OT: Official Sports Media Thread VI - Doc Emrick wins play by play Emmy for 6th consecutive year

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I am starting to wonder though if it was cut up audio and just playing around. Kind of like Gerry this morning joking saying Columbus is an original six team and people falling for it and calling in to correct him.

I am not sure though since I have not heard the Dale Arnold stuff.

I wasn't listening from the jump, so it could have possibly been. I was flipping stations and it was just on.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Dale Arnold not understanding who the Bruins would be playing next if they won the series vs Toronto says a lot to me about his depth of knowledge on the sport and team he's paid to cover.

That seems...really weird. I don't really do sports radio, and I haven't hear the clip, but from watching him on TV, I'd think he'd understand the bracket format change. It's been in effect for, what, five years now, with this being six? I'm not one to say everything is faked, but it just seems really, really odd that he wouldn't know the format.

Of course, the fake cut could be from lots of sources - out of context clip from 2-3 years ago, a quickly corrected mistake, or a "We don't know who the Bruins are going to see next round - the Jackets of the regular season, or the Jackets of the post-season", which is actually a genuinely good question.

Reactions: sarge88

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
Zolak should only be on the radio during football season. He brings nothing to the table when talking any other sport. I like Zo but this mid day show is god awful.

Reactions: DKH

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
I feel the exact same way. I think both mid-day shows are mediocre.
I think Felger and Mazz are way more entertaining and they are actually interested in more than one sport. I get tired of their whole shtick too, but at least they can talk about more than just the Patriots.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
KPD in HD is hard on the eyes

upload_2019-4-29_2-58-52.png

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
After one more issue, ESPN The Magazine will stop publication as a print product, the network confirmed Tuesday.
“Consumer habits are evolving rapidly, and this requires ESPN to evolve as well,’’ ESPN said in a statement. “The only change here is that we are moving away from printing it on paper and sending it in the mail.’’

ESPN The Magazine to end print operation in September | Boston.com

Reactions: smithformeragent

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
After one more issue, ESPN The Magazine will stop publication as a print product, the network confirmed Tuesday.
“Consumer habits are evolving rapidly, and this requires ESPN to evolve as well,’’ ESPN said in a statement. “The only change here is that we are moving away from printing it on paper and sending it in the mail.’’

Smart move. Majority of them sit in waiting rooms and barbershops until they are completely irrelevant and out dated.

Wonder if they’ll have a big finale last printed edition. Probably have Lebron on it.

Reactions: rfournier103

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ogn.th...-only-publication-onion-gamers-1834384238/amp

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018

Do you think they will ever leave Bristol ct most of their top talent do not want to be there anymore.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

I'm absolutely stunned by this news.

I honestly thought it had ceased operations years ago because it was so bad. I can't believe it lasted this long...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad