OT: Official Sports Media Thread IX: Boston Marathon TV coverage will move to Channel 5/ESPN as of next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
NESN is airing a Bruins vs Sharks game from 2013. Dougie vs The Great Freddy Hamilton.

I wish NESN would use their other channel to play games non stop.

Reactions: BMC

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

E5EHC-gWYAUc1sP

Chelios and DiPietro interesting. Love Weekes hope he’s involved more.

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Sports-radio fixture Glenn Ordway will retire from full-time post at end of summer - The Boston Globe

Glenn Ordway, who in a near-50-year broadcasting career established himself as one of the most influential voices in the history of Boston sports radio, announced Tuesday that he will be retiring from his full-time role at WEEI at the end of the summer.

“I’m going to chill out a bit and enjoy life,” said Ordway, 70, at the top of Tuesday’s show.

Ordway, who cohosts the afternoon-drive “OMF” program with Lou Merloni and Christian Fauria, said he will split his time between Boston and Scottsdale, Ariz., after leaving the daily role, but plans to still contribute to the station beyond August.

He will stay on as host of “The Real Postgame Show” after Patriots games, and will develop a podcast.

“We’re talking about stuff right now,” said Ordway, who has time remaining on his contract beyond this year, “but I do want to do ‘The Real Postgame Show.’ I’ve done it for a zillion years with those two guys, Fred [Smerlas] and [Steve] DeOssie.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
What happened to Dave O’Brien on Sox telecasts last week? Ill? Still miss Orsillo but Obie’s fill in last week was boring.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
What happened to Dave O’Brien on Sox telecasts last week? Ill? Still miss Orsino but Obie’s fill in last week was boring.

They just gave him a few days off - nothing unusual

He really wants to be able to do road games again but Werner is enjoying the cost savings.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sports-radio fixture Glenn Ordway will retire from full-time post at end of summer - The Boston Globe

Glenn Ordway, who in a near-50-year broadcasting career established himself as one of the most influential voices in the history of Boston sports radio, announced Tuesday that he will be retiring from his full-time role at WEEI at the end of the summer.

“I’m going to chill out a bit and enjoy life,” said Ordway, 70, at the top of Tuesday’s show.

Ordway, who cohosts the afternoon-drive “OMF” program with Lou Merloni and Christian Fauria, said he will split his time between Boston and Scottsdale, Ariz., after leaving the daily role, but plans to still contribute to the station beyond August.

He will stay on as host of “The Real Postgame Show” after Patriots games, and will develop a podcast.

“We’re talking about stuff right now,” said Ordway, who has time remaining on his contract beyond this year, “but I do want to do ‘The Real Postgame Show.’ I’ve done it for a zillion years with those two guys, Fred [Smerlas] and [Steve] DeOssie.
Ordway single biggest reason Sports Hub was able to get a Vegas Golden Knights start

I know a lot of people who left WEEI over the Ordway ridicule of hockey and their sports talk never leaves 98.5

the Big Show took that station down

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Ordway single biggest reason Sports Hub was able to get a Vegas Golden Knights start

I know a lot of people who left WEEI over the Ordway ridicule of hockey and their sports talk never leaves 98.5

the Big Show took that station down
Won’t miss the ring kisser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: