Speculation: Offseason Free Agency thread

malton

Feb 17, 2009
I want our youth to get a chance, but I also wouldn't mind 1 yr deals that we can flip at the deadline.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
How can they ask that much for a guy who hasn't done much yet? We could get just as much for KK by that logic.

1) Is their demand? Yes.
2) Is their supply? No.
3) Do they need to trade him? No.
4) Do they need or want lesser assets? No.

Its really not ****ing hard to figure out.

And do you honestly think the Habs wouldn't demand at least as much for Kotkaniemi?

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
1) Is their demand? Yes.
2) Is their supply? No.
3) Do they need to trade him? No.
4) Do they need or want lesser assets? No.

Its really not ****ing hard to figure out.

And do you honestly think the Habs wouldn't demand at least as much for Kotkaniemi?
Well, all of your rudeness aside, it was really a rhetorical question. I was more pointing to the fact that the asking price is ridiculous for someone who hasn't broken out yet.
You could've simply responded without essentially calling me an idiot.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Well, all of your rudeness aside, it was really a rhetorical question. I was more pointing to the fact that the asking price is ridiculous for someone who hasn't broken out yet.
You could've simply responded without essentially calling me an idiot.

Huh? He's 25. He's as "broken out" as you can expect a guy to be. He's a two way center that produces on the PP. He is what he is.

His value isn't potential, its that he's a defensive center on a good contract with term that can score (specifically on the PP). In a market where Centers/versatile forwards are in demand.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Huh? He's 25. He's as "broken out" as you can expect a guy to be. He's a two way center that produces on the PP. He is what he is.

His value isn't potential, its that he's a defensive center on a good contract with term that can score (specifically on the PP). In a market where Centers/versatile forwards are in demand.
His junior stats indicate he should be more than a defensive centre getting 38 points per year. If not, then what I said about the asking price is even more relevant.

frenchcanayan

Jul 26, 2021
I'd like Brassard but putting a french guy ''against'' KK is just asking for a french media diarrhea every time KK have a bad game and Brassard have 1 shot on net and 3 checks in that same game.

Reactions: Redux91

Jul 6, 2016
I'd like Brassard but putting a french guy ''against'' KK is just asking for a french media diarrhea every time KK have a bad game and Brassard have 1 shot on net and 3 checks in that same game.

IF KK doesn't deliver the goods, Perreault, a former centerman, will take his spot. No needs for Brassard.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Still a number of decent guys available via UFA. Could we see a BargainBin special?

Bozak
Zajac
Donato
Chara
Galchenyuk
Staal
Gudbranson
Vatanan
Demers
B Ryan
Neal
Anisimov
Chiasson

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Still a number of decent guys available via UFA. Could we see a BargainBin special?

Bozak
Zajac
Donato
Chara
Galchenyuk
Staal
Gudbranson
Vatanan
Demers
B Ryan
Neal
Anisimov
Chiasson
I will this dead horse; I would love Bozak. He can bring what we need in the D zone and the dot.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Bozak
Zajac
Donato
Chara
Galchenyuk
Staal
Gudbranson
Vatanan
Demers
B Ryan
Neal
Anisimov
Chiasson
I’ve gone on record as expecting Habs to approach Bozak w PTO

Reactions: Redux91

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal
I could maybe live with Bozak but then we'd have 16 forwards. He's good on faceoffs but declining otherwise.

C: Suzuki, Dvorak, Bozak, Evans, Paquette, Poehling
LW: Drouin, Hoffman, Lekhonen, Perreault
RW: Caufield, Toffoli, Anderson, Gallagher, Armia,

LTIR: Byron - coming back midseason.

Poelhing would be sent down, but it's still a lot.

Might as well try out Poelhing if he has a good camp. Tough call either way.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Bozak
Zajac
Donato
Chara
Galchenyuk
Staal
Gudbranson
Vatanan
Demers
B Ryan
Neal
Anisimov
Chiasson
I’ll take Bozak and Demers for under $1M, Alex.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad