Offseason Moves Part IV

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm unable to see embedded tweens but can't remember how to fix it, anyone know?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Just post the numbers after the "/"
in the tweet in between [ tweet ][/MEDIA].

No, not making them. I can't view them. Any post with tweets comes up blank, as if you haven't posted anything at all. I had this issue in the past, just can't remember how I fixed it.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
No, not making them. I can't view them. Any post with tweets comes up blank, as if you haven't posted anything at all. I had this issue in the past, just can't remember how I fixed it.

Maybe try clearing your cache? Sometimes they load very slow for me. As in, they look blank, and then eventually they load.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
why would we do that? nielsen is a better player

I'm asking if that would be too much or too little. I see your reading comprehension is still enigmatic.

Plus, Nielsen may be more well rounded than Kruger, but is trending down and has struggled in both playoff appearances with overcoming his size issues. Kruger's younger and has quickly emerged into one of the top shutdown centers in the league, who has good advanced stats and can win a faceoff.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
I'm asking if that would be too much or too little. I see your reading comprehension is still enigmatic.

Plus, Nielsen may be more well rounded than Kruger, but is trending down and has struggled in both playoff appearances with overcoming his size issues. Kruger's younger and has quickly emerged into one of the top shutdown centers in the league, who has good advanced stats and can win a faceoff.

i wasnt trying to start a pissing match, relax....

all i was saying was that nielsen is WAY more valuable.....add to that fact that chicago is in trouble with the cap and i would expect to get something back more valuable than nielsen...maybe something along the lines of a bickell or versteeg

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
If you refresh the page do they appear?

Nope.

all i was saying was that nielsen is WAY more valuable.....add to that fact that chicago is in trouble with the cap and i would expect to get something back more valuable than nielsen...maybe something along the lines of a bickell or versteeg

He's a pending UFA though. Kruger is an RFA, he's 25, and addresses a need for the team. I don't think Chicago would do a Kruger+ for Nielsen though.

Bickell earns 4 million for this and next season. He's not very good offensively and I don't think he fills the same need that Kruger does. He's also 29. Versteeg isn't better than Nielsen and he plays the wings, so a Nielsen for Versteeg swap doesn't make sense.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Wait, are you saying Bickell and Versteeg have more value than Nielsen?

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Wait, are you saying Bickell and Versteeg have more value than Nielsen?

id rather not trade nielsen at all, but i would be okay if we decided to trade him for bickell + a prospect if we knew we wouldnt resign him.

bickell bring size, snarl, a bit of scoring and playoff experience...i think he would be a nice add.......if we could get a b level prospect in addition, i think itd be a fair deal

like i said though....id prefer to keep frans

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
id rather not trade nielsen at all, but i would be okay if we decided to trade him for bickell + a prospect if we knew we wouldnt resign him.

bickell bring size, snarl, a bit of scoring and playoff experience...i think he would be a nice add.......if we could get a b level prospect in addition, i think itd be a fair deal

like i said though....id prefer to keep frans

Bickell is terrible, especially in comparison to Kruger. Kruger was a key cog in Chicago's cup run, while Bickell (albeit hurt) watched from the press box. He's slow, overpaid, and terribly inconsistent. If you think he would be a "nice add", then I think I'm good with discussing this with you.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Bickell is terrible, especially in comparison to Kruger. Kruger was a key cog in Chicago's cup run, while Bickell (albeit hurt) watched from the press box. He's slow, overpaid, and terribly inconsistent. If you think he would be a "nice add", then I think I'm good with discussing this with you.

aright dude....agree to disagree....you should probably drop your arrogance though

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Nope.

He's a pending UFA though. Kruger is an RFA, he's 25, and addresses a need for the team. I don't think Chicago would do a Kruger+ for Nielsen though.

Bickell earns 4 million for this and next season. He's not very good offensively and I don't think he fills the same need that Kruger does. He's also 29. Versteeg isn't better than Nielsen and he plays the wings, so a Nielsen for Versteeg swap doesn't make sense.

Are you looking from work or a restricted web service?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Are you looking from work or a restricted web service?

I figured it out because of this.

It's because I recently upgraded to Windows 10, so I had to reinstall everything...including add-ons. One of them blocked the twitter images in the past and I ended up having to whitelist this site in order for them to show up.

Thanks!

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I'm not sure there's any need or actual intelligence in moving Cizikas at this point. Guy does his job better than most and shouldn't be a financial issue moving forward.

Nielsen is another story, as he's likely not here after this season one way or the other.

Snow will surely pay attention to offers or interest from other GMs.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Nielsen is one of the FEW guys on the team that makes so few mistakes. That is one of the many reasons we need him on our team. It's not like he is injury prone either.

Changing topics here.. Has anyone seen Justin Vaive play? I know he's a project...I would say similar to Loic Leduc....He seems like a potential bottom 3 player...possibly a Matt Martin replacement. In the salary cap era..I think we might be seeing MM gone after this season..

why is it that the kids of high scoring players play bottom roles and aren't offensively gifted ...ie Orr/Nystrom/Vaive and the players that were meatheads seem to produce offensively talented kids ie. Domi?

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
I'm not sure there's any need or actual intelligence in moving Cizikas at this point. Guy does his job better than most and shouldn't be a financial issue moving forward.

Nielsen is another story, as he's likely not here after this season one way or the other.

Snow will surely pay attention to offers or interest from other GMs.

would love to keep both. i think Nielsen is more likely to feel a loyalty to the team, being from Europe, and might take a team friendly salary. the NA guys usually have favorite teams that are close to home, and would love to play there sometime in their career.

i would like to see Nielsen sign for 5 years, $18 mil

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Nielsen is one of the FEW guys on the team that makes so few mistakes. That is one of the many reasons we need him on our team. It's not like he is injury prone either.

Changing topics here.. Has anyone seen Justin Vaive play? I know he's a project...I would say similar to Loic Leduc....He seems like a potential bottom 3 player...possibly a Matt Martin replacement. In the salary cap era..I think we might be seeing MM gone after this season..

why is it that the kids of high scoring players play bottom roles and aren't offensively gifted ...ie Orr/Nystrom/Vaive and the players that were meatheads seem to produce offensively talented kids ie. Domi?

Nielsen can't win a faceoff for his life. That's a pretty big mistake he makes consistently.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
would love to keep both. i think Nielsen is more likely to feel a loyalty to the team, being from Europe, and might take a team friendly salary. the NA guys usually have favorite teams that are close to home, and would love to play there sometime in their career.

i would like to see Nielsen sign for 5 years, $18 mil

I like Nielsen too but 5 years??? That's a little long no? Not sure the market dictates a guy like him getting a 5 year deal. If it does, give him a nice watch, a pat on the ass and c ya.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I like Nielsen too but 5 years??? That's a little long no? Not sure the market dictates a guy like him getting a 5 year deal. If it does, give him a nice watch, a pat on the ass and c ya.

I love Frans and a divorce with him and the Isles will be heartbreaking... let's not forget that hockey is a business. His best days are behind him and we have a bunch of kids that can replace him now and within the next couple of seasons. I will wish him the very best, but his time is coming to an end with this team as a big time contributor.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
If he is willing to take a hometown discount he is a great player to keep around. Can play anywhere in the top 9, can pk or pp, wing or center. By all accounts a good leader and mentor to the kids. Deadly in the shootout. As a 13th forward you could do much worse than Nielsen. It all hinges on the discount he is willing to take.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
Nielsen was hurt towards the end of last year. He's still a useful player and I hope we keep him but I think chances are that we will lose him.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site

yeah, but we have to pay him something. Grabovski making $5 mil, Kulemin making $4.2 mil. paying Frans $3.6 for 5 years is not going to break us, and i think that he is more valuable then either of Grabo or Kool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad