OT: Official Sports Media Thread IX: Boston Marathon TV coverage will move to Channel 5/ESPN as of next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
That's some serious asshat on asshat crime there. Neither one of them deserve any type of platform to spew their idiocy at people.
They both get to try. Just let the market determine if they get to stay or not.

WEEI can flush money down they toilet for years to come to keep Gresh on the air and let him spew stupid shit. I will just continue to not listen.

Reactions: BMC and LSCII

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
They both get to try. Just let the market determine if they get to stay or not.

WEEI can flush money down they toilet for years to come to keep Gresh on the air and let him spew stupid shit. I will just continue to not listen.
One would think the money is going to run out at some point if they keep getting pummeled in the ratings.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
It took me a bit to put two and two together that the Hardy from 98.5 is the same Hardy from SiriusXM Radio haha.
I love Hardy. His golf knowledge is top notch. My dad actually played 9 holes with him once and raved about what a nice guy he was and that he's a decent player.

Zo is Zo and if he sticks to football or talks about what being a pro athlete in Boston is like, he's solid.

I don't care for Beetle at all. He tries way too hard to be something he's not.

I really wish Ryan Johnston would have gotten DA's show because I think he's great not just with hockey but overall.

A lot of guys are great when they talk about a specific sport but once they go outside of that it gets ugly.

Only a few more weeks and the hockey show will be back on Saturday mornings.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I love Hardy. His golf knowledge is top notch. My dad actually played 9 holes with him once and raved about what a nice guy he was and that he's a decent player.

Zo is Zo and if he sticks to football or talks about what being a pro athlete in Boston is like, he's solid.

I really wish Ryan Johnston would have gotten DA's show because I think he's great not just with hockey but overall.

A lot of guys are great when they talk about a specific sport but once they go outside of that it gets ugly.

Hardy is my favorite on the midday show.

Oh and Ted Johnson is decent when they have him on. It was comical a couple months ago when they were doing a Bruins/hockey segment when he was trying to talk hockey. It was cringy but funny in the same respects.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Hardy is my favorite on the midday show.

Oh and Ted Johnson is decent when they have him on. It was comical a couple months ago when they were doing a Bruins/hockey segment when he was trying to talk hockey. It was cringy but funny in the same respects.
I've seen Ted at Bruins games so he does watch them unlike some people at that station lol. At least he tries and you can tell he really prepares and has worked to get better.

Give me him and Zo talking football and I am there.

Same with Mazz and baseball.

Ryan Johnston is awesome.

I’d listen to a podcast of Zo just reminiscing about the old days worth Bledsoe, Parcells, and that whole crew.
If they got he, Ted Johnson and Mike Flynn to do one I would 100% listen.

Flynn is a high school coach now. I really enjoyed he and Johnston together

I am also in the minority I am sure but I do like Wallach.

Reactions: smithformeragent

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

I agree. I set my Alexa to wake me up to a radio alarm and play 985, but since I'm on the West Coast when I wake up it's the mid-day show, so I end up hearing a lot of Zo and Beetle. I love Zo, I don't expect him to know the Bruins or Red Sox in any great detail, but he's a great storyteller and an affable guy I like hearing. Plus, he actually has deep knowledge of football, as an ex-QB would, so he can break down Pats matchups during the NFL season well. Beetle, I don't care for and don't understand why he got the host job there. Gresh was kind of a blowhard at times but had more technical football knowledge than Bertrand. If they replaced Beetle with Joe Murray or someone I wouldn't complain. I also like when Ted Johnson is on, he meshes well with Zo.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I agree. I set my Alexa to wake me up to a radio alarm and play 985, but since I'm on the West Coast when I wake up it's the mid-day show, so I end up hearing a lot of Zo and Beetle. I love Zo, I don't expect him to know the Bruins or Red Sox in any great detail, but he's a great storyteller and an affable guy I like hearing. Plus, he actually has deep knowledge of football, as an ex-QB would, so he can break down Pats matchups during the NFL season well. Beetle, I don't care for and don't understand why he got the host job there. Gresh was kind of a blowhard at times but had more technical football knowledge than Bertrand. If they replaced Beetle with Joe Murray or someone I wouldn't complain. I also like when Ted Johnson is on, he meshes well with Zo.
they had to find a new spot for Jim Murray on the F& M afternoon show I suspect since he does what Hardy does update-wise.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I'm interested to see what they do once everything has been settled at the MA Gaming Commission to bring sports betting online.

They have the over/under show on the weekend and Joe Murray and Dan Lifshatz have a weekly segment on T&R and get brought on to other shows if needed.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Listen to a fair amount of 98.5. I never listen to weei anymore. It has been years. ...I can get past the F and M negativity shtick, even though I dislike disingenuousness. One thing about Zo, he has less of a shtick than anyone on the station and will actually tone it down, which I appreciate. That said do not listen too much but F and M and the hockey show.

Reactions: Alicat

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Eckersley retiring is going to be really tough for me......not just because I like him, but also because it could mean more Massarotti ----- who is terrible.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Listen to a fair amount of 98.5. I never listen to weei anymore. It has been years. ...I can get past the F and M negativity shtick, even though I dislike disingenuousness. One thing about Zo, he has less of a shtick than anyone on the station and will actually tone it down, which I appreciate. That said do not listen too much but F and M and the hockey show.

Rich is a genuine dude on the morning show. I like him a lot. Toucher is a major league a-hole though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00