*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2013 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

scokan

Nov 23, 2009
southern ontario
The thread is closed, but wow. I was wrong on this one, didn't see him falling that far. Yeah, I'd be seething if I were a Spits fan.

it doesnt really matter whether it was day or not, i think most are "seething" over losing a top 5 pick, the punishment doesnt fit the crime..
time to move on instead of dwelling over whats been done..

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Hayden Verbeek, Ryan's younger brother, taken by SSM. I would have figured Spits would have had dibs - Rychel must not have wanted him in the 4th.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Hayden Verbeek, Ryan's younger brother, taken by SSM. I would have figured Spits would have had dibs - Rychel must not have wanted him in the 4th.

Verbeek was rated 4th to 6th rd by most,even higher by OHL,not a good spot for
him to crack lineup,while they lose some forwards they have alot,plus Speers from this
year

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Moore is that small. The OHL draft guide was wrong.

So he'll play 20% of the games, with the Spits saying he's not physically ready and needs to add weight? He'll likely cost us a gold education package as well.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits draft Cen Brendan Warren from Detriot Comp,very highly skilled player committed
to USDTP

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
So for the 1st 6 rds the Spits take 3 Forwards,3 D and 1 Goalie,I would have preferred
4,2 and 1 but going by taking the best player available theory I am good with what
has occurred so far as they try to improve on all areas

big papa

Apr 21, 2012
Usually a week or so after the NHL draft.

sence the lockout happened i believe the NHL Draft is June 30, so that means the import draft is somewhere between July 5-7 as that the first weekend after the NHL Draft

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
A couple of Sun County kids go in the 8th round - Kyler Carter to Saginaw and and Brett Primeau to Kingston.

izzys

Dec 12, 2010
sun county is looking strong today

5 drafted players

and windsor is looking at 2

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Ryan Moore - Belle Tire

Belle Tire F Ryan Moore was selected 35th overall by the Windsor Spitfires. Moore had signed a tender with Youngstown of the USHL. The tender process is pretty new, so I'm not sure exactly how iron-clad it is. If Moore can get out of it, and he signs with Windsor after May 6th, that's a double whammy for Youngstown of losing Moore, and losing the first round Future's pick they gave up in exchange for using a tender.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Thanks.

How does that work with current imports on the team? Decision time at camp?

i.e. Can you carry more than 2 imports until then?

You can only have two unless one was a first round NHL selection or one will be heading into OA season IIRC. Don't quote me on the latter exception though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad