OT: Official Sports Media Thread V - Tim Neverett will not return to the Red Sox radio broadcast team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Why didn’t entercom consider keeping 98.5 when they brought cbs radio they chould of still had some of the radio network of stations if they did along with a better signal

The DOJ said they had to divest one of the Boston sports stations and since Entercom also owned the Providence signal they elected to sell 98.5.

Entercom made a crafty move trading WBZ-FM for WMJX and cash. There is chatter that they will move WEEI to 103.3 and move WODS to 93.7.

93.7 starts having problems south of 128 but Providence covers.

upload_2018-8-12_7-36-9.png

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
The DOJ said they had to divest one of the Boston sports stations and since Entercom also owned the Providence signal they elected to sell 98.5.

Entercom made a crafty move trading WBZ-FM for WMJX and cash. There is chatter that they will move WEEI to 103.3 and move WODS to 93.7.

93.7 starts having problems south of 128 but Providence covers.

View attachment 134251
Dose entercom plan on makeing Weei Am all cbs sports radio after there agreement with 98.5 expires to avoid paying espn

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I cant imagine anyone doing this for a ratings ploy. I didnt hear Minihane today, but Fred on 98.5 has been pretty open with his own struggles with depression and anxiety. His message was positive about it taking time and effort to find right therapist and meds if needed, but keep trying and it will eventually help and can live happier life. I'm hoping Kirk has same outlook.
In the last 48 hours I have heard family and friends question Minehane believing he would do anything for ratings and obsessed with the show.

I think he’s a world class schmuk and nothing he would do would suprise me.

I would have enjoyed hearing him dump on the Red Sos with Larry Lucchino in power but I know he wouldn’t. He knows Sam Kennedy is a nice guy and Kirk goes after these people.

The more I step away from this the more I think he’s an insecure troubled person and ratings did factor in

He is talented and edgy and quick if Barstool is an option I think that would be an option - the problem he could encounter is a lot of his show involves creating drama and taking shots at coworkers who won’t return fire - these guys will

Ultimate bully and Bullies characteristic includes insecurity

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
interview with brady on WEEI today, really hope K&C can just handle it with professionalism instead of the usual gotcha questions and agenda nonsense we've heard over the past year.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
In the last 48 hours I have heard family and friends question Minehane believing he would do anything for ratings and obsessed with the show.

I think he’s a world class schmuk and nothing he would do would suprise me.

I would have enjoyed hearing him dump on the Red Sos with Larry Lucchino in power but I know he wouldn’t. He knows Sam Kennedy is a nice guy and Kirk goes after these people.

The more I step away from this the more I think he’s an insecure troubled person and ratings did factor in

He is talented and edgy and quick if Barstool is an option I think that would be an option - the problem he could encounter is a lot of his show involves creating drama and taking shots at coworkers who won’t return fire - these guys will

Ultimate bully and Bullies characteristic includes insecurity
If Minehan did that in order to get ratings then he’s straight up trash.

That is the kind of shit that keeps people from not only speaking up and getting help but also keeping the stigma around mental health alive and well.

I really hope this wasn’t a ratings stunt and if it was, shame on everyone involved.

Reactions: BMC

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Brady not coming on today, can't say I'm shocked, must think of WEEI like ESPN now, wow they really blew it with the GOAT

NM he is coming on, hope this goes well, please just keep it professional

Reactions: Alicat

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
interview with brady on WEEI today, really hope K&C can just handle it with professionalism instead of the usual gotcha questions and agenda nonsense we've heard over the past year.
To what "gotcha" questions are you referring to? When they interview Brady it is pretty straight forward to me when Callahan isn't kissing his ass.

Reactions: hoss75

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

That is the kind of **** that keeps people from not only speaking up and getting help but also keeping the stigma around mental health alive and well.

I really hope this wasn’t a ratings stunt and if it was, shame on everyone involved.
He’s a piece of GARBAGE

He lost me when he had Ty Anderson on and tried to lose him like a prop caring 2 shits about his career and him.

The losers that tell Kirk he’s brave crack me up - sheep

‘Oh Kirk, your so brave’

He’s a fraud - there is nothing this guy wouldn’t do for ratings

Um he shit all over Trenni and made fun of Curtis alcoholism

Minehane I hate more by the day

Reactions: KrejciMVP

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
How about just answer the question which was genuine and an actual criticism of them. I don't hear gotcha questions. Callahan is the biggest Brady cheerleader out there.

If you don't see the toxic relationship with Brady and the media the past year I can't help you. You seem to be one of those guys that says when it is sunny outside that you need more proof of it being sunny

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
If you don't see the toxic relationship with Brady and the media the past year I can't help you. You seem to be one of those guys that says when it is sunny outside that you need more proof of it being sunny
The rest of the media I will agree with you, ESPN is at the top of the list. But again, how is that include the morning show interview?

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
You state that you turned it off 2 years ago and you post this now today with this strong emotional post.

I suggest you just forget about him and enjoy life.
Haven't listened to one show that I can recall,and I miss it,but he ruined it for me,so I'm bitter. I'm also connected to Callahan on Twitter and am subjected to Minihane trash a lot. I'll tune in again after Minihane kills himself for ratings.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

That is the kind of **** that keeps people from not only speaking up and getting help but also keeping the stigma around mental health alive and well.

Quoted for truth.

And yeah his bosses need a swift boot up the ass if it turns out this was a ratings ploy & they went along with it. I'm serious people need to be fired if this is what happened.

Reactions: Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad