OT: Official Sports Media Thread VI - Doc Emrick wins play by play Emmy for 6th consecutive year

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
THERE IS VIRTUALLY NOTHING than can reverse a Pulmonary Embolism once it strikes even if they are complaining of it, and that's probably why the medical staff at Fenway South tried everything humanely possible....

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Fond memories of getting the globe sports page as a kid and reading Carfardo. He wrote a great piece on Pearce yesterday. Such a damn shame. RIP

Reactions: Alicat

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
His Sunday notes were the first thing I’d read. He showed up to the ballpark on his off day. Tells you a lot about how passionate he was about baseball and the Red Sox.

Reactions: Alicat

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
One afternoon in Winter Haven back in 1991 we went to see The Doors movie and we have been friends since.

We were the only 2 people in the theater :laugh:

Lost my best friend of almost 30 years in 2011.

Still, not a day goes by where I don’t think of him.

My deepest condolences.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
His Sunday notes were the first thing I’d read. He showed up to the ballpark on his off day. Tells you a lot about how passionate he was about baseball and the Red Sox.
Every single Sunday it was Cafardo, Dupont and Jackie Mac. My dad would get ticked because I would never re-fold the paper right after reading it.

Reactions: Ritmo, BMC and CDJ

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
How very sad. In that picture of him in the tweet looks like a nice person- sometimes you can just tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad