OT: Official Sports Media Thread V - Tim Neverett will not return to the Red Sox radio broadcast team

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Dickerson is as big a Hockey hater as they come so he’s garbage to me

Minehane’s fake leave of absence the afternoon after he ripped Brady about his recently released Tom vs Time. It was over the top and kind of stunning and apparently Kirk that afternoon decided he would take a leave of absence. I thought that was the end of Brady on WEEI but Kirk instead left for awhile.

Beady seems much more and open without the narcissist Minehane present who uses Brady as a platform to get himself into some sound bite

I laughed that night when Mut said he talked to Kirk this afternoon and he seemed fine

Knowing what I know about mental health illness in general, I really think there's a better than 50% chance Kirk offs himself in the next few years.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Knowing what I know about mental health illness in general, I really think there's a better than 50% chance Kirk offs himself in the next few years.

I can't see that happening. I'm with DKH in that I fully believe this is all an act.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I can't see that happening. I'm with DKH in that I fully believe this is all an act.

Here's the thing....if he's truly who/what he portrays himself to be on the air...he clearly has issues.

If he's not and pretending to be what he portrays himself to be on the air...he might have bigger issues.

I mean...it takes a sick person to seriously contemplate suicide.

It also takes a sick (different kind, maybe) person to pretend to be suicidal for personal gain.

Either way..he's troubled and given that suicide is something he's either talking openly about ---- or joking openly about...it should be concerning to those that know him, because it's a sign.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Yikes. Even with the help that he is getting?

It's the hardest thing to predict. Some people who are suicidal talk about it, ask for help, etc. Some seem perfectly happy/content and just do it.

Scariest thing that I deal with working with troubled youth.

You truly never know who is thinking about it and who might do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyMomx2

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I am pretty sure Kirk learned that it is not good for your career to make stuff up to try to further it when he exposed Kevin Cullen.

Making stuff up for an article that is going to be published is one thing. Making up stuff about your own personal life that isn't easily disproved in any way, shape or form without a medical professional violating HIPPA rules is another thing.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Making stuff up for an article that is going to be published is one thing. Making up stuff about your own personal life that isn't easily disproved in any way, shape or form without a medical professional violating HIPPA rules is another thing.
Cullen made things up about his personal life as well. Either way I feel we will just go down the road arguing semantics on this one.

Reactions: LSCII

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Dickerson is as big a Hockey hater as they come so he’s garbage to me

Minehane’s fake leave of absence the afternoon after he ripped Brady about his recently released Tom vs Time. It was over the top and kind of stunning and apparently Kirk that afternoon decided he would take a leave of absence. I thought that was the end of Brady on WEEI but Kirk instead left for awhile.

Beady seems much more and open without the narcissist Minehane present who uses Brady as a platform to get himself into some sound bite

I laughed that night when Mut said he talked to Kirk this afternoon and he seemed fine

he makes the show very uncomfortable to listen to, really hope they rethink brining him back. More sports talk and less Kirk drama is what WEEI needs

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
The show is better now, easily with Kirk gone. I know many around Boston didn’t like Dino, but when he was around, the show had great interviews and guests. Now it’s just a reality show. No substance to their show.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The show is better now, easily with Kirk gone. I know many around Boston didn’t like Dino, but when he was around, the show had great interviews and guests. Now it’s just a reality show. No substance to their show.

I’ll admit that I only like Kirk in small doses and it flows better without him.

What I don’t get is the infatuation with Reimer and Tomase.

They are both absolutely vapid and add nothing to the show.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I’ll admit that I only like Kirk in small doses and it flows better without him.

Yah, I don’t get it either.

Reactions: sarge88

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
I read that yesterday. I think that applies to all journalists.

The main reason I followed this thread for years is that informed people sift through all the junk and point us to the rare pieces of good stuff that have to do with the Bruins.
Just following the Bruins and this board over the years: how many inside scoops have turned out to be wrong or inflammatory articles based on an 'inside source' have gone nowhere?
That's not to say there hasn't been some great reporting for the Bruins, just seems like the journalists that do the hard work have a harder time being front and center.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
The main reason I followed this thread for years is that informed people sift through all the junk and point us to the rare pieces of good stuff that have to do with the Bruins.
Just following the Bruins and this board over the years: how many inside scoops have turned out to be wrong or inflammatory articles based on an 'inside source' have gone nowhere?
That's not to say there hasn't been some great reporting for the Bruins, just seems like the journalists that do the hard work have a harder time being front and center.

The late great Steve Harris and also Steve Conroy from the Herald are great examples of good solid reporters. They both really did and do such a great job of covering the B's without having to inject any agenda or slant things. Maybe it's me, but that's how I want any type of news reported to me, I can figure out what's going on myself if I need to read between the lines. I don't like slanted reporting in any type of journalism especially sports (and of course politics but sports is the candy store so keep your crappy agenda out). Dan Shaughnessy is a prime example of everything I despise about "columnists" who exist only have a never ending ax to grind and won't stray from it

Reactions: BMC and sarge88

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
What a piece of fluff Kevin DuPont threw at us in Sunday's Hockey roundup. The column, which covers a whole page, normally discusses happenings around the league with up-to-date quotes and information.

Instead, DuPont spent half the content on such drivel as Eric Gryba' s hunting, fishing and his new TV cooking gig in Canada, and Tom Barrasso' new job coaching a team in Sheffield, England. It looks like he mailed in the fluff from a vacation retreat.

Oh, yeah, to be fair, he did discuss Tuukka's new chest protector.

Boy, do I miss Fluto.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA

Speaking of Reimer, my goodness is he awful. He has been losing his mind much more than usual the last few times he has been on.

Reactions: sarge88

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I'm with you, when Kirk returns I'm out.

Reactions: KrejciMVP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad