Post-Game Talk: Officially the best season in franchise history! Panthers win their first ever Final game 3-2 over Vegas!

You know the poll

• Yes

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Hill does not move/adjust well. I am not saying he is bad. But he is extremely beatable.

VGK is insulating him incredibly well. Cassidy and the players deserve huge credit.

That said, if we can keep the foot on the pedal, we could make a series out of this.
Agreed, they are playing incredibly well in front of him. They are all committed to each play and shift and their sticks are very active just like ours. Their size really works to their advantage as well in that right.

Hill is definitely the weakest point on this Vegas squad. Like a video game boss with a flashing red marker on their chest, you gotta target the weakness.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
As Jack Han pointed out on twitter, Vegas deploys a 1-4 upon zone entry by the opposition. They are essentially forming a human wall around Hill. And with the size of their D-Men, it's a literal wall.

Even Clemmensen could flourish around that kind of insulation.

Matt Caldwell said they invited Messi for the game yesterday but his reps said they were busy. He said maybe Saturday.

Man, that crowd will be buzzin already. May get pandemonium if Messi is there.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
In warmups, my buddy and I noticed that Vegas players were only shooting high glove on Hill. Easier shots. Keep Hill’s confidence up and don’t expose weaknesses right before the game. But when Quick came in for his warmup, the shooters were merciless and went everywhere and scored a bunch. Quick seemed to be not only rusty but laboring quite a bit too. While thing seemed a bit weird.

As Jack Han pointed out on twitter, Vegas deploys a 1-4 upon zone entry by the opposition. They are essentially forming a human wall around Hill. And with the size of their D-Men, it's a literal wall.

Even Clemmensen could flourish around that kind of insulation.

Matt Caldwell said they invited Messi for the game yesterday but his reps said they were busy. He said maybe Saturday.

Man, that crowd will be buzzin already. May get pandemonium if Messi is there.
It would be something to get Messi to bang the drums in the pregame lead up.

We had Dan Marino yesterday. He was slow as molasses.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
In warmups, my buddy and I noticed that Vegas players were only shooting high glove on Hill. Easier shots. Keep Hill’s confidence up and don’t expose weaknesses right before the game. But when Quick came in for his warmup, the shooters were merciless and went everywhere and scored a bunch. Quick seemed to be not only rusty but laboring quite a bit too. While thing seemed a bit weird.

Well shit. He was that when he played outside his release lmfao.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I just want to point out how awful and bland Eddie Olczyk is on color, by the way. He provides absolutely nothing to the broadcast and repeats himself constantly. The extent of his analysis is "good stick [INSERT PLAYER NAME HERE]" over and over. Wow, so insightful.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg

But did they score?

1686331329658.png

1686331372173.png

Reactions: harv33173

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
with the hits being dialed way down, I believe it's time to end Boogie Adopted's time on the 2nd line.

Reunite Verhaeghe Bennett Tkachuk and throw someone else on LW for Barkov and Duclair. Maybe someone with skill. Dalpe and White play such a negligible amount of time that I dont see how we cant use someone else with skill, like Hepo, to at least give them a shot on there. Maybe even Deni.

Then you can have Cousins on the 3rd with Lundell and Lomberg back on the 4th.

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
I don’t understand the few people here who criticize Barkov constantly for not scoring more. Would they rather that he was like Verhaeghe?

A singular focus on just the last shot of the puck that ends in the net, with no evaluation of what came before the shot, not just on that shift, but during the game, is shortsighted. And frankly, the wrong take.

Even on Tkachuk’s tying goal, Barkov is the guy who kept the puck alive along the boards. A super play to keep the puck in the zone. Barkov’s efforts like that are what allows possession to continue and therefore for guys like Tkachuk to not run around but go to the goal. Of course it’s not just Barkov who’s making good plays like that, but there’s a lead up that enables scorers to do what they’re best at.

Earlier in the game, Barkov found Duke alone in front, but Duke couldn’t finish. Barkov also fought through Piet’s check to create a bad-angle mini 2-on-1. People blame him for passing when Hill had the short side completely covered. Even Verhaeghe wouldn’t have scored from there. And I won’t even mention all the defensive plays. Also counted at least two occasions where Barkov fought off two Vegas guys who were holding way worse than the Ekblad penalty. No call.

Honestly, Barky gets no love here unless he scores. None of the other stuff seems to count. It’s baffling. But if he went down, the truth would come out, everyone would agree that we can’t win anymore.

If this was soccer, Barkov is like Messi or Zidane while Tkachuk is like Ronaldo or Mbappe. Fantastic to have BOTH on the team.
I‘ve been critical of Barkov offensively.
I think with just cause.

You asked if he should be like Swaggy?

My answer is definitely. In addition to all
the other things he bring to the table.

Swaggy is one thing Barkov can be but isn’t.
A finisher.
Why isn’t he a finisher?

Barkov does all the little ”unseen” things
both offensively and defensively which makes him
valuable. We all appreciate that.

But Barkov is a facilitator not a finisher.
If MT or Swaggy don’t finish.
We don’t win regardless of what Barkov brings.

Are the soccer players you mentioned facilitators
or finishers?

Nothing personal here. Just my opinion.

Reactions: I am not exposed

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I‘ve been critical of Barkov offensively.
I think with just cause.

You asked if he should be like Swaggy?

My answer is definitely. In addition to all
the other things he bring to the table.

Swaggy is one thing Barkov can be but isn’t.
A finisher.
Why isn’t he a finisher?

Barkov does all the little ”unseen” things
both offensively and defensively which makes him
valuable. We all appreciate that.

But Barkov is a facilitator not a finisher.
If MT or Swaggy don’t finish.
We don’t win regardless of what Barkov brings.

Are the soccer players you mentioned facilitators
or finishers?

Nothing personal here. Just my opinion.
Barkov can’t be everything everywhere. My point is that he provides the basis upon which the snipers can thrive. It’s a team game. Verhaeghe does some (not all) of his best work with Barky on ice - not a coincidence.

Yes, Barkov should shoot a bit more than he does. But not tons more, I disagree with exactly that idea. First, his release isn’t as quick as Carter’s, and second as much as he’s improved, his shots aren’t quite top NHL elite like Verhaeghe’s. Still, I don’t deny that he should shoot a bit more - but not as much more as you and some others seem to want.

Reactions: PSLguy

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

Danny Boy has no rhythm lollol

I thought the crowd might boo him for slow ass drumming....

Side note... I was wondering if fans would still yell out Knight for Spencer during the anthem last night.

I wonder how many assumed it was all Vegas fans doing it. I saw a couple of mentions of it, and I see the one player even mentioned it. LoL

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Danny Boy has no rhythm lollol

I thought the crowd might boo him for slow ass drumming....

Side note... I was wondering if fans would still yell out Knight for Spencer during the anthem last night.

I wonder how many assumed it was all Vegas fans doing it. I saw a couple of mentions of it, and I see the one player even mentioned it. LoL
Yeah many panthers fans yelled Knight during the anthem. It’s both cool and cringey. Don’t people know that’s what the Vegas fans (obviously) yell?

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I don’t understand the few people here who criticize Barkov constantly for not scoring more. Would they rather that he was like Verhaeghe?

But the Point is correct or how else could you say, it doesnt look like he hit the Net.
Florida Panthers Teams Stats Playoff by Skater

19 Games played 48 Shots that are 2,52 Shot per Game and under 10% scoreing %. Sorry that is low. But that also belongs to the fact im posted before. First Line prefer shots from the slot or so they play, but it ends looking like Slapstick like yesterday. If its missing Space or Time i dont know.

Most shot in the whole Playoff run Montour 70 shots in 19 Games.

But it looks like Barkov Game in the PO is much more helping out in the D Zone.

Watch the Stats around shots and you understand where the Looking and the Argument comes from.
And i have to admit i have the same feeling.
Benett has the same scoring % but it looks like he is shooting a lot of Pucks.

Only to be fair here the Vegas Playoff stats. MY GOD look at these scoring % did they always score with no one near same or blocking their shots?
Vegas Playoff stats from Skater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad