OT: Official Sports Media Thread VI - Doc Emrick wins play by play Emmy for 6th consecutive year

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I don't visit this particular thread often.

But I have to point out, and sorry if it already was pointed out, but man does Mike Milbury have vendetta out against David Pastrnak or what. And this has been ongoing since before the playoffs.. It's honestly comical to me but also annoying because I have to listen to this guy every night now.

Reactions: sarge88

Judge Smails

How 'bout a Fresca?
Jan 20, 2004
Bushwood CC

But I have to point out, and sorry if it already was pointed out, but man does Mike Milbury have vendetta out against David Pastrnak or what. And this has been ongoing since before the playoffs.. It's honestly comical to me but also annoying because I have to listen to this guy every night now.

Hard for me to see a vendetta when he's been the worst player on the ice for either team.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

He's got a vendetta out on JoJo too

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Hard for me to see a vendetta when he's been the worst player on the ice for either team.
Not arguing with that.

Just pointing out something I've noticed when watching NBC broadcasts of B's games for awhile now.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Milbury is a triple threat.
Lousy player, lousy GM, lousy commentator.

Reactions: Comfort Eagle

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

I haven't been watching. Does he really?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
He actually does do a good job doing color. I totally agree with @sarge88 on the other two points for sure

I liked Mike as a coach, and I like him as a commentator.

GM?

No.

The very characteristics that made him a good coach & make him a good analyst were a poor match for that position. A bit like Grapes as GM. Not happening.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I was in 5th grade, around 88 or so, and Mike Lynch came to speak at my elementary school in Malden. To my sports obsessed mind he might as well have been a Bruins player. Can't believe he's been doing it all these years. Good luck to him!

If Lobel was chocolate, Lynch was vanilla. "I Like Mike!" Good luck to him.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I liked Mike as a coach, and I like him as a commentator.

GM?

No.

The very characteristics that made him a good coach & make him a good analyst were a poor match for that position. A bit like Grapes as GM. Not happening.
I liked him a s a coach,like him as a commentator and feel he was somewhat misjudged as a GM. He's explained before how non hockey guy Charles Wang would override his decisions on signings/non signings. There's enough to say Mike failed a s a GM,but not enough to know the real reasons why.

Reactions: GordonHowe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad