Official Sports Media Thread (TV, Radio, Print etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
been saying this for decades every time someone chimes in with something like "what a DB! but he is a good writer". No. He's not. He really is not. He's the epitome of a "sportswriter", as opposed to someone like a Bob Ryan, Gordon Edes, or Peter May (and even KPD) who are writers who happen to write about sports.

Shaughnessy CAN be a good writer, but he's the ultimate in lazy and simply chooses not to the vast majority of the time.

And being a good writer does not necessarily mean one is a good journalist. I have never, EVER seen anything from Shaughnessy that makes me believe he is the latter.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Please do not speak of the banned. Thanks. (I don't want to remove all the old posts, just please don't do it anymore)

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
2:37
Comment From Chris
Do you have more info about possible changes at WEEI beyond what was in the Herald?

2:40
Chad Finn: You mean, like, the truth? That story today was a plant, with a contradiction right in the middle. Spent yesterday dealing with various people about that rumor and concluded there was nothing to it. D&C are getting a new deal. There will be changes after the new year, I'm convinced, and there's a lot of buzz about Dale Arnold being offered a daily role again. But the switch-to-ESPN thing isn't happening.

2:46
Comment From M Kantar (Merrimack, NH)
Chad, I have to believe there is still a big shoe to drop at WEEI, could that mean one of D&C being let go, or Salk being let go from the Afternoon drive show?

2:47
Chad Finn: Won't be the morning show. They may not make quite as much money as they did when they were No. 1, but the ratings are strong and far and away the best on the station (excluding the nighttime ratings during Sox season). Salk has lost some advocates along the way.

Hope Dale gets another show.

acr*

I'd say it's an indictment on you as a public figure when people side with Carl Everett over you. That should tell you all you need to know about CHB.

Si Hopkins

Dec 8, 2007
Easthampton
magichelicopterpress.com
I sincerely hope Salk is moving on. I used to think Mutt was that station's biggest problem, but Salk makes Mutt sound like an innocent child. When Salk goes on and on and talks over Holley and whoever else he's on the air with, I just change stations. And I like Holley, but he needs a different kind of sounding board. Holley's voice desperately trying to talk over his belligerent partner (and failing) does not make for good radio.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Great news Haggerty fans! He is co-hosting the T&R show this morning!

...Hello?...Haggerty fans?...anyone?...

I knew Johnston was going to be on again so I tuned in...then heard Haggs and only kept the dial on because Boomer came on right then. he's always a good interview, and after discussing the patriots, NFL, he gave a pretty good analysis on why the Rangers suck. I was actually surprised at his hockey knowledge.

Changed it once the interview was over, simply cannot stand Haggs.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I sincerely hope Salk is moving on. I used to think Mutt was that station's biggest problem, but Salk makes Mutt sound like an innocent child. When Salk goes on and on and talks over Holley and whoever else he's on the air with, I just change stations. And I like Holley, but he needs a different kind of sounding board. Holley's voice desperately trying to talk over his belligerent partner (and failing) does not make for good radio.

I fully agree with you about Salk. He's easily the worst on air personality on either station today. If you can be more annoying than Gresh, that really says a lot.

schmautzy

Feb 22, 2010
I knew Johnston was going to be on again so I tuned in...then heard Haggs and only kept the dial on because Boomer came on right then. he's always a good interview, and after discussing the patriots, NFL, he gave a pretty good analysis on why the Rangers suck. I was actually surprised at his hockey knowledge.

Changed it once the interview was over, simply cannot stand Haggs.
Boomer's a big Rangers fan. He also plays in adult leagues. I believe he plays many nights a week.

ronwm

Aug 4, 2010
(South of) Boston
Cam Neely: Boston Sports Legend

I didn't see this mentioned in the standard threads, so please forgive me if I missed it.

98.5 will be airing a two-hour special on Cam Neely over the holidays. Their site lists the following air-times:

Full on-air schedule for Cam Neely: Boston Sports Legend:

- Tuesday December 24th at 6pm
- Wednesday December 25th at 9am and 4pm
- Saturday December 28th right after Bruins/Senators
- Tuesday December 31st right after Bruins/Islanders
- Wednesday January 1st at 10am and 6pm

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
What the **** is Gresh doing on my radio this early?

Talk about a kick in the nuts first thing in the morning.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

I'll take Salk any day over blow hard wanna be Felger Gresh.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

I dropped my mascara wand in the sink when I heard him. I thought it was an April fools joke 4 months early. I love Hardy tho so I didn't change the channel.

I wish Hardy or Johnston and Flynn got DA's gig over Adam Jones. Hardy is knowledgeable about all sports and has a fresh and fair take on things. He doesn't go on holier than thou rants and is agenda free. He and Troup are easy listening on the weekends.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
I dropped my mascara wand in the sink when I heard him. I thought it was an April fools joke 4 months early. I love Hardy tho so I didn't change the channel.

I wish Hardy or Johnston and Flynn got DA's gig over Adam Jones. Hardy is knowledgeable about all sports and has a fresh and fair take on things. He doesn't go on holier than thou rants and is agenda free. He and Troup are easy listening on the weekends.

Yeah, it wouldn't kill Jones to have a fresh take every now and then, because let's be honest, he's pretty much been takeless ever since he got the gig.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

I had the same reaction. I flipped on TSH and heard that annoying, grating, whinny voice, and flipped right back over to Christmas music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad