OT: Official Sports Media Thread V - Tim Neverett will not return to the Red Sox radio broadcast team

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I'm on the fence with this honestly.

I get what Volin was going for, but the more I've thought about it, why should Brady have to answer questions about another player's suspension? Doesn't matter that they both use the same trainer.

Brady isn't the one telling Edelman what to put into his body, or how to train. He shouldn't have to answer questions about it.

Honestly, if it came from anyone else than Volin, I might put a little more weight into it, but Volin has proven himself as a **** stirrer too many times to take seriously.

He should be asked about it because he's the one selling books and food and an entire health system based on Guerrero's regiment and training. Brady made Guerrero a public figure, and the foundation for the TB 12 Method, which he has only been too happy to have teammates promote.

It's an absolutely fair question, even though like you I am not a Volin fan.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
He should be asked about it because he's the one selling books and food and an entire health system based on Guerrero's regiment and training. Brady made Guerrero a public figure, and the foundation for the TB 12 Method, which he has only been too happy to have teammates promote.

It's an absolutely fair question, even though like you I am not a Volin fan.

I disagree. Sure Brady has a business relationship with Alex G, but he's not the guy that tested positive for shit the league hadn't even seen before. That was JE, and the questions about his testing positive should be directed to him. Just because a player uses a training methodology as part of their overall program does not mean there is a link to Alex G. Edleman could have easily gotten the drugs from elsewhere, and to imply that there is a direct link like Volin did was just shoddy journalism. JE works out with a number of trainers and has an entire team of support staff. The PEDs could have come from any of those sources, yet Volin asked and phrased the question to make it seem like it was directly part of Gurrero's program.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
"Tommy girl".

Mazz is going to hear it for that one. Completely ridiculous.
Between Chad Finn and Trenni I can't figure out who is worse.

Mazz has said far worse than what he said today and no one has batted an eye lash.

It's a stupid schtick but the sudden outrage is amusing to me.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I disagree. Sure Brady has a business relationship with Alex G, but he's not the guy that tested positive for **** the league hadn't even seen before. That was JE, and the questions about his testing positive should be directed to him. Just because a player uses a training methodology as part of their overall program does not mean there is a link to Alex G. Edleman could have easily gotten the drugs from elsewhere, and to imply that there is a direct link like Volin did was just shoddy journalism. JE works out with a number of trainers and has an entire team of support staff. The PEDs could have come from any of those sources, yet Volin asked and phrased the question to make it seem like it was directly part of Gurrero's program.

This is exactly how I feel about it.

Brady should be under no obligation to answer that question, because it has nothing to do with him, regardless of the fact that Edelman trains at TB12 with Gurrero.

Brady could have handled better for sure, but it's a stupid question. What the hell did Volin think Brady was going to say? Did he honestly think Brady was going to actually answer it? The question was phrased in a way to try and trap Brady into either throwing his teammate or trainer/business partner under the bus, mainly because Volin is a snake, and a shitty reporter.

It's pretty evident that his intention was just trying to make Brady look bad.

Reactions: KrejciMVP and LSCII

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Between Chad Finn and Trenni I can't figure out who is worse.

Mazz has said far worse than what he said today and no one has batted an eye lash.

It's a stupid schtick but the sudden outrage is amusing to me.
I'm not outraged, it's a stupid comment that just doesn't hold any type of meaning anymore.

That being said, I'm not shocked to hear Trenni jumping on that train.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I disagree. Sure Brady has a business relationship with Alex G, but he's not the guy that tested positive for **** the league hadn't even seen before. That was JE, and the questions about his testing positive should be directed to him. Just because a player uses a training methodology as part of their overall program does not mean there is a link to Alex G. Edleman could have easily gotten the drugs from elsewhere, and to imply that there is a direct link like Volin did was just shoddy journalism. JE works out with a number of trainers and has an entire team of support staff. The PEDs could have come from any of those sources, yet Volin asked and phrased the question to make it seem like it was directly part of Gurrero's program.

Nope, wrong. He asked Brady if he thought it was fair people were making that connection.

Please stop making me defend Ben Volin.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Tom Brady has made Alex Guerrero a public figure. They are intimately tied at the hip because of Tom Brady.

When another prominent teammate who espouses the value of the TB 12 Method, which is a creation of Alex Guerrero, gets pegged for taking illegal substances, it would be gross negligence for a reporter not to ask Brady about it.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I'm not outraged, it's a stupid comment that just doesn't hold any type of meaning anymore.

That being said, I'm not shocked to hear Trenni jumping on that train.
Oh I know you're not outraged.

Someone called her out for being on K&C and she said that she's left the station.

I'm sure the idiots at WEEI will be screaming for Mazz to be suspended.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I find Trenni to be hypocritical. Has she ever taken D & C plus Kirk to task for their comments about athletes, other media members or people who don't agree with their political views? I don't think she has.

If you're going to call one guy out, you gotta call them all out even if their your colleague.

Mazz should apologize and then move on.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Nope, wrong. He asked Brady if he thought it was fair people were making that connection.

Edelman tested positive back in March. The news broke before the first OTA. He appealed and was notified the suspension was upheld back in June. Now we're at camp a month later, and he's asking about something nobody has been talking about for months. At first there were whispers, but lately it's been crickets because the story is over. Volin bringing it up now and phrasing it the way he did, he was trying to elicit the kind of response he got. Simple as that. You can say it's a fair question, and if it were being asked honestly and in a far more timely manner, it would be. But make no mistake, this question was purely agenda driven.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

Ignorant or naive, I’m not sure which, but I’m figuring intentionally ignorant, especially Ben violin. If Brady had answered that question then it would lead to another and another and another. Ben knows it, hell he probably had his follow up to his follow up to his follow up questions ready to go himself. He’s just pissed Brady didn’t play his game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KrejciMVP

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Whether it's Reimer going after Bradys kid or Mazz calling Brady Tommy Girl it's hard to figure out who is the worst degenerate in the Boston media. There needs to be a poll

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
People being outraged by Mazz' misogyny have every right to be. It was pathetic. But where I draw the line is calling for someone to be fired or suspended over it. The guy said something stupid. Like literally everyone else in the world has done multiple times in their lives. The only difference is that his medium allows more people to hear it than most of us. Despite saying something that dumb, he still deserves to have a job and provide for his family. Since when do we need to call for people we don't agree with to be fired? Instead of that, I'd suggest the offended folks not tune in to make their voices heard. If the ratings drop, maybe things will change. That's at least more productive than being part of the problem.

In terms of Mazz though, he's really not good. He clearly dislikes the audience, the teams, and the people in this area in general. The contempt with which he speaks about all of the above makes me ignore his views most of the time.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Edelman tested positive back in March. The news broke before the first OTA. He appealed and was notified the suspension was upheld back in June. Now we're at camp a month later, and he's asking about something nobody has been talking about for months. At first there were whispers, but lately it's been crickets because the story is over. Volin bringing it up now and phrasing it the way he did, he was trying to elicit the kind of response he got. Simple as that. You can say it's a fair question, and if it were being asked honestly and in a far more timely manner, it would be. But make no mistake, this question was purely agenda driven.
Bingo. We've got bingo here.

Like I said in my initial post, if it was anyone else but Volin asking it, I think there be some validity behind it. But Volin is everything wrong with sports journalism in this age. Hes a clown, and it's so painfully obvious what his intent was.

Again, what does he think Brady is going to say? "Well yes Ben. Actually I think it's fair to assume that Julien's suspension for PEDs could be linked to Alex's training methods."

Or you know "that's ridiculous".

Reactions: KrejciMVP and LSCII

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Am I the only one here who thinks Brady did answer the question (He called the connection to AG "just ridiculous"). I think the whole thing is much ado about nothing. He was asked a question (reasonable question, admittedly asked with a likely agenda), and he answered it (barely) and also said he has no comments. I'm not sure it's worth devoting one iota more energy to.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Uh, how about Brady saying, "No, it's not fair. it's wrong and Alex and julian both have my full support. And that's all I'm going to say about that."

And as for "it happened months ago" so what? It should have already been asked.

Reactions: chizzler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad