Speculation: [Offseason 2024] Sam Girard, trade candidate?

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
that should tell you how interested we were. it wasn't 'very much'

Is that what it should tell us? Because I thought it tells us that due to drafting like crap for 20+ years and regularly trading away everyone of any value at the TDL, there's nothing expendable left on the Habs roster that is of much value, and they couldn't possibly beat the offer from LA without giving up one of their few untouchable pieces.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Is that what it should tell us? Because I thought it tells us that due to drafting like crap for 20+ years and regularly trading away everyone of any value at the TDL, there's nothing expendable left on the Habs roster that is of much value, and they couldn't possibly beat the offer from LA without giving up one of their few untouchable pieces.
it's true. a player who has missed a good chunk to injuries since being drafted, a mid6 guy and a 4th liner was too rich for us

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
it's true. a player who has missed a good chunk to injuries since being drafted, a mid6 guy and a 4th liner was too rich for us

I know it's true. I've seen your roster. There isn't a single player under 25 coming off a 20+ goal season in the NHL that the Habs can afford to give up, not even someone who has missed a good chunk to injuries since being drafted like Vilardi. I don't even see a 4th liner who was a 1st round pick from the last 5 years like Kupari.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I know it's true. I've seen your roster. There isn't a single player under 25 coming off a 20+ goal season in the NHL that the Habs can afford to give up, not even someone who has missed a good chunk to injuries since being drafted like Vilardi. I don't even see a 4th liner who was a 1st round pick from the last 5 years like Kupari.
The Habs GM made hay when the sun was shining on their roster of past disposable assets like Kulak, Lex and Chiarot.

It’s barren for those type assets at this point. Which is why they were essentially radio silent at the 2023 deadline.

The Avs aren’t going to resign Toews. They don’t have the cap space for it. If Nurse and Seth Jones make over $9mm per, what’s Toews worth. He’s older but a lot better than those guys. His next AAV won’t start with a $5 or a $6. It probably won’t start with a $7 either.

The Avs can’t afford to trade Girard. The Habs don’t need him on their timeline and don’t have the assets to acquire him either given all their “he’s not available” untouchables.

This thread is such a time suck and is chock full of stupid takes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad