Official Training Camp Roster Talk - Part II (The Final Stretch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mofletz

Aug 28, 2006
You gotta think that he is really hoping Virtanen, McCann and Hutton stick around this year. A lot of the guys are 30+ on this team and he probably wants someone who can play video games with or go clubbing with.

yeah he is going to miss Kassian.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
A lot opens up if Higgins is placed on LTIR. Other then some paperwork they can prolong the time before they make a move.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata
Baertschi Horvat Virtanen
Burrows Sutter Hansen
Prust Mccann Dorsett
Vey

Edler Tanev
Hamhuis Weber
Sbisa Hutton
Bartkowksi Corrado

Miller
Markstrom

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
So that's 25 players. 2 more cuts. Cracknell/Vey, Corrado/Biega.

Pretty sure Cracknell is a shoe-in to get cut. We already have Prust and Dorsett who is plays that role.

On D, I think it's Biega. They wouldn't want to lose Corrado to waivers just yet.

So there you go, McCann, Virtanen and Hutton start the year with the Canucks. 3 rookies. Gonna be fresh line up.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
Pretty sure Cracknell is a shoe-in to get cut. We already have Prust and Dorsett who is plays that role.

On D, I think it's Biega. They wouldn't want to lose Corrado to waivers just yet.

So there you go, McCann, Virtanen and Hutton start the year with the Canucks. 3 rookies. Gonna be fresh line up.

pretty excited about the rookies!

:handclap:

Roccosvan

Jan 8, 2010
Vancouver

Well its a 23 man roster and that leaves us with 24...still have to waive Vey since Higgins is injured.

We've got 27 still here including higgy.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Kenins needs to get his mojo back.

Looked overcoached and like he was trying not to make mistakes rather than just playing his game. Feel the coaching staff was way too hard on him last year when he made an occasional turnover when he was trying to make creative plays with the puck.

Gaunce deserved better. Ridiculous he wasn't given a look at center. Looked NHL ready. What a shame that junk like Prust and Vey have blocked him.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Called the Gaunce cut after he sat the previous game. Very disappointing.

Unfortunate preseason for Kenins too. I agree with MS in that it felt like Kenins was being overcoached. Hope he plays well in Utica and comes back flying like he did last season.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
The right thing to do would be to waive Sbisa.

If he clears, we have some extra depth in the minors.

If he's claimed (which won't happen), we get that god awful contract off the books.

This would be the right decision, so Benning will never do it.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
The right thing to do would be to waive Sbisa.

If he clears, we have some extra depth in the minors.

If he's claimed (which won't happen), we get that god awful contract off the books.

This would be the right decision, so Benning will never do it.

Sbisa easily outplayed Weber and Corrado in the preseason imo. His contract is still an eye sore but he didn't play his way off the team.

medhatcanuck

Jul 8, 2010
Inside JayZ's Belly
Well its a 23 man roster and that leaves us with 24...still have to waive Vey since Higgins is injured.

We've got 27 still here including higgy.

Yeah there's a lot of numbers being thrown around.

26 players left, 23 man roster, including Higgins. So, 2 cuts remaining and someone as temporary shoe in for Higgins.

Cracknell, Biega likely cut.

Watch if McCann starts at wing. I think that infers he's the temp for higgy, or if he gets time in the centers they are giving him a legitimate shot. I'd be happy with either, they kept their word.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Sbisa easily outplayed Weber and Corrado in the preseason imo. His contract is still an eye sore but he didn't play his way off the team.

Corrado has been awful but he would have to be exposed to waivers.

I don't think Weber has been great but saying he's been worse than Sbisa is a stretch. Either way, we need Weber for the PP. Biega can fill Sbisa's role quite easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad