigger.

In July, the former Buckeyes linebacker sued the school and its sports marketing agency, IMG, on behalf of past and current OSU football players, accusing them of profiting from "commercial exploitation of their images."

On Tuesday, an amended complaint was filed that expands the class action lawsuit beyond Ohio State and now involves all 89 schools that have contracts with IMG, including Ohio State.

The original lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court in Columbus and named as "co-conspirators" Nike USA Inc., which makes licensed OSU apparel, and American Honda Motor Company Inc., which sponsored a series of banners with former star players' names and photos hanging in Ohio Stadium.

You can read more about the school's relationship with IMG here. Ohio State has the third-largest college marketing deal in the country, and is one of three schools to get more than $10 million a year in exchange for advertising rights.

Spielman’s long-time agent Bret Adams told me the amended complaint was necessary because Ohio State is attempting to move the case to the Ohio Court of Claims so it could argue immunity based on being a state government university.

The new filing expands the class action to "make it bigger and stronger. The class would represent thousands of former players at each institution."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad