OT: Official Sports Media Thread V - Tim Neverett will not return to the Red Sox radio broadcast team

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Mazz for years on that show stating he hated Hockey and didn’t watch one second of it

Plus his awful voice....Felger just trolling with stupid take after stupid take.

Definitely listened less when they were on.

Like now when Tomase or Reimer are on...instant channel change.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
More from Chadd Finn of the Globe

Looks like Dale's commitment to the Bruins was one of many factors in the decision

As it should be. Why give you the drive time slot if you aren't even going to be there for the most important hour of it?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Scott Zolak, Bob Socci move to TV for Patriots preseason games - The Boston Globe

The voices on Patriots preseason television broadcasts this August will sound familiar. The twist is that they will be the the voices usually heard coming from the radio on game day.

Bob Socci and Scott Zolak, the play-by-play voice and color analyst on flagship station 98.5 The Sports Hub’s regular season Patriots broadcasts, will call the team’s preseason games on Channel 4 this season.

They will be joined by former Patriots linebacker Rob Ninkovich as a sideline-based third voice.

Dan Roche and Matt Chatham, who were part of Ch. 4’s broadcast team the last few preseasons, will handle the radio call on The Sports Hub during the preseason. Socci and Zolak will return to their radio roles for the regular season games.

Massachusetts
Boston – WBZ-TV Ch. 4
Springfield – WWLP-TV Ch. 22

New Hampshire
Manchester – WMUR-TV Ch.9

Maine
Portland – WMTW-TV Ch. 8
Bangor – WVII-TV Ch. 7
Presque Isle - WAGM-TV Ch, 8

Rhode Island
Providence – WPRI-TV Ch. 12

Connecticut
Hartford – WTNH-TV Ch. 8

Vermont

Burlington (Montreal) – WCAX-TV Ch. 3

Hawaii
Honolulu – KFVE-TV Ch. 5

Alaska
Anchorage - KYUR Ch. 13
Fairbanks - KATN Ch. 2
Juneau - KJUD Ch. 8

Here are the affiliates of the Patriots Radio Network:

Massachusetts
  • Boston - WBZ 98.5 FM
  • Springfield - WAQY 102.1 FM
  • Pittsfield - WBEC 1420 AM
  • Fitchburg - WPKZ 1280 AM
  • North Adams - WNAW 1230 AM
  • New Bedford - WBSM 1420 AM
  • Greenfield - WPVQ 95.3 FM
  • Fall River - WSAR 1480 AM
  • Worcester - WWFX 100.1 FM
  • Hyannis - WXTK 95.1 FM
  • Milford - WMRC 1490 AM
Maine
  • Portland - WBLM 102.9 FM
  • Augusta - WEBB 98.5 FM
  • Bangor - WEZQ 92.9 FM
  • Presque Isle - WOZI 101.9 FM
Connecticut
  • Hartford - WTIC 1080 AM
  • Putnam - WINY 1350 AM
  • New London - WMOS 102.3 FM
  • Greenwich - WGCH 1490 AM
  • Brookfield - WINE 940 AM
New Hampshire
  • Nashua - WFNQ 106.3 FM
  • North Conway - WPKQ 103.7 FM
  • Hampton - WSAK 102.1 FM
  • Portsmouth/Dover - WSHK 105.3 FM
  • Concord - WNNH 99.1 FM
  • Laconia - WLNH 98.3 FM
  • Laconia - WEMJ 1490 AM
  • Keene - WINQ 98.7 FM
  • Lebanon - WXXK 100.5 FM
Vermont
  • Burlington - WCPV 101.3 FM
  • Rutland - WDVT 94.5 FM
  • Newport - WIKE 1490 AM
  • Brattleboro - WKVT 92.7 FM
  • Barre/Montpelier - WRFK 107.1 FM
  • St. Johnsbury - 1340 AM
Rhode Island
  • Providence - WPRO 630 AM
  • Providence - WEAN - 99.7 FM
New York
  • Albany - WINU 104.9 FM
  • Glens Falls - WENU 1410 AM

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

On Monday’s edition of his radio show, New York Yankees broadcaster Michael Kay tore into Tronc for Monday’s layoffs at the New York Daily News.
Kay, who worked at the paper from 1989-92 (and briefly again in 1993), called the layoffs “inconceivable” while also praising the Daily News as a “New York City institution”. Kay also lambasted Tronc for laying off John Harper, Frank Isola, and Mike Mazzeo, who is currently in Tampa covering the Yankees-Rays series.

He also called Tronc’s plan to cover the Yankees with wire services as “small-town America,” “not New York City,” and an “absolute disgrace”.

Reactions: Alicat and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Cant' really disagree with that take. A major city like NY using a wire service is podunk BS. Kind of makes me laugh how snooty the print writers were towards bloggers back in the 90's when the internet was really getting going. Despite your contempt, they ate your lunch.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Does Alex Reimer have photos of someone in WEEI management? I have no idea why he's back on the air, especially after the Curtis incident and comments about Brady's daughter. He's a no talent try-hard and the sound of his voice is painful.

Yeah hes awful. I'm shocked they kept him around after the Brady thing, especially since Brady canceled his call ins for the rest of the season with them too.

Any word if he's doing them again this season?

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
As it's been mentioned, Spittin' Chicklets might not be for everyone, but their latest episode had a long interview with Milan Lucic and it's very entertaining. They cover a lot of things (including his tenure at #62, which is a topic of debate a few threads away), but what I found most interesting is that Lucic says he thinks about 2013 more than 2011. Pretty interesting stuff.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Scott Zolak, Bob Socci move to TV for Patriots preseason games - The Boston Globe

The voices on Patriots preseason television broadcasts this August will sound familiar. The twist is that they will be the the voices usually heard coming from the radio on game day.

Bob Socci and Scott Zolak, the play-by-play voice and color analyst on flagship station 98.5 The Sports Hub’s regular season Patriots broadcasts, will call the team’s preseason games on Channel 4 this season.

They will be joined by former Patriots linebacker Rob Ninkovich as a sideline-based third voice.

Dan Roche and Matt Chatham, who were part of Ch. 4’s broadcast team the last few preseasons, will handle the radio call on The Sports Hub during the preseason. Socci and Zolak will return to their radio roles for the regular season games.

Massachusetts
Boston – WBZ-TV Ch. 4
Springfield – WWLP-TV Ch. 22

New Hampshire
Manchester – WMUR-TV Ch.9

Maine
Portland – WMTW-TV Ch. 8
Bangor – WVII-TV Ch. 7
Presque Isle - WAGM-TV Ch, 8

Rhode Island
Providence – WPRI-TV Ch. 12

Connecticut
Hartford – WTNH-TV Ch. 8

Vermont

Burlington (Montreal) – WCAX-TV Ch. 3

Hawaii
Honolulu – KFVE-TV Ch. 5

Alaska
Anchorage - KYUR Ch. 13
Fairbanks - KATN Ch. 2
Juneau - KJUD Ch. 8

Here are the affiliates of the Patriots Radio Network:

Massachusetts
  • Boston - WBZ 98.5 FM
  • Springfield - WAQY 102.1 FM
  • Pittsfield - WBEC 1420 AM
  • Fitchburg - WPKZ 1280 AM
  • North Adams - WNAW 1230 AM
  • New Bedford - WBSM 1420 AM
  • Greenfield - WPVQ 95.3 FM
  • Fall River - WSAR 1480 AM
  • Worcester - WWFX 100.1 FM
  • Hyannis - WXTK 95.1 FM
  • Milford - WMRC 1490 AM
Maine
  • Portland - WBLM 102.9 FM
  • Augusta - WEBB 98.5 FM
  • Bangor - WEZQ 92.9 FM
  • Presque Isle - WOZI 101.9 FM
Connecticut
  • Hartford - WTIC 1080 AM
  • Putnam - WINY 1350 AM
  • New London - WMOS 102.3 FM
  • Greenwich - WGCH 1490 AM
  • Brookfield - WINE 940 AM
New Hampshire
  • Nashua - WFNQ 106.3 FM
  • North Conway - WPKQ 103.7 FM
  • Hampton - WSAK 102.1 FM
  • Portsmouth/Dover - WSHK 105.3 FM
  • Concord - WNNH 99.1 FM
  • Laconia - WLNH 98.3 FM
  • Laconia - WEMJ 1490 AM
  • Keene - WINQ 98.7 FM
  • Lebanon - WXXK 100.5 FM
Vermont
  • Burlington - WCPV 101.3 FM
  • Rutland - WDVT 94.5 FM
  • Newport - WIKE 1490 AM
  • Brattleboro - WKVT 92.7 FM
  • Barre/Montpelier - WRFK 107.1 FM
  • St. Johnsbury - 1340 AM
Rhode Island
  • Providence - WPRO 630 AM
  • Providence - WEAN - 99.7 FM
New York
  • Albany - WINU 104.9 FM
  • Glens Falls - WENU 1410 AM

Woot WINY 1350 my local AM station :hockey:

Reactions: Fenway

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Predict when the pats start off well and Jimmy G comes back to earth with his play all the nonsense goes away and football becomes the focus. Nobody handles media adversity better than TB on the football field

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Ben Volin's question was fair and legitimate. The better issue is why it wasn't asked sooner.
I'm on the fence with this honestly.

I get what Volin was going for, but the more I've thought about it, why should Brady have to answer questions about another player's suspension? Doesn't matter that they both use the same trainer.

Brady isn't the one telling Edelman what to put into his body, or how to train. He shouldn't have to answer questions about it.

Honestly, if it came from anyone else than Volin, I might put a little more weight into it, but Volin has proven himself as a shit stirrer too many times to take seriously.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I'm on the fence with this honestly.

I get what Volin was going for, but the more I've thought about it, why should Brady have to answer questions about another player's suspension? Doesn't matter that they both use the same trainer.

Brady isn't the one telling Edelman what to put into his body, or how to train. He shouldn't have to answer questions about it.

Honestly, if it came from anyone else than Volin, I might put a little more weight into it, but Volin has proven himself as a **** stirrer too many times to take seriously.

WEEI Globe and 98.5 are the new ESPN to me. Hope the pats treat them as such. I'd love to hear an actual segment on football once in a while

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
WEEI Globe and 98.5 are the new ESPN to me. Hope the pats treat them as such. I'd love to hear an actual segment on football once in a while
You must not listen to Ordway. Geez. He’s right up your alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad