OT: Official Sports Media Thread IX: Boston Marathon TV coverage will move to Channel 5/ESPN as of next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Conor Ryan on Bruins/NHL - Thursday at 11 a.m.​

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Jimmy Murphy is getting touchy about negative comments for his articles on the Boston Hockey Now site. One reader made this comment after another reader said that Murphy's column was just recycled headlines:

I agree never any real news just recycled garbage

Murphy's response was short and straight to the point:

and yet you comment on our content. If you don’t like, then piss off!

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Jimmy Murphy is getting touchy about negative comments for his articles on the Boston Hockey Now site. One reader made this comment after another reader said that Murphy's column was just recycled headlines:

Thin Skins living up to his moniker as usual.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Thin Skins living up to his moniker as usual.

7C949407-A8FA-4F2D-B366-08E3F0CB6E4A.jpeg

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

Now there is marketing 101.

Putz

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
So another reader leaves a negative comment and this is Murphy's response:

Another wasted post you clicked on, read and commented on. Thanks loser!

How can this guy keep his job when he keeps attacking the people that are expected to pay to read his crap ????

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
So another reader leaves a negative comment and this is Murphy's response:

Another wasted post you clicked on, read and commented on. Thanks loser!

How can this guy keep his job when he keeps attacking the people that are expected to pay to read his crap ????
Same people that listen to Felger.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Living here in Vancouver I've always liked the fact that I can get TV38 ( WSBK ) as a superstation as part of my cable TV package. It's nice to be able to get my Bruins, Celtics and Red Sox news as they air the WBZ newscast at 5 pm ( 8 pm Eastern ) Monday to Friday. Last week I was pleased to see that TV38 added the CBS newscast daily at 7 pm ( 10 pm Eastern ) and I figured now I could see some actual game highlights instead of usually just getting verbal updates on the 5 pm WBZ newscast. But after one full week they have not included any sports highlights at all. The only thing they aired was Dan Roche in Cooperstown with daily reports on Ortiz getting inducted into the HOF. Before this I have never heard of any 60 minute newscast ( whether it was from Montreal, Vancouver or Boston ) that did not have a sports segment - they do manage to squeeze in at least 3 or 4 weather updates though.:thumbd:

Babajingo

Living here in Vancouver I've always liked the fact that I can get TV38 ( WSBK ) as a superstation as part of my cable TV package. It's nice to be able to get my Bruins, Celtics and Red Sox news as they air the WBZ newscast at 5 pm ( 8 pm Eastern ) Monday to Friday. Last week I was pleased to see that TV38 added the CBS newscast daily at 7 pm ( 10 pm Eastern ) and I figured now I could see some actual game highlights instead of usually just getting verbal updates on the 5 pm WBZ newscast. But after one full week they have not included any sports highlights at all. The only thing they aired was Dan Roche in Cooperstown with daily reports on Ortiz getting inducted into the HOF. Before this I have never heard of any 60 minute newscast ( whether it was from Montreal, Vancouver or Boston ) that did not have a sports segment - they do manage to squeeze in at least 3 or 4 weather updates though.:thumbd:
Patriots camp opens this week I think. So say bye bye to any other sports for the next few months. If you are not a fan of football, like myself, August and September are the worse sports month around here.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Jimmy "Thin Skins " with another well researched article out there (no link, I refuse to enable his clicks, especially after I got sucked in). "Thin Skins" recalls Looch threatening Alexei Emelin after Game 7 against the Habs in 2014. He threatened Dale Weisel after game 7. Emelin he called a chicken earlier in the series. Journalism at its finest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad