OT: Official Sports Media Thread V - Tim Neverett will not return to the Red Sox radio broadcast team

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Kirk Minihane gives an update on his status: ‘I’m still working through some stuff’ - The Boston Globe

Minihane acknowledged he is still working through some of the reasons for his struggles, including his conflicts with station management about the direction of the show.

“I just need things . . . I’ve allowed a lot of this stuff with management to build in my head and I have to get to the point where I realize they’re never going to change,” he said.

“I have to get to the point where I realize they’re going to do this, they’re going to do what they have to do. That’s their job. My job is to go in, do the best show I can, and just say [expletive] and leave, and not allow all of their [expletive] to bother me.

“And I’ll be OK, and I want to do that. I want the show to be fun again, like it was a year ago. And I think I’m going to get there. I’m working through that.”
This guy is a narcissist.

Complete fraud.

Makes the Brady interview about him and openly rooted for Chris Sale injury and shit all over the Sox and Sam Kennedy.

He cares about one person.

Fire him.

Reactions: KrejciMVP and LSCII

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sounds like he's asking to be fired. Careful what you wish for.
I asked an employee known to all about him and he said ‘asshole’ and painted the picture of a walking/talking back-stabbing time bomb.

Babajingo

Stayed home today. Turn on 98.5, I figure that since they carry the Bs, they would be talking about them. Go figure, Zolak and Blowhard are dissecting who will be drafting QBs in next years NFL draft.
I realize it's the norm, but I just thought today would be different.
As much as people rag on Felger, at least he talks about them.
I really don't give a crap about how the Indy offensive line has a hard time protecting Luck.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Stayed home today. Turn on 98.5, I figure that since they carry the Bs, they would be talking about them. Go figure, Zolak and Blowhard are dissecting who will be drafting QBs in next years NFL draft.
I really don't give a crap about how the Indy offensive line has a hard time protecting Luck.

I get what you're saying in general, but I think you went in with the wrong expectations. The Pats are playing tomorrow, Zo is the freaking announcer for the team, and Bertrand does the pre and post game show.

The equivalent would be if they had Billy Jaffe on and you expected him to talk about the Sox Yankees potential playoff match up.

Babajingo

I get what you're saying in general, but I think you went in with the wrong expectations. The Pats are playing tomorrow, Zo is the freaking announcer for the team, and Bertrand does the pre and post game show.

The equivalent would be if they had Billy Jaffe on and you expected him to talk about the Sox Yankees potential playoff match up.

All good points. Heck, 98.5 carries the Pats too. I understand.
Just venting. Thank god for podcasts.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It begs the question, "How is it even possible?"

That show is so bad.

If it's like their usual nonsense, you add the out of market numbers and the simulcast numbers to the Boston numbers, to get this. Ironically enough, Nielsen does not agree with them usually since those numbers are accounted for elsewhere. Like the market they're for, and the TV ratings for that channel.

But to your point, yes that show is bad. It also says a lot that they'd have a spike in ratings, despite the prima donna Kirk being off air.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
If it's like their usual nonsense, you add the out of market numbers and the simulcast numbers to the Boston numbers, to get this. Ironically enough, Nielsen does not agree with them usually since those numbers are accounted for elsewhere. Like the market they're for, and the TV ratings for that channel.

But to your point, yes that show is bad. It also says a lot that they'd have a spike in ratings, despite the prima donna Kirk being off air.
I guess there aint much in the way of competition either!

Reactions: BMC and LSCII

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Jaffe was in studio this morning talking pucks

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-10-3_22-0-33.png

upload_2018-10-3_22-1-26.png

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Tomase on WEEI this morning. *Click*

I enjoy when Mut and Dickerson are on, but Tomase and Reimer are just awful. Not a big fan of Drellich, either.
Drelich used to be good, but much like DJ Bean of late, they've embraced the over the top hot takes personas. It's really a shame that this is what sports radio and journalism has become.

Reactions: DKH

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Single funniest comment I’ve heard on sports radio: Scott Zolak saying he doesn’t like Brock Holt because he’s ‘a hardo’.

Talk about not knowing who you are.

I’ll give Zolak this he’s phenomenal on color and is one of best football analysts I’ve heard but he is captain of the all hardo team.

And Beedle a knock off Felger & Mazz ass hat agreeing

I have often wondered if Zo has taken to many shots to the head. I have found that Beedle is a terrible host when it comes to keeping things moving. The number of silent pauses they have is terrible. I flipped over the other day and heard nothing for about a 5 count before someone started talking.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Tomase on WEEI this morning. *Click*

I enjoy when Mut and Dickerson are on, but Tomase and Reimer are just awful. Not a big fan of Drellich, either.
Dickerson is as big a Hockey hater as they come so he’s garbage to me

Minehane’s fake leave of absence the afternoon after he ripped Brady about his recently released Tom vs Time. It was over the top and kind of stunning and apparently Kirk that afternoon decided he would take a leave of absence. I thought that was the end of Brady on WEEI but Kirk instead left for awhile.

Beady seems much more and open without the narcissist Minehane present who uses Brady as a platform to get himself into some sound bite

I laughed that night when Mut said he talked to Kirk this afternoon and he seemed fine

Reactions: KrejciMVP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad