Speculation: Offseason Free Agency thread

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
... Played center until his back hurt too much on faceoffs, started playing wing then, his back is fine now and he's willing to play c if needed

I'm aware he played center earlier in his career and he can fill that role if needed, but he's a winger now.

This language is French and you don't need to be rude!!

Isn't it rude to simply assume I know the language? Why would I?

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Having a hard time understanding the inclusion of Habs’ first-rounder in any deals.

Not bc the draft is in Montreal, but because it’s a great draft and we’re a serious injury or two from being in the lottery. Might end up there w/o injuries anyway.

The next draft isn’t the one to sit idly by in Round 1.
It's simple, really.

Suzuki, Caufield, Kotkaniemi, Romanov are already roster players. We drafted a ton of prospects the last four years. It's time to turn those into actual NHL players to surround our young core and take advantage of the remaining productive years from Price, Petry, Gallagher, Toffoli, Hoffman etc.

Passivity will get us nowhere. We've tried that with our previous core when we waited for Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Tinordi and McCarron to grow into roles we had envisioned for them. It never happened. Instead, we watched Plekanec and Markov age and deteriorate and the team went off the rails.

Now, I'm not advocating spending future assets on 30-year olds. But if next years' pick can get you a Lindholm, or a Dvorak, players just entering their prime, who will help Suzuki/Caufield for many years, then go for it. I don’t see a reason not to.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
I would prefer Brassard and Ryan Murray over Bozak and Vatanen.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
It's simple, really.

Suzuki, Caufield, Kotkaniemi, Romanov are already roster players. We drafted a ton of prospects the last four years. It's time to turn those into actual NHL players to surround our young core and take advantage of the remaining productive years from Price, Petry, Gallagher, Toffoli, Hoffman etc.

Passivity will get us nowhere. We've tried that with our previous core when we waited for Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Tinordi and McCarron to grow into roles we had envisioned for them. It never happened. Instead, we watched Plekanec and Markov age and deteriorate and the team went off the rails.

Now, I'm not advocating spending future assets on 30-year olds. But if next years' pick can get you a Lindholm, or a Dvorak, players just entering their prime, who will help Suzuki/Caufield for many years, then go for it. I don’t see a reason not to.
The draft is in MTL, they won’t get rid of their first unless a superstar is involved. I’d love to get one of those players but multiple picks/prospects or 2023 pick is only way - as I can’t see them parting with 1st.

Reactions: dralaf

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Sorry, I don't read this language.
The jist:

The Quebecker doesn't exclude the possibility of playing centre. Far from it. 'I played centre up until my back started bothering me during faceoffs. That's when I became a winger. My back is doing well now and it's no longer a problem to play centre.'

Reactions: Archijerej and Gyfu

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
comicdrum.gif
quelqu'un peut traduire ce commentaire ? je ne comprend pas ce language . Est-ce de l'Espagnol ?

...Tha thu nad ghille èibhinn...

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
haha it's extra rude because "don't" implies a dismissiveness which is 100% unnecessary. he could've said "sorry I can't read that language" but nope he just went for it to start **** :laugh: the mantle of Edgiest Lord on this forum has been passed to a new owner :rolleyes:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
It's simple, really.

Amen ! Couldn’t have said better

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Is Bozak worth to be signed ? Is he better than Evans or Perreault ?

If we can't get a legit upgrade at C, Bozak is a good option depending on the price. He can put up 30-40 points and is great on faceoffs.

Ideally he is in the bottom six, but if KK struggles he can play on the second line and not look out of place offensively. He'd also be on a short-term deal so it'd allow Evans or Poehling a chance to steal his minutes if they take the next step.

Also getting Bozak would allow us to have more assets to put toward a PMD.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's simple, really.

Well said. Some posters want a full rebuild and not to trade any futures at all but we are in that spot where if we add a few key pieces (with term or control), we can move up the standings and have a shot at more longer runs.

It's risky to trade futures to try to move up in the standings
and
It's also risky to think the futures will turn us into a better team in 5+ years.

Full rebuilds usually happen when the timing is right. If Price was taken by Seattle, it might have been easier with both Price and Weber gone earlier than expected. However, we still have Price and I feel we should try to win with him in that 3-5 year window.

Reactions: Archijerej

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad