*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2013 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Where did Bennett Morrison play this past season?

We have an extra gold package to use to lure somebody over this off-season as well. Either somebody with #35 who might be considering NCAA route or one of our past draftees.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Where did Bennett Morrison play this past season?

We have an extra gold package to use to lure somebody over this off-season as well. Either somebody with #35 who might be considering NCAA route or one of our past draftees.

He played at a hockey academy I believe in the States

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
^Makes me think Morrison will be heading in the NCAA direction. Can't imagine he'd leave Kent Academy for St. Annes High School.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I wonder if a kid like Noah Bushnell will find his way to Windsor in the second or third round? From what I've read, he seems to be the type that WR likes - big forward who can score and play physical.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
^Bob Bellacicco just did a spot on the kid - Warren said he'll go in the second, a Kitchener scout said he'll be gone by the end of the third. 6'2" 200lb 15 yr old seemed to get better as the year progressed. The local kids draft feature in the newspaper yesterday had him in the 3-6 round range.

http://www.forsehockey.com/Member/1305/Noah_Bushnell

20 points in 15 playoff games after putting up 28 points in 28 games during the regular season. All combined (along with tournaments played - 33 points in 20 games) and his line looks like -
63 games|39 Goals|42 Assists|81 Points

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
I wonder if a kid like Noah Bushnell will find his way to Windsor in the second or third round? From what I've read, he seems to be the type that WR likes - big forward who can score and play physical.

I also hope Brett Primeau will go to Windsor. Goal-scoring forward ranked round 3-6. With all our top 100 picks, think we can nail a hometown kid?

And here's the local players and a little blurb:

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/04/03/fifteen-local-players-rated-for-ohl-draft/

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
We will see what happens I hope Windsor doesn't just reach for local guys and they're actually deserving of an early pick. Their local picks in the top half of the draft haven't been that good (Brassard-not with Windsor but hasn't really been a great power forward), Smith, and Studnicka.

big papa

Apr 21, 2012
We will see what happens I hope Windsor doesn't just reach for local guys and they're actually deserving of an early pick. Their local picks in the top half of the draft haven't been that good (Brassard-not with Windsor but hasn't really been a great power forward), Smith, and Studnicka.

Studnicka and Kerby are best friends so that could be a reason why WR drafted him sence its all been about Kerby

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
I figure Spits don't draft locals as a strategy to keep parents away from the gongshow atmosphere around the team.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
I love how Warren Rychel disassociates himself from the loss of pick penalty - like it happened by random chance, and he just has to deal with it - not that he is totally responsible for it.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
I love how Warren Rychel disassociates himself from the loss of pick penalty - like it happened by random chance, and he just has to deal with it - not that he is totally responsible for it.

Rychel needs to stop passing the buck! He needs to take ownership over this whole situation, apologize to the fans, and promise to do better. Stop blaming all this on "bad luck", admit you screwed up and lay out a plan to move forward from all this crap.

Unfortunately Warren's ego won't allow him to do that. It's always going to be someone else's fault. :shakehead

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Tiny kid.

Call me less than optimistic about this draft. This is going to sour folks even further, knowing Sean Day was our's to have.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Moore seems a bit undersized 5'8" 150lbs. How soon before the Spits say he's not physically ready and hold him out half their games? Have to imagine they wanted Bushnell given Ho-Sang's going to need size on his wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad