Post-Game Talk: Officially the best season in franchise history! Panthers win their first ever Final game 3-2 over Vegas!

You know the poll

• Yes

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

CC: Habs Fans

1686340062180.png

LMFAO

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Barkov can’t be everything everywhere. My point is that he provides the basis upon which the snipers can thrive. It’s a team game. Verhaeghe does some (not all) of his best work with Barky on ice - not a coincidence.

Yes, Barkov should shoot a bit more than he does. But not tons more, I disagree with exactly that idea. First, his release isn’t as quick as Carter’s, and second as much as he’s improved, his shots aren’t quite top NHL elite like Verhaeghe’s. Still, I don’t deny that he should shoot a bit more - but not as much more as you and some others seem to want.
His shot may not be elite, but he has shown the capacity to me among the top goal scorers in the league. He was 8th and 9th from 2020 to 2022, a sample size of 67 games.

No one's denying his contribution outside offense has been immensely valuable, I actually thought he was one of our best forwards last game.

There's also the simple fact that his offensive in the playoffs is far below what is expected of him. I'll use his past 3 seasons because theyve been his best production wise, His PPG is 1.21 in the last 3 years! Thats a 99 point pace in 82 games, up there with the best offensive players in the league and he's one of the few with just as good of a defensive game. Stuff like this is why he was in the conversation of being a top 5-10 forward in just the past few years.

In the last 3 postseason, his PPG is 0.72 in the last 35 games, that's 59 points in 82 games. That's a 40 point difference between his regular season and playoff production. I get that almost every players production goes down in the playoffs, but that's dramatic.

Players of his ilk like Toews and Kopitar were hovering around or just below a PPG while playing in a much lower scoring era. Barkov has shown to be as good as them in the regular season.

Don't get me wrong, he's still been our best two way player by far, and his defensive stats these playoffs for the most part have been incredible. He's also been underwhelming on the offensive side of things. Both can be true.

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
I booed the **** out of Kolesar after his recent comments; maybe that's what he heard. I actually thought the arena was pretty devoid of Knights fans, which was awesome to see.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
The only f**king win in the Stanley Cup final in the history of this franchise, and my f**king recording stops short at the end of regulation. And I forgot to do my backup recording, shit. Oh well, I got to see the highlight of the OT goal, thank god they won that. The series is 2-1, and everyone has held serve after all of that. Thankfully, the Panthers are still in it.
Just wish I could have seen it all the way through, f**k.

Last edited:

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Jesus, it looks like he’s having to relearn how to skate or something. Really odd.

probably first time in skates/on ice since injury. not sure if we have confirmation but the word is he suffered a broken bone in his leg. not surprising to see him just gliding around and getting some touches in.

that said, if he's on the ice and skating, he must be at a point where he's not going to do any further damage. maybe a good sign? you'd think he'll need a few good practices before even being considered as an option but if the series goes 6 or 7, there are a lot of off-days in there. so maybe?

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
probably first time in skates/on ice since injury. not sure if we have confirmation but the word is he suffered a broken bone in his leg. not surprising to see him just gliding around and getting some touches in.

that said, if he's on the ice and skating, he must be at a point where he's not going to do any further damage. maybe a good sign? you'd think he'll need a few good practices before even being considered as an option but if the series goes 6 or 7, there are a lot of off-days in there. so maybe?

He was on the ice for practice before game 1 I believe

Reactions: Chaos2k7

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
He was on the ice for practice before game 1 I believe

still, considering it's been 2 weeks give or take a day or two since he broke his leg, it's still something. we don't know anything about the break, if that's what it is, though so it's hard to know if he'll be able to ramp up quickly enough to be considered later in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad