*OFFICIAL* Saginaw Spirit 2014 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Goaltender Joe Murdaca has signed with the Spirit. He looked real good in both rookie and full camp. Should get sone games on a call up basis this year and be up next year full time.

Last edited:

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
No. He was just a camp invite.

Good game in Sarnia today lost 2-3 in a shootout. Murdaca looked really solid. Stephens,
Lodge, Moutrey, carins, Middleton stood out to me the most. Callaghan, Sadowy, Moutrey, and Ringuette wore A's for the game.

Luvtowatch

Feb 21, 2012
De Sousa has looked like the strong skating offensive defenseman he should be. Still needs to work on his defensive game. I honestly think he could see some time at forward if we have any injuries on the front end. He and Crawford will look nice on the pp this year.

On a side note according to his twitter. Goaltender Joe Murdaca has signed with the Spirit. He looked real good in both rookie and full camp. Should get sone games on a call up basis this year and be up next year full time.

Gilbert loves Ringuette and will overplay him as he did last year. Between him and Callaghan 40 % of the ice time will be eaten up because Gilbert loves to overplay his OA's. I believe this is a big mistake with all the good young talent the team has on defence. Can't see any Crawford and DeSousa on PP with the two OA's around.

goodtimes

Sep 24, 2013
Gilbert loves Ringuette and will overplay him as he did last year. Between him and Callaghan 40 % of the ice time will be eaten up because Gilbert loves to overplay his OA's. I believe this is a big mistake with all the good young talent the team has on defence. Can't see any Crawford and DeSousa on PP with the two OA's around.

Its going to be a long year if its always the promote DeSousa line again. Kid needs to stand on his own two feet at some point.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Crawford and I believe Prophet were on the first unit PP yesterday. Callaghan will be needed to bring some toughness to this years roster. De Sousa was benched by Gilbert for the 3rd period yesterday. He had his stick knocked out of his hands in the second and stood there complaining to the refs right near the play when Sarnia scored goal #2 yesterday. Not sure if that was way but I would have sat him as well.

OttawaHockeyFan

Jan 8, 2014
Enjoy Felhaber Spirit fans. I watched him all last season and he is one of the most dynamic players I've seen. Very creative with the puck and has a deceptive shot. Picks corners well. Does things at top speed most kids can't. Will only get better with OHL coaching and strong wingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad