OT: Official Sports Media Thread VI - Doc Emrick wins play by play Emmy for 6th consecutive year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Just not a fan of these guys. Toucher thinks he's hilarious and I guess I don't blame him with all the goofy laughing when he does his bits. I guess I don't like his brand of humor.
When you have John Wallach laughing at every other word you say you will believe you are funny after awhile.

Reactions: CDJ and TP

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Just not a fan of these guys. Toucher thinks he's hilarious and I guess I don't blame him with all the goofy laughing when he does his bits. I guess I don't like his brand of humor.
I am with you on your assessment.
Show is terrible, still try to listen once in awhile but it is worst each time.

F & M in the afternoon is more of the same, go the opposite of the home team masses

Currently only listen to the hockey show on Saturday morning
But even that is so predictable. Beers devout defender of everything the Bruins are doing, Jaffe and Haggs

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Entercom’s ‘Radio.com Sports’ Leverages Established Assets.
it seems like there still trying to use weei for national sports coverage so its unlikely that they will switch to country unless there able to make Beasley an offer they cant refuse to get 98.5
98.5 will not be sold, Centrum..... you can only have so many outlets in a market.....WEEI/Entercom has outlets even in Northern New England that have no connection to Entercom itself..... primarily Atlantic Coast Communications/Gleason Media, in Maine OR New England alone, in fact some use SUBSETS of WEEI, IE... WPEI/WGEI

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
98.5 will not be sold, Centrum..... you can only have so many outlets in a market.....WEEI/Entercom has outlets even in Northern New England that have no connection to Entercom itself..... primarily Atlantic Coast Communications/Gleason Media, in Maine OR New England alone, in fact some use SUBSETS of WEEI, IE... WPEI/WGEI

...enter @Fenway to swing in and completely correct this.

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Drellich sucks anyways, no loss.

It is a curious move though. They are really throwing all their focus at Pats/Celtics.

Makes sense. They only have the TV rights to the Celtics, and the Patriots generate the most interest in town. I don't watch NESN or NBCSN Boston unless a game is on, and I rarely go to either website. Why bother paying someone if no one is viewing their content? Have to think that Haggs is on thin ice as well.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Makes sense. They only have the TV rights to the Celtics, and the Patriots generate the most interest in town. I don't watch NESN or NBCSN Boston unless a game is on, and I rarely go to either website. Why bother paying someone if no one is viewing their content? Have to think that Haggs is on thin ice as well.
I watch the Pats stuff on NBCSN, that's about it.

As for the bolded, one can only hope.

Reactions: Smitty93

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

If he's on thin ice, the likelihood of him falling through has to be pretty high...

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
he would tell you the same thing, Donnie, I KNOW THIS, because WEEI is played on those stations, even back in the AHL era, in fact, WJAB promotes Entercom through the social media, no matter if it was 95.5/95.9 or, the current frequency of 92.5
there was a repeater station in ct that went from 98.5 to eei after the entercom cbs merger it probably wont be that hard to switch any weei sports radio network stations to something else

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Entercom OWNS the stations in Boston, Providence, Worcester and Springfield. The other stations just are part of the network.

upload_2019-2-12_15-46-53.png

WTIC-HD3 in Hartford also carries WEEI since the merger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad