*OFFICIAL* Saginaw Spirit 2014 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

willy29

Aug 30, 2010
Ontario, Canada
“@loosepucks: #OHL Trade - Ottawa sends Connor Brown, BAR 3rd '15, WSR 4th '15 to Saginaw for Jeremiah Addison. #OHLâ€

Hard to judge a trade straight away but my initial thoughts are that I'm not a fan of this move. While I've said Addison was not a first round talent, I still liked the way he was playing towards the end of last season. I thought he was going to have a break out season (45-50 pts) this year. Good luck to him in Ottawa.

A third and fourth plus a player for Addison seems like good value....

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I watched all three red-white games and he played great.

Stephen's first 2-3 strides are elite of the elite. He created chances for himself at camp using his acceleration to outskate defenders. His interest level at times varies, a consistent compete level from Stephens puts up 70+ points this year. He should get 1 breakaway a game and/or high quality 2 on 1's with his acceleration alone.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
What's up with De Sousa? Is he back this year? I heard rumours of him not playing in the OHL next season? His +\- numbers in Saginaw are very impressive and I wouldn't mind the Petes taking a gamble on him.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
NO remarks in reference to race or ethnicity will be tolerated. If you see something you believe to violate the site rules, please report it to us, but do not respond. Thanks.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
NO remarks in reference to race or ethnicity will be tolerated. If you see something you believe to violate the site rules, please report it to us, but do not respond. Thanks.

Wow, critiquing a team for trades that appear to be related to race is against the rules? That rule seems a little off-base, "run along now and don't talk about substantive social issues." I think there's always a place to encourage hockey to be more inclusive... HFBoard fail.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
“@SeanLafortune: The Petes have moved Jack and Mitchell Webb to the Saginaw Spirit. The Petes get 3rd (2015) and 6th (2017) round picks in return.â€

Well that looks like that will round out the forwards....for now at least.

Cairns(94)-Sadowy(96)-Moutrey(95)
Clarke(96)-Stephens(97)-Lodge(95)
Brown(95)-Bennett(96)-Artemov(97)
Webb(97)-Webb(97)-McPhail(97)

(This is probably gonna change if Payne and/or Felhaber are dealt)

Last edited:

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
“@SeanLafortune: The Petes have moved Jack and Mitchell Webb to the Saginaw Spirit. The Petes get 3rd (2015) and 6th (2017) round picks in return.â€

Well that looks like that will round out the forwards....for now at least.

Cairns(94)-Sadowy(96)-Moutrey(95)
Clarke(96)-Stephens(97)-Lodge(95)
Brown(95)-Bennett(96)-Artemov(97)
Webb(97)-Webb(97)-McPhail(97)

(This is probably gonna change if Payne and/or Felhaber are dealt)

I like the trde for you guys. The Webbs weren't going to crack our lineup with our depth chart but they are still decent players. They both will work their ass off and finish checks.. I don't think either will wow you with their skills but they will certainly give 100%.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Question regarding Felhaber. Does he have a preferred destination spot? Ottawa? Somewhere else?

Steelheads have 3 2nd round picks we got for Carrick and younger guys like Barwell and Gerhart. Could 1 of those guys and 3 2nds get Felhaber or is Saginaw looking for more?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Question regarding Felhaber. Does he have a preferred destination spot? Ottawa? Somewhere else?

Steelheads have 3 2nd round picks we got for Carrick and younger guys like Barwell and Gerhart. Could 1 of those guys and 3 2nds get Felhaber or is Saginaw looking for more?

I would not give up Barwell for someone who has yet to prove he will even be productive at providing offense at the OHL level. But the price will obviously be very high.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
I would not give up Barwell for someone who has yet to prove he will even be productive at providing offense at the OHL level. But the price will obviously be very high.

Depends. I'd love for the Steelheads to take a run with the 97's and 96's we've got. However, trading to get a piece like Felhaber along with Day and McLeod would be a greta core to turn around a team with.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
“@andystrickland: Saginaw forward Blake Clarke impressed enough in #Redwings prospect camp to earn a spot on the Traverse City roster. #OHLâ€

Hopefully he keeps this up into this season.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Goal for Team Canada! Shorthanded 2-on-1 for Canada, Stephens feeds Harkins, who buries it. Assist: Mitchell Stephens, Briseboi

http://stats.hockeycanada.ca/game/show/7983491?subseason=165881&referrer=1257832&referrer=1257832

Hope Gibby puts this kid (Stephens) on the PK this year.

With Kea and Locke gone I'd have to think Stephens would have a good chance of being on the PK. Bennett seems like a guy that could be good on the PK as well.

You could go with Sadowy and Stephens on one unit and then Bennett and Moutrey on the other.

Habcane

Aug 6, 2014
Felhaber commits.. You guys will be young but good down the middle for a couple of years.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Where did you hear that

He's referring to this tweet.

“@SeanLafortune: Nothing confirmed, but have heard there has been some movement on an unsigned 98 signing with this team. Will share more soon.â€

Didn't say Felhaber but would be huge for us.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Like I said, that'd be a heck of a get.

Give this team another year and we should be a really good team for the next two years with our core of forwards and young but skilled D men.

IMHOCertainly would be a great get BUT when your poster has a track record of 3 posts and joined this month you have to wonder on his source. As much as I hate to think it the odds are both Brown & Mete would sign with Niagara & Owen Sound before Felhauber signs in Saggy. BTW Sean only said a 98 not necessarily one of the 1st rounders......Hope I 'm wrong for your sake ...

EasternOntario Fan

Mar 21, 2012
IMHOCertainly would be a great get BUT when your poster has a track record of 3 posts and joined this month you have to wonder on his source. As much as I hate to think it the odds are both Brown & Mete would sign with Niagara & Owen Sound before Felhauber signs in Saggy. BTW Sean only said a 98 not necessarily one of the 1st rounders......Hope I 'm wrong for your sake ...

I have a couple more than 3( not many though) and my sources tell me that he is absolutely right. I would put a few of my hard earned dollars the deal is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad