GDT: Offseason 2023 Thread - Now what do we do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
so plugging in things on Capfriendly:

Drury + 1st + 2nd for Lindholm
Wall for TDA @50%
Duchene at 6x1
Freddy back at 5.5x2
Rees as 13th F
random league min D as 7th D

would leave us with over 1.7m to spend still with the only position of need being G3
Sign Ned for your cheap G3

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
And this is the exact situation that gets you offer sheeted. When you tell a young top pairing defenseman that he's gonna have to sign a bridge deal that will cost him millions of dollars because you've screwed up your cap situation, you're daring someone to take a young cost controlled asset away from you.
Getting Bouchard on an offer sheet and in turn trading Pesce for assets to make up for what we lose in the offer sheet would be a pretty impressive way to set the timer back 6 years on a 2RD. Heir apparent RD1 and PP1 to Burns, tides the roster over completely until Burns retires and Morrow is ready, etc.

I do think if we're gonna do offer sheet shenanigans, that's the target. It's a fit, for sure.
Long term D-core...I hate to say bye to Pesce but I could live with this
Slavin - Bouchard
Nikishin - Morrow
I agree with you guys about Bouchard being a fantastic offersheet target. I still doubt the offer sheet happens even with their cap situation and bridge deal desire, but maybe they will be willing to trade him with the threat of us offer sheeting him.
A Nylander/Pesce swap (we add some sweetener as well) is looking pretty good for both clubs at the moment. Fills big needs for both clubs, and both clubs might be more willing/able to go to the ask of the new acquisition then they are for their former player. We know our management has been interested in him in the past, I wonder if there have been any conversations?
Yeah, if we can't re-sign Pesce, Nylander is easily one of the top available (presumably available) targets for a trade of Pesce. I don't know if we'd be even be able to get both done, let alone one of the two, but getting Bouchard as Pesce's replacement (through the offer sheet route namely), AND getting Nylander would be a HUGE off season win for our front office and the Hurricanes franchise.

1. Offer sheet Bouchard.
2. Trade Pesce + (question is, as was pointed out, what do we add) for Nylander.
3. Profit.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC

It had to be done.

Screenshot 2023-06-30 160050.jpg

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Christian Fischer is being bought out in Arizona. Big forward that can go to the dirty areas. Yes please

Yeah its interesting that some quality guys are becoming available right now. Certainly picked an interesting time to have a heck of a lot of cap space this year with the major 2023-24 salaries (save goalie) already addressed.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
Does anyone have ANY idea how far Trotz pushes? Like, is it just trimming off some fat & gristle, or are the Preds headed toward full rebuild? Because, if there's ANY chance of Forsberg coming available, that 100% needs to be our big get, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad