OT: Official Sports Media Thread IX: Boston Marathon TV coverage will move to Channel 5/ESPN as of next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
If he's going to get upset about using the preferred gender pronouns of a musician the station plays (not getting into anything remotely political here) then he shouldn't be on the radio.

Kiss 108 host Matty Siegel abruptly walked off his long-running morning show Tuesday after he says management told him to tone down his commentary surrounding pop star Demi Lovato.

Siegel, who has been with WXKS-FM since 1981 and whose “Matty in the Morning” show has been a station mainstay, left listeners asking questions after he intimated on air that he was done with the program.

Reached by phone by Boston.com, Siegel said that he received a call from his boss telling him to stop talking about Lovato, who announced this morning that they are non-binary and are changing their pronouns.

“I’m against her binary thing; I think she’s a troubled woman and a lot of young people are taking her seriously and it bothers me,” Siegel said.

“But of course, it’s a comedy show, so I did it in the context of jokes.

“We were having fun with it, and my boss called up and said that I’d crossed the line and they didn’t want me talking about it anymore,” he continued. “I responded by saying, ‘If I can’t talk about what I’m thinking at this point in my career, I don’t want to be on the radio anymore.’”

On air, Siegel was similarly defiant, saying that “Matty in the Morning” is the “number one radio show in the history of Boston.”
“I am the biggest of all time, and they said, ‘Shut up, Matt! Stop talking,'” Siegel said. “Well, I hope you’re happy, because I just stopped talking. Matty out.”

Good for Matty not taking shit. I wish more people would have the balls and cash reserves to do this. I would have simply stop playing her garbage music if I was him. Problem solved.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I've given up on sports radio, it is a lost cause. It's all screaming, yelling and bullshit these days.
I gave up after seeing the depths of depravity that Minihane found acceptable. It's gotta be 7 or 8 years,maybe more.

Reactions: BMC

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Any tv ratings from the Bruins opening games in Boston this round? I would imagine they were pretty impressive

Furio

you got a bee on your hat
Nov 20, 2018
Naples
You are now just realizing this? He's a wannabe Felger. Best to ignore him

No, I’ve found him insufferable for a while. I just happened to be working from home today and had the privilege of seeing him on television, emphatically nodding in agreement with every asinine Felger take, with his corny ass flat-brim hat to boot.

He’s such a shallow, insecure little man - desperate for recognition as some “lone voice in the woods” contrarian icon of local sports media. He even fails in that department, which is especially pathetic.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
No, I’ve found him insufferable for a while. I just happened to be working from home today and had the privilege of seeing him on television, emphatically nodding in agreement with every asinine Felger take, with his corny ass flat-brim hat to boot.

He’s such a shallow, insecure little man - desperate for recognition as some “lone voice in the woods” contrarian icon of local sports media. He even fails in that department, which is especially pathetic.
Well said. I am sorry you had to witness that garbage. ;)

Reactions: Furio

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
BHR-L-frontpage-210613-A001.jpg

Reactions: BMC

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
My TSN app was not updating so I deleted it to reinstall it and now I can’t download it. Anyone have the same issue?

Top Shelf Wrister

Jan 16, 2017

Back in my day only “nerds” didn’t curve the brim overnight with a rubber band and solo cup. It’s weird getting old and watching pop culture pass me by. Don’t even get my started on skateboarders wearing skinny jeans…:help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad