OT: Official Video Game Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Ya I know a LOT of people that don't play CoD, or especially Halo, but I don't know a single gamer who doesn't play GTA

Haven't played it since 3...

I'd definitely think something like Madden or CoD are more popular.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I didn't bother preordering. Hopefully I can find a copy tomorrow, the hype is bigger than I thought it would be and I imagine more than just your typical gamer is going to pick this up.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I haven't played GTA since Vice City on the ol' PS2.

It's not even because I don't like the game, GTA III was one of my favorites (which I even have installed on my phone). I sorta just let the series leave me behind.

Last one I played was vice city as well. It was awesome due to the 80's Miami vice/scarface/music reasons but the story lines in these games could be written by a 9 year old. I prefer my shooting rampages in a more realistic military setting now. Think I got too old for gta.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I haven't played GTA since Vice City on the ol' PS2.

It's not even because I don't like the game, GTA III was one of my favorites (which I even have installed on my phone). I sorta just let the series leave me behind.

I feel bad for you. San Andreas is probably the greatest game ever made

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Last one I played was vice city as well. It was awesome due to the 80's Miami vice/scarface/music reasons but the story lines in these games could be written by a 9 year old. I prefer my shooting rampages in a more realistic military setting now. Think I got too old for gta.

GTA just eventually started to lose it's path somewhere along the way. They wanted to turn more serious but their narratives just weren't good enough, and the gameplay has never really been great.

To be honest Saint's Row has pretty much taken over what GTA should be.

fysloc

Dec 23, 2011
I have been out of the gaming loop for a long time now, but can someone tell me what the hype is about GTA 5? Last of us hype made sense because games rarely have good stories, but GTA has that "just shoot hookers and thats the game" stereotype to me.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I have been out of the gaming loop for a long time now, but can someone tell me what the hype is about GTA 5? Last of us hype made sense because games rarely have good stories, but GTA has that "just shoot hookers and thats the game" stereotype to me.

The amount of things to do is almost limitless, and the map is huge

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

I've been only playing for a little bit, but so far the story is pretty solid in this.

And, like The Nuge said, there's endless free roam to do too.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I've been only playing for a little bit, but so far the story is pretty solid in this.

And, like The Nuge said, there's endless free roam to do too.

I might have to do some street robbery and thugging in the first part of the game for me :) then I'll do some explorin :D Come on 4:00!!! I want out of work!!!!

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
That's insane, and its just going to help the "video games cause violence" crowd. The reality is it has nothing to do with the game. If the a new teletubbies movie had this much hype, you'd probably see the same thing

DON'T SAY THAT! I'm first in line for it! Can't spread the word just yet :rant::sarcasm:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
So I'm out driving in the tow truck and I see cops chasing down some random guy. They stop, get out and start chasing him on foot. I casually back up to the cop car, attach the hook and drive away with it haha.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
So I'm out driving in the tow truck and I see cops chasing down some random guy. They stop, get out and start chasing him on foot. I casually back up to the cop car, attach the hook and drive away with it haha.

why does this game have to be released at the start of my school week?! :rant:

I got like 1 hour of play time in

Turrican*

England is pretty much Clockwork Orange England right now.. This shouldn't surprised anyone.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Easily got a copy from BestBuy at lunch today, they had a ton left over.

I didn't realize you have to install 8gigs worth of stuff onto your machine before you can play, gonna have to bust out a new harddrive for this game, my current one only has 3 gigs left on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad