OT: Official Video Game Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
BF1 Beta starts this week (if you were an insider)

New footage looks good, can't wait to get my hands on it to actually play the game.

RCee

Oilers Anointed One
Apr 22, 2015
Heaven sent
The thing with No Man's Sky is the potential it opens up for future games to take advantage of the concept.

Which is funny, because Star Citizen (SC) released their Alpha 3.0 footage a week later and blew everyone's socks off. Check it out here:

https://youtu.be/GucYhhLwlxg

Now there's a game that's doing it right! So glad I backed SC game in 2012. Sure, they are taking their sweet time to get this game right, but for once I am super glad. The last few released games that have been rushed or unfinished (I'm looking at you No Man's Sky), have been terribly disappointing. SC is going to change the industry big time with all the amazing tech they are showing off.

P.S. Oh, sorry consoles. SC is PC only. :yo:

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011

New footage looks good, can't wait to get my hands on it to actually play the game.

Yeah sadly I'm not an insider, hopefully I can still get an open beta after Aug 31. Game looks great

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Yaay! turns out the critics like my game!

CqO-13yXYAAqllP.jpg

RCee

Oilers Anointed One
Apr 22, 2015
Heaven sent
Yaay! turns out the critics like my game!

CqO-13yXYAAqllP.jpg

Yea I concur. I'm really enjoying Deus Ex right now. I'm actually thinking of doing another non-lethal ghost run.

And when I want to play through a game again, I know it's a good game. Harkens me back to AC2 days when I spent the time to do 100% completion. Good stuff

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Yea I concur. I'm really enjoying Deus Ex right now. I'm actually thinking of doing another non-lethal ghost run.

And when I want to play through a game again, I know it's a good game. Harkens me back to AC2 days when I spent the time to do 100% completion. Good stuff

AC2 was the first game i got a platinum on, first of many.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Think I'm up to 10 platinums... with a few games that I'm 1 or 2 away. Felt like most of them were pretty easy though.

Tried really hard to platinum Catherine back in the day, but there were a couple challenge levels that I couldn't get through. Kinda rare actually that the thing that keeps you from getting a plat is "I legitimately just can't do this" rather than "I don't want to grind all this stuff."

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
I am up to 25 right now with several on the go, or on the back burner that could be completed if I focused on 1 only. SOme of themare on multiple consoles.
Assassins Creed 2| Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Heroes| X Men Destiny| Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (PS3)| God of War Chains of Olympus
Resistance 3| The Walking Dead | Skyrim | Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater | Marvel Super Hero Squad The Infinity Gauntlet
Captain America Super Soldier| Heavy Rain | Saints Row 3| Saints Row 4 (ps3) | Deadpool
Lego Marvel Super Heroes | Saints Row: Gat out of Hell | Saints Row 4 (PS4)| Rocket League | Game of Thrones (PS4)
South Park Stick of Truth (ps3)| Lego Batman 2 | Final Fantasy 7 (PS4) | Sword Art Online Lost Song | Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (ps4)

Currently working on South Park Stick of Truth (PS4), MLB 16 the Show, Valkyria Chronicle, and Digimon Cyber Sleuth.

Gat out of Hell (PS4) Metal Gear Solid 4 and MLB 14 the show are all 1 away from Platinums but i hit a wall on those games. Metal Gear Solid 2 is 2 trophies away.

McQuixote

Jan 27, 2006
Edmonton, AB

I like 1st person shooters.
I like WWI.
I'm a middle-aged man who is mediocre at video games.
I'm only able to play 2-3 hours a week, tops.
I don't like to be called a ****** by 14 year old Koreans while they're shooting me in the head.

What are the odds that someone of my demographic would find BATTLEFIELD 1 to be worthwhile?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I like WWI.
I don't like to be called a ****** by 14 year old Koreans while they're shooting me in the head.

What are the odds that someone of my demographic would find BATTLEFIELD 1 to be worthwhile?

I'm in your demographic and so are the people I play with (PS4).

2 to 3 hours a week are fine, I barely have more then that (new kidlets are super busy lol) and I don't find any of that poisonous "chatter" on BF at all. I'm as average to below average as it gets, actually BF4 was my first modern FPS, and it's a matter of finding the fun and getting better. I don't know, I've never really had an issue with the BF community, other then they whine about "netcode" Which is "the game has flaws, you animals", as if putting together an FPS of this quality is just a simple thing.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
All I can say is some of you guys spend waaaaay too much time gaming.

Holy crappolla.

Congrats on the reviews of the game Perfect Drug. And to everyone involved in the project.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I like WWI.

I think it depends.

Battlefield: Hardline felt very CoD-like, so a few of those things caused problems.

I'm hoping Battlefield 1 is like the other BFs(I think BF3 is my most played shooter ever). If it is, it should be ideal for you. Slower paced, more strategical, good team play can mask individual ability.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
From my understanding, for those interested, the BF1 Beta is fully open today, it was a one day early access for "Insiders" which for me consisted of downloading it....and check that down for completion this morning before work. :laugh:

If you're playing on PS4, hit me up maybe we can friends on the Sony Internets game box. ;)

RCee

Oilers Anointed One
Apr 22, 2015
Heaven sent
I'm also really enjoying F1 2016. It's the most satisfying racing sim I've played in a long while. Career mode is fun.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
BF1 is pretty fun so far, not sure if anyone else has been playing it. Runs nicely too, I have it cranked up all the way to ultra and it's been a rock solid 60+ fps.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
BF1 is pretty fun so far, not sure if anyone else has been playing it. Runs nicely too, I have it cranked up all the way to ultra and it's been a rock solid 60+ fps.

Yeah I was on for an hour last night on PS4, very impressed with how it looks and sounds. And the "netcode" feels really good, every time I died, for the most part, if felt like I just lost a gun fight.

Also, road killed by a horse is awesome.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
I haven't played video games in a loooong time (aside from Pokemon GO) but I'm downloading BF1 beta right now as it looks quite fun! Reminds me of BF2 which I really loved playing as a kid. Since then I've played BF3 and BF4 but those were less and less enjoyable imo.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
For those interested in NHL 17 Ratings, here is a Youtube video of all teams ratings:

Ones I found funny:

Gudbranson 86 OVR ELITE HIGH (So he can turn into the next Shea Weber after 1 season? ROFL EA gonna be EA)
Andersen 88 OVR ELITE MEDIUM
Lucic 88 OVR ELITE EXACT
Klefbom 83 OVR ELITE LOW
Matthews 77 OVR ELITE MEDIUM
Puljujarvi 76 OVR ELITE MEDIUM
Laine 77 OVR ELITE MEDIUM

Last edited:

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I like how hall is a 90 and McDavid is an 88.
I also like how McDavid is an 88 and Kyle Palmieri is an 87

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad