Post-Game Talk: Officially the best season in franchise history! Panthers win their first ever Final game 3-2 over Vegas!

You know the poll

• Yes

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

Making this thread early because the last one is bleak. I am on a huge GDT win streak so I will take 100% credit when they win. Luostarinen and Gudas may be back (seems unlikely at this point) but at least PoMo can line match now.

First home Cup finals game since '96, get excited! This is a team that came back from down 3-1 vs Boston and won 8 of 9 vs Toronto and Carolina, that's 11 of 12. And they can't win 4 of 5 vs Vegas? It can be done. And for when this thread gets copied to the mainboard, to the people who tell me "No" to this, I don't care, your team is out! And to the 2 Vegas fans who says "No" to this, because there's literally 2 on HF boards (this isn't a fanbase joke it's just no one signed up for a forum after 2014), your jokes about the refs got stale 3 minutes into game 1, I am begging you please stop no one finds it funny.

You gotta keep believing (unless they lose this one, then you can stop)

But for now just enjoy this, it's been an unbelievable run

How the average HFer looked the last time the Panthers hosted a Final game:

08pzyaka1cj11.jpg

Could be worse, society the last time Toronto hosted a Final game:

I've been informed pictures did not exist then

Last edited:

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I have hope, would never lose it even if we’re down 3-0 and 3-0 in third period of 4th game.

But they’ve just looked so outclassed. Like they don’t even belong in the same ice.
I’d feel a lot better with Luo or Gudas back.
We simply don’t have NHL caliber depth to cover some imminent holes when you’re trying to go on a playoff run. Fitzgerald….yikes. I don’t even know why he’s next man up and not Carlsson tbh but whatever.

Anyway, yeah sure any team can lose a game in the NHL. But I think it’s a mountain of a task to win 4 of the next 5. This post season has been magical, so why not right? But man… Vegas just looks so dominant and we’ve looked so disjointed. Unrecognizable.
Can we actually play smarter than them and change our whole approach and be disciplined and composed? That’s the real question. Well, this is it, this is the toughest test possible and we’ll find out what this team
is truly made out of.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Is there a hidden joke in the thread title? Don't recall the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor. Get your facts straight man!

If the Germans had bombed Pearl Harbor instead of the Japanese, it more likely would have been over... :sarcasm:

So will it be our Alamo next game or the battle of Thermopylae?

Reactions: I am not exposed

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Is there a hidden joke in the thread title? Don't recall the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor. Get your facts straight man!

If the Germans had bombed Pearl Harbor instead of the Japanese, it more likely would have been over... :sarcasm:

So will it be our Alamo next game or the battle of Thermopylae?
There’s a movie called Animal House…

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I will always have that sliver of hope that they can win the series. But at the very least if they're gonna lose in the SCF, go down fighting, because atm it looks like Vegas is gonna breeze through us and that's not any fun to watch.

Reactions: M4k4 and Panteras

Panteras

Sep 14, 2009
I want Gudas to play, but as much as I like what he brings to our game and what he’s meant for us through this run, at this point I wonder if in this series/situation it’s just a blessing in disguise if he’s out but we have to put Carlsson in there not Fitzgerald.

Panteras

Sep 14, 2009
I was listening to Frank Forte as a guest in the Locked on Panthers podcast and he said something which stuck with me. He said now that bounces aren’t going our way, the depth and talent gap between us and Vegas really shows. Unfortunately, that’s just a fact.
Still, even with this roster we managed to get here and it wasn’t all due to puck luck. So we have to find a way to play our structured forecheck physical game that gave us success. I feel like we’ve been a disjointed mess these last 2 games and that needs to change. Just focus on winning puck battles and doing the little things right. Just okay sound responsible hockey and no extra curricular stuff. Don’t get drawn into stupid shit.

I still believe. Let’s go Panthers!!!

Reactions: Marco 85

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
I want Gudas to play, but as much as I like what he brings to our game and what he’s meant for us through this run, at this point I wonder if in this series/situation it’s just a blessing in disguise if he’s out but we have to put Carlsson in there not Fitzgerald.
It's that whole right shot/ left shot thing though. Gudas is a righty and Carlsson's a lefty, so it would probably be Fitzgerald again...

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
anyone know if Pantherland opening longer hours than usual? I read somewhere that may be the case for the playoffs, but it doesn't say anything on the website, just the usual open 1 hour before game time.

Also for FLA Live arena in general, when do doors open during playoffs? I thought I read it may be earlier than normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad