OT: Official Sports Media Thread IX: Boston Marathon TV coverage will move to Channel 5/ESPN as of next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Shelf Wrister

Jan 16, 2017

Cheese and rice! Even if they “settled” at 50% increase that’s big dollars! I mean at some point the nfl bubble has to pop no? MNF broadcasting rights will probably fall in the 2.5ish billion dollar range, that’s insane, but then again I don’t buy shit that I saw on a commercial break from the game. Me being the dummy I am just can’t fathom the amount of advertising dollars spent each year across all platforms

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Being in a different time zone and all games EST this season, I watch the B's on DVR. As such, I not only skip the commercials, I fast forward the commentary between periods.

Tonight's game from Lake Tahoe was the first I watched in real time.

I disliked the comedian/whoever doing the points of local interest, obviously filling the spot of Jeremy Roenick. Since Roenick is a former player, one of whom I watched for years in the NHL and Olympics, I had a connection to him.

It was a tad humorous watching a former NHL star doing cartoonish, every-man things, somewhat similar to watching Battle of the Blades and seeing former NHL enforcers figure skating.

But I have no connection to this guy and find these 'human interest' spots pointless.

I'm an older viewer and obviously not the target demographic. I miss the edge the between periods shows used to have.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Hot takes today.

One the one hand, Mazz now says he’d trade Carlo over Pastrnak in a deal for Crosby.

However, he called Pastrnak a “pond hockey player”.

Good stuff lol.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Hot takes today.

One the one hand, Mazz now says he’d trade Carlo over Pastrnak in a deal for Crosby.

Good stuff lol.

If this is the prime time hockey talk you're gonna get, then I'd prefer the B's ride things out in anonymity until the playoffs at least. Then watch these guys scramble to identify anyone in the bottom nine forwards/bottom 4 D

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Hot takes today.

Good stuff lol.

Mazz sucks, always has, always will.

Ditto for Felger.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I stopped listening to sports radio with the exception of Toucher and Rich but even then, I rarely listen live and will check out the podcast to see if they talked about anything of interest.

The Bruins could be in the Cup Finals and 98.5 will talk about Tom Brady non stop.

For the flagship station of the Bruins it would be nice if they actually discussed it and brought in people who know the Bruins/hockey better than them.

I do listen to the Hockey Show on Saturday and have noticed that the weekend shows are more likely to talk hockey for more than a segment or two.

Face it, the Bruins are boring as hell. The Celtics keep choking in the 4th quarter and they will bash the Pats every chance they get with the draft coming up. The Sox are a tiny bit interesting now that Cora is back. You'll hear the "did the Sox cheat in 2018" crap along with relevant talk about E-Rod, Sale and whether Bogey opts in or out. Just wait until Devers has his first error and they will cry about that all day.

I will say, I will listen to Mazz when he talks baseball and that is it. He may not be on the beat but the guy is a wealth of knowledge.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Milwaukee!
oh, yea, the way Felger disses the NBA and why NBC Sports Boston puts up with that between Inside Edition, et all, it's a wonder why they waste simulcasting the afternoon drive.... T& R AND Zo & Beetle are way more enjoyable.... especially if it was Arena and the Revolution segments w/ Hardy

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Mazz sucks, always has, always will.

Ditto for Felger.

He knows nothing about hockey, but even Mazz isn't dumb enough to say that about Pasta without it being shtick. They are so obvious about it, it seems they don't even try to hide it anymore. Yet the moron listeners still fall for it. I've not listened to those two shtickmeisters since Felger's "I think it's time to consider trading Bergeron." stupidity.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
He wouldn't have the balls to say something like that about a Celtic or Pats player. F*** ****

Yeah, he would. This is what he does. It's all an act anyways. If he says something cray enough, it incites the callers to dial in and scream at him for saying it. He's done this for years and ridden the results to ratings gold. He spent the last 2 seasons of Brady's time with the Pats ripping Tom every chance he got. They spent all last season ripping Newton and Belichick for not benching him. He's been critical of Brad for years, as well as players like Tatum, Brown, and Kyrie every chance he's gotten.

Reactions: shoulders7

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Yeah, he would. This is what he does. It's all an act anyways. If he says something cray enough, it incites the callers to dial in and scream at him for saying it. He's done this for years and ridden the results to ratings gold. He spent the last 2 seasons of Brady's time with the Pats ripping Tom every chance he got. They spent all last season ripping Newton and Belichick for not benching him. He's been critical of Brad for years, as well as players like Tatum, Brown, and Kyrie every chance he's gotten.
NO, HE'S DISSED the Celtics organization outright....

Reactions: LSCII

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

As much as I agree he takes his shots with a lot of athletes, He usually will do it when they are down and maybe even deserve some sort of criticism but to pick on Pasta after that performance? Kid is the biggest sports personality in Boston right now.

Deal with it, junk radio

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
As much as I agree he takes his shots with a lot of athletes, He usually will do it when they are down and maybe even deserve some sort of criticism but to pick on Pasta after that performance? Kid is the biggest sports personality in Boston right now.

Deal with it, junk radio

He's been down on Pasta since he slipped and broke his wrist after a team dinner before the playoffs when they lost to St. Louis. He's been riding him every chance he's gotten since then. Lots of the same. Too weak on the puck, too easily taken out of his game by physical contact. Only scores on the PP. Only scores when they're up by 3 goals. Etc. It's been 2 years now. This is nothing new. Which is why when the Crosby rumors were out there a week ago, he was suggesting trading Pasta straight up for him.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad