OT: Official Sports Media Thread V - Tim Neverett will not return to the Red Sox radio broadcast team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Lester on Boston sports talk radio: 'You can't run from it'

What Lester came to understand while with the Red Sox was the importance of being genuine and accountable. He also clearly believes a good chunk of the analysis emanates from the airwaves of sports radio.

"This isn’t my favorite time of the day. Let’s put it that way. But I don’t mind doing it," said Lester of his media obligations, which included standing in front of his locker answering questions for an hour Tuesday. "I don’t mind talking about baseball. I actually love talking about baseball. But what gets awkward sometimes is talking about yourself. I don’t like talking about myself. I would rather deflect things to the team and make things about the team and what we’re trying to do and what we’re trying to accomplish. Sometimes that can be, I don’t want to say, taken a different way, but I think now I’m obviously a little bit different. I’m more mature. I’m probably more comfortable in my skin. I feel like I’ve done a good job throughout my career whether when I was younger and older to be as thoughtful and answer a question as truthfully as I can. That’s all I can really say. From my time in Boston I tried to do that. I tried to be consistent with it and I tried to continue to do that here in Chicago. Obviously you have some coverage but it’s not the same coverage as in the Northeast. I think our guys do a good job. I think the Boston crew did a good a job. I think what happens a lot of time is talk radio has a lot of time and they talk. They can make things better, and they can make things work. It is what it is. It comes with the territory. There’s nothing you can do. You can’t run from it."

Sounds like a really nice way of saying he hates the media here in Boston (can't blame him either)

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Entercom's biggest problem is Dale and Keefe as Rich Keefe has not been a good fit with Dale as Holley was.

Felger is the superstar in the market and that isn't going to change anytime soon.

I miss Dale & Holley. They were great together. IMO Rich Keefe is "meh" with Dale, no chemistry at all.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Big changes at WEEI starting August 13th.

PHILADELPHIA – Entercom, the unrivaled leader in sports radio, announced today lineup changes for WEEI (WEEI-FM) in Boston, effective Aug. 13.

The new lineup is as follows:

5:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.: “Kirk & Callahan” hosted by Kirk Minihane and Gerry Callahan
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.: “Dale & Keefe” with Dale Arnold and Rich Keefe
2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.: “Ordway, Merloni & Fauria” hosted by Glenn Ordway, Lou Merloni and Christian Fauria

6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.: “Mut at Night” with Mike Mutnansky
10:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.: “WEEI Late Night”

Entercom announces new programming changes for WEEI

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts

PHILADELPHIA – Entercom, the unrivaled leader in sports radio, announced today lineup changes for WEEI (WEEI-FM) in Boston, effective Aug. 13.

5:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.: “Kirk & Callahan” hosted by Kirk Minihane and Gerry Callahan
2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.: “Ordway, Merloni & Fauria” hosted by Glenn Ordway, Lou Merloni and Christian Fauria

Nice, I'll be able to listen to more Keefe finally. He's my favorite guy on Boston sports talk radio.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA

Smart move. OMF is just a better show than Dale & Keefe. You can now make the argument that WEEI has the best show in each time slot.

Reactions: sarge88

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
No way Ordway and crew last in drive time. Must be changes to that show coming down the pike. When do their contracts expire?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Smart move. OMF is just a better show than Dale & Keefe. You can now make the argument that WEEI has the best show in each time slot.
I disagree with the exception of the midday shows. I much prefer T&R in the morning and as obnoxious as Felger and Mazz can be, I genuinely enjoy them.

Ordway is fine but I can't take Lou and Christian.

I think both night shows suck especially Adam Jones.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Meanwhile, in New York, Entercom has a problem with WFAN

WFAN's Joe Benigno among staffers named in $5M sexual harassment suit - NY Daily News

NY_DN.jpg

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I disagree with the exception of the midday shows. I much prefer T&R in the morning and as obnoxious as Felger and Mazz can be, I genuinely enjoy them.

Ordway is fine but I can't take Lou and Christian.

I think both night shows suck especially Adam Jones.

Don't be shocked to see this return

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Like Fauria, Lou has gotten worse as time goes on, but I cannot f***ing believe they've moved Ordway back into drivetime.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
mag11essay1c-7387937[1][1]-20688.jpg

Glenn Ordway.

WEEI switches Glenn Ordway back to the afternoon slot - The Boston Globe

Five-and-a-half years ago, WEEI host Glenn Ordway was fired by parent company Entercom Communications after a decline in ratings in his long-running afternoon drive program, The Big Show.

Three years ago, Ordway returned to the station in the less prominent midday host role, teaming with Lou Merloni and Christian Fauria on the OMF program and finding ratings success.

Thursday, Ordway in essence got his old gig back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad