OT: Official Sports Media Thread VIII - Milbury out as NBC hockey analyst after 14 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I'm not going to post it here. You can look through Robinson's timeline, if you like.

I just don't think it's fair to criticize Dale for contacting the producer of another media outlet when that producer initiated the contact.
I looked and see nothing regarding Dale.

I take it back. I found it .It was funny. Man is Dale thinned skinned :laugh:

Reactions: LSCII

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Kirk said Dale will be out of a job in 2 months when they won't renew his contract, but he has no pride and is such a stooge that he'd stay at WEEI for $7 an hour.

Hnidy Hnight

Dec 21, 2006
North of Boston, MA
People are actually surprised that Barstool is dancing on deadspins grave.

Does anyone remember when deadspin doxxed PFT Commenter, the most neutral Barstool employee of them all for no reason?

I’ll never understand why media members think losing their job is so much more devastating than anyone else in the work force. I’ve been laid off before, as will most people have happen to them throughout their career. They have zero sympathy when it’s a coal miner losing his job, but it’s a rush for retweets and likes when it’s their job getting whacked.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I’ll never understand why media members think losing their job is so much more devastating than anyone else in the work force. I’ve been laid off before, as will most people have happen to them throughout their career. They have zero sympathy when it’s a coal miner losing his job, but it’s a rush for retweets and likes when it’s their job getting whacked.

Very true. Because they have more of a “voice” I suppose they feel like they’re protected and are above reproach.

Truth is, the fight for two minutes or less of the public’s attention span is more desperate than ever and coincidentally media is worse in this era of more communication than ever

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
what does this have to do with sports?
Bob Murchison is responsible for Kirk and Gerry no longer being on WEEI. He is a nutjob activist who relentlessly went after advertisers with e-mails and clips that were out of context for almost 2 years. His activism cost the Jimmy Fund at least $1 million and (according to Kirk and Gerry) the station upwards of $10 million, not to mention turnover in the sales department. Murchison wants everyone who doesn't share his opinions to be off the radio. He also was responsible for Jon Fetherston losing his show. Murchison is also partly to blame for Kirk's on-going mental health issues. Kirk stepped away from WEEI in August of 2018 on a mental health leave, in which he thought about committing suicide by jumping in front of a train in Winchester.

Last edited:
Reactions: sarge88

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I don't want him to leave.

He is comedy gold. Like last week when he let a caller ask a question for 30 seconds while he looked at his phone and his answer had absolutely nothing to do with what the caller asked him. :laugh:

He really has lost his fastball, but in such a weird way that it's like a car crash. You can't help but watch and be amazed. His spilling the diet coke that time was hilarious.

Back when he was on with Mad Dog, that show was must listen. It was fantastic.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
He really has lost his fastball, but in such a weird way that it's like a car crash. You can't help but watch and be amazed. His spilling the diet coke that time was hilarious.

Back when he was on with Mad Dog, that show was must listen. It was fantastic.

Isn't he a close pal of Bill Parcels? You'd think it'd be time for old Mike to hit the dog track with Bill wouldn't it?

Reactions: LSCII

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Francesa is a national treasure and is one of my favorite people to do an impression of.

Toucher and Rich did a segment on him denying his fart this morning, it was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad