Official Sports Media Thread (TV, Radio, Print etc.) - V‎II‎I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
I haven't been listening but from the recent posts over the past week or so it seems when they do talk Bruins that's all they do is ***** about Chiarelli. Is that accurate?

Yup. If not Chiarelli, the organization as a general statement. Its funny though. When they started the year 1-3, they criticized everything. They win 3 of 4, and they complain about the same freaking thing. Its as if they don't watch any of the games, or pay attention at all. They have an agenda, and they stick to it for hockey, which is so frustrating. For the Patriots or the Sox, they break down each and every game ad nauseum, but for the Bruins, it takes 35-40 to change any talk they have. At least with D&H the talk actually changes by the day/week.

A prototypical convo for F&M on hockey:

F: "It's the giving Chris Kelly's the contracts that infuriates me."

M: "Yup, I agree Mike. No reason to trade Boychuk at ALL. Stoopid. S T O. O P I D."

Caller: "Hey guys, wanted to hear your thoughts on the win last night over the hot starting Sharks. I think Campbell had a big goal and how about Kelly having a good start with 6 points already."

Caller 2: "Yeah...uh...I think da Broons shud trade Zadeeno Chairuh and Daveed Kraychee cuz they make too much money. Your thoughts?"

F: "Ok, lets not go overboard. But seriously, Kelly should be gone. What was the first caller talking about?"

M: "I have no idea, Mike. But they shoulda kept Boychuk."

It's like a broken freaking record. Over. And Over. And Over.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Yup. If not Chiarelli, the organization as a general statement. Its funny though. When they started the year 1-3, they criticized everything. They win 3 of 4, and they complain about the same freaking thing. Its as if they don't watch any of the games, or pay attention at all. They have an agenda, and they stick to it for hockey, which is so frustrating. For the Patriots or the Sox, they break down each and every game ad nauseum, but for the Bruins, it takes 35-40 to change any talk they have. At least with D&H the talk actually changes by the day/week.

A prototypical convo for F&M on hockey:

F: "It's the giving Chris Kelly's the contracts that infuriates me."

M: "Yup, I agree Mike. No reason to trade Boychuk at ALL. Stoopid. S T O. O P I D."

Caller: "Hey guys, wanted to hear your thoughts on the win last night over the hot starting Sharks. I think Campbell had a big goal and how about Kelly having a good start with 6 points already."

Caller 2: "Yeah...uh...I think da Broons shud trade Zadeeno Chairuh and Daveed Kraychee cuz they make too much money. Your thoughts?"

F: "Ok, lets not go overboard. But seriously, Kelly should be gone. What was the first caller talking about?"

M: "I have no idea, Mike. But they shoulda kept Boychuk."

It's like a broken freaking record. Over. And Over. And Over.

Felger has made it his mission to trash Chris Kelly no matter what and it friggin sucks and makes him look even more moronic than normal.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
To be fair, they certainly make some valid points about his poor drafting and falling in love with his own players and overpaying them. You don't hear criticism from many other people aside from Holley and occasionally Dale. I enjoyed Holley taking Chiarelli to task last week, and I nearly crashed my car when Dale said that Chiarelli was good at drafting after Holley brought up his poor drafts.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
To be fair, they certainly make some valid points about his poor drafting and falling in love with his own players and overpaying them. You don't hear criticism from many other people aside from Holley and occasionally Dale. I enjoyed Holley taking Chiarelli to task last week, and I nearly coached my car when Dale said that Chiarelli was good at drafting after Holley lit into his poor drafting.

Absolutely. You're not wrong. But god forbid I actually want to hear their opinions or what happened in the game the other night. If I wanted constant negativity and Chiarelli bashing, I'd read MikeFromAttleboro's tweets and Lonnie's posts. :laugh:

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I wish they'd keep Cam a bit more honest. Don't get me wrong, Chia's on my ****list until further notice, but the idea of Cam being a secondary/complimentary voice in these deliberations is a bit disingenuous. If they're going to dump all over Chia every time the B's are brought up, then they should be consistent and hold Cam to a similar standard. I know he's a legend (and quite imposing) so it's not easy.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
I wish they'd keep Cam a bit more honest. Don't get me wrong, Chia's on my ****list until further notice, but the idea of Cam being a secondary/complimentary voice in these deliberations sis a bit disingenuous. If they're going to dump all over Chia every time the B's are brought up, then they should be consistent and hold Cam to a similar standard. I know he's a legend (and quite imposing) so it's not easy.

Totally agree. I was pretty disappointed in their interview last week when they went easy on him. Hopefully they ask him about his role in the trade and take him to task for his comment last week about how they "needed to trade JB to get under the cap."

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I wish they'd keep Cam a bit more honest. Don't get me wrong, Chia's on my ****list until further notice, but the idea of Cam being a secondary/complimentary voice in these deliberations is a bit disingenuous. If they're going to dump all over Chia every time the B's are brought up, then they should be consistent and hold Cam to a similar standard. I know he's a legend (and quite imposing) so it's not easy.

Fully agree with this. It's funny because the more I've heard Cam talk this year, the more I've come to the belief that he's talking out of both sides of his mouth. Hard to see that happen to, as he was my favorite player for a long time.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
It's like with the Patriots. If people are going to blame Belichick the GM, they need to realize that Kraft isn't above any criticism. People like Mike from Attleboro, as right as they are about Chiarelli, need to recognize that Neely deserves some criticism, too.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Fully agree with this. It's funny because the more I've heard Cam talk this year, the more I've come to the belief that he's talking out of both sides of his mouth. Hard to see that happen to, as he was my favorite player for a long time.

I didn't want to bring it up immediately in the Sharks GDT, but his interview with Jack literally made me sick to my stomach. I know I know, the team makes the koolaid and NESN serves it to the masses, but that interview was sickening. It was awkward as **** too. :laugh:

I'm really starting to wonder if he is more of a Trevor Linden type of team president (symbolic position/ liaison to the fans).

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
I didn't want to bring it up immediately in the GDT, but his interview with Jack literally made me sick to my stomach. I know I know, the team makes the koolaid and NESN serves it to the masses, but that interview was sickening. It was awkward as **** too. :laugh:

I'm really starting to wonder if he is more of a Trevor Linden type of team president (liason to the fans).

Is this interview online anywhere?

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
So basically what you are all telling me is that yes, all they do with Bruins talk is crap on Chiarelli and now you want equal crapping on to go to Neely as well.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Is this interview online anywhere?

I don't know if Dafoomie is uploading full games to YT this year, but you'll hear it if you have access to the game tape. I think it was in the second period, but it might've been the 1st.

So basically what you are all telling me is that yes, all they do with Bruins talk is crap on Chiarelli and now you want equal crapping on to go to Neely as well.

:laugh: Yep. Well I just want them to be consistent when they whine about the B's brass. Even as a budding anti-Chiite, I'm getting a bit sick of the constant bashing, especially when they give a Cam a complete pass.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA

"All they do is crap on Chiarelli" is a bit of an overstatement, to say the least. They've spent a lot of time ripping players who have underperformed as well. Lucic, Marchand, Eriksson, Kelly (throwing out that he has hardly any points in his last 100+ games), Bartkowski, etc.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I'm thinking the Neely we see in the public, and the Neely behind the scenes is a much different guy. He rarely seems comfortable in front of the camera, he is a little better on the radio.

Behind the scenes I bet he speaks his mind and is a little more direct.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
It's like with the Patriots. If people are going to blame Belichick the GM, they need to realize that Kraft isn't above any criticism. People like Mike from Attleboro, as right as they are about Chiarelli, need to recognize that Neely deserves some criticism, too.

You heard Neely say on Tuesday night that they went "all in" after a cup last year,knowing Iginla would hit his bonuses and be gone this year? I can't criticize that. JJ and company never went "all in" for 30 + years and we hated it.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
You heard Neely say on Tuesday night that they went "all in" after a cup last year,knowing Iginla would hit his bonuses and be gone this year? I can't criticize that. JJ and company never went "all in" for 30 + years and we hated it.

I didn't criticize him for "going all in." I was referring more to personnel decisions/talent evaluation problems.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Someone called Felgy out for going soft on Neely (an HFer mayber?). Felgy was reasonable and acknowledged Cam as part of the decision-making nucleus. That's good enough for me (as long as he asks 2 or 3 tough questions per interview).

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
To be fair, they certainly make some valid points about his poor drafting and falling in love with his own players and overpaying them. You don't hear criticism from many other people aside from Holley and occasionally Dale. I enjoyed Holley taking Chiarelli to task last week, and I nearly crashed my car when Dale said that Chiarelli was good at drafting after Holley brought up his poor drafts.

That's because Dale is little more than a shill since he's paid by the team. Hard to take anything Bruins related seriously when he says it.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I didn't want to bring it up immediately in the Sharks GDT, but his interview with Jack literally made me sick to my stomach. I know I know, the team makes the koolaid and NESN serves it to the masses, but that interview was sickening. It was awkward as **** too. :laugh:

I'm really starting to wonder if he is more of a Trevor Linden type of team president (symbolic position/ liaison to the fans).

Funny that you mention the NESN in game interview during the Sharks game, because that along with his recent appearances on TSH are what drew me to my conclusion. Specifically the Sharks interview. That was so bad it was embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad