Official Scoreboard Watch Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
What are you talking about, it's all Hank's fault. The Rangers aren't leaving him out to dry. Read all the posts above. Jeez.

The MSG announcer himself just said "The Rangers look a lot sharper here in the 3rd than they did in the 1st two periods" and that "the team hasn't made it easy on him"

I know you're also a Rangers fan so..yeah.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
The MSG announcer himself just said "The Rangers look a lot sharper here in the 3rd than they did in the 1st two periods" and that "the team hasn't made it easy on him"

I know you're also a Rangers fan so..yeah.

Me being a Rangers fan has nothing to do with being able recognize a goalie not getting **** all help.

Hank has lookes pretty damn good for what he's been given.

Me being a Panthers fan does have something to do with my ability to see past the coincidence of the teams the Cats need to lose not beimg shorthanded NOT ONCE in two straight games against the league's first place team.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Jack Edwards of all people has been shooting at the Bruins' ref given advantages today!!

JACK EDWARDS!!!!!

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
Agreed. Good goal.

Lmao if that's not a kick then they might as well just take the rule out of the rulebook. And while they're at it let players score with whatever equipment however they want. And we should stop saying soccer players kick the ball rather they direct the ball with their for since that is exactly how they pass and shoot.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Lmao if that's not a kick then they might as well just take the rule out of the rulebook. And while they're at it let players score with whatever equipment however they want. And we should stop saying soccer players kick the ball rather they direct the ball with their for since that is exactly how they pass and shoot.

He simply redirected it by changing the angle of his foot. He didn't kick. Kicking is a type of forward motion to strike an object.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
He simply redirected it by changing the angle of his foot. He didn't kick. Kicking is a type of forward motion to strike the object.

His foot went forward, but whatever. In my opinion if there is going to be a rule against kicking the puck they need to remove the gray area and say that you can't intentionally redirect the puck with your foot. You shouldn't be allowed to intentionally kick the puck into the net, and yes kicking includes" changing the angle of your foot to redirect the puck" otherwise most passes in soccer wouldn't be kicks

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
His foot went forward, but whatever. In my opinion if there is going to be a rule against kicking the puck they need to remove the gray area and say that you can't intentionally redirect the puck with your foot. You shouldn't be allowed to intentionally kick the puck into the net, and yes kicking includes" changing the angle of your foot to redirect the puck" otherwise most passes in soccer wouldn't be kicks

Dude that goal was good under current rules... his momentum was going forward that's the only reason his foot was going forward all he did was angle it it... he did not pick it up and sweep it forward to kick

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
Dude that goal was good under current rules... his momentum was going forward that's the only reason his foot was going forward all he did was angle it it... he did not pick it up and sweep it forward to kick

What are you talking about? Watch the goal again he lifts his skate and pushes it forward. His foot moves forward as he angles it, therefore by almost everyone's definition of the word kick that is in fact a kick. Last year, that isn't a goal. They tried to change the interpretation of the rule now so that more of those would be called goals. If they are going to do that then they might as well just take the rule out as I said above because that was 100% a kick.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
What are you talking about? Watch the goal again he lifts his skate and pushes it forward. His foot moves forward as he angles it, therefore by almost everyone's definition of the word kick that is in fact a kick. Last year, that isn't a goal. They tried to change the interpretation of the rule now so that more of those would be called goals. If they are going to do that then they might as well just take the rule out as I said above because that was 100% a kick.

Well then we r seeing different things I saw no distinct kicking motion just and angled skate as he was driving the net... agree to disagree

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
Well then we r seeing different things I saw no distinct kicking motion just and angled skate as he was driving the net... agree to disagree

Even still in my opinion if you angle your foot to direct the puck intentionally that is defined as a kick by most people. Hell even Lucic was shocked that it counted

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Man, I cant tell what the hell is going on there:

JaggedCookedIsopod.gif

There has to be forward motion happening in order for that puck to go into the net, but I dont really see the kicking motion. It looks like he bunted the puck into the net, but when Lucic is moving forward, his right foot stops to redirect the puck in. I think its a good goal.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
Man, I cant tell what the hell is going on there:

JaggedCookedIsopod.gif

There has to be forward motion happening in order for that puck to go into the net, but I dont really see the kicking motion. It looks like he bunted the puck into the net, but when Lucic is moving forward, his right foot stops to redirect the puck in. I think its a good goal.

He moves his foot into the puck, for me that's a kick

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
He moves his foot into a position to direct the puck. If he had followed through with that motion after contact, it would be a bad goal.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Whatever you want to call it, that kind of goal shouldn't be allowed. This ain't soccer.

I call it a kick. If you do that motion to direct the puck to your stick the term is called "kicking it up to your stick". Pretty easy to call as far as I'm concerned.

-ghoste

Last edited:

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Watch the heel on the play. He kicks his heel out right as the puck hits it. He hits the puck to not redirect it, but knock it to the net.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
THAT was allowed UNDER REVIEW in Toronto???

That's textbook kicking. You can't kick much better than that with skates.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
caps already have 90 points. no way they only gain 4-6 points in their last 8 games

Look at their schedule and tell me with confidence they are sure fire to win 3 games on that list. then if you tell me the teams they will beat, probably Boston Ottawa or Carolina, it helps us

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Look at their schedule and tell me with confidence they are sure fire to win 3 games on that list. then if you tell me the teams they will beat, probably Boston Ottawa or Carolina, it helps us

Nothing is for sure and we've seen that ourselves this year. Two examples would be when Buffalo beat us in OT and when we sucked and lost vs. Edmonton. Any team can have a good game on any given night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad