OT: Official Sports Media Thread VI - Doc Emrick wins play by play Emmy for 6th consecutive year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I think Boston has the best baseball talk in the country. I get most of my hockey coverage from Montreal since it's non stop hockey talk and you get to listen to many of the old time hockey greats. I've gotten tired of the Pats coverage

I’m not into baseball, but you’re right. There are plenty of excellent baseball writers here and it’s still a big part of the sports scene so it’s definitely well covered.

I bet there’s some great stuff locally in Montreal for sure. I have friends in Stanstead who aren’t even into hockey all that much and they have some great stories about former players and coaches they’ve run into

Reactions: KrejciMVP

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Is there ANYBODY at WEEI that 98.5 would even want right now?

The Sports Hub has been around now for TEN YEARS and the only talent they have flushed was Gary Tanguay in the key billable hours.

Weekends both stations are local but neither station is paying the weekend talent that much and they can sell enough ads to make the segments sustaining.

If I was running WEEI, I would roll the dice and give afternoon drive to Jack Edwards ( and let him do the show from his home in Connecticut) - People WOULD tune in to sample what he was babbling about. OMF has failed miserably but Edwards and Ordway might create sparks.

I hate to admit this but I enjoy Mitch Melnick on CKGM Montreal (TSN690) - He doesn't take phone calls and has a steady number of 'insiders' that are given the floor, and Mitch is very fair to the Bruins. Problem is in Boston intelligent sports radio is not allowed.

A sample

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/lebrun-leafs-went-back-to-struggling-defensively-1.1292922

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/mcguire-adjustments-on-power-play-key-in-playoffs-1.1292883
Rich Keefe is probably the only one, but I don't know where they'd put him at this point. Certainly won't want to go back to nights.

Dale would be fun on the hockey show, though at that point with Dale and Jaffe, it might as well jsut be NESN.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’m down for some alt rock. I miss 95.5

Here on the cape I get WEEI, occasionally 98.5 depending what part I’m on, a Pop/top 40 type channel, and then like 74959593 country stations

Ordway stinks! Callahan is a fossil! They all stink!

Hnidy Hnight

Dec 21, 2006
North of Boston, MA
I’d actually be all for a motown station to be honest. 97.7’is the best new station we’ve got in a while. But their library only goes back to early 80s. Our city has never recovered from losing oldies 103.3

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
WEEI is lagging. The morning show is a disaster. Go back to covering sports. Duh. I would listen to Dino and Callahan again. Not because they are good but they had intetesting line ups for each morning. They had interesting topics with interviews. I have no idea what they do now.
The midday show would’ve been awesome if it was Keef and Holley!
The big show to me just talks football at ever chance Ordway gets. They’re lack of Bruins coverage is noticeable in the ratings. They deserve it. First place team in town and no coverage. Night time, I could care less.
I like people who are sports people and follow every team in town. 98.5 doesn’t have it in the morning. Zo only knows football and Mazz only know baseball. Felger trolls.
I just want sports with the occasional big news topic that is a major story thrown in when necessary. Sometimes sports takes a back seat.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
There is a strong rumor on the Boston media boards that Entercom is considering a drastic option for afternoons on WEEI

FRANCESA.jpg

Francesa would do a Boston only show from 2 to 3 and then WEEI would simulcast WFAN from 3 to 6. :help:

Reactions: smithformeragent

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
There is a strong rumor on the Boston media boards that Entercom is considering a drastic option for afternoons on WEEI

FRANCESA.jpg

Francesa would do a Boston only show from 2 to 3 and then WEEI would simulcast WFAN from 3 to 6. :help:

V0l2ZSW.gif

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Rich Keefe is probably the only one, but I don't know where they'd put him at this point. Certainly won't want to go back to nights.

Dale would be fun on the hockey show, though at that point with Dale and Jaffe, it might as well jsut be NESN.
WEEI hockey show is excellent
If you insert Dale or Jaffe in there you have what has basically happened to the sports hub hockey show
A bunch of guys who have a connection to the Bruins so impartiality is limited
WEEI guys were good this weekend
But of course they are on Sunday at 8:00 AM for an hour which isn’t enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad