*OFFICIAL* Saginaw Spirit 2013-14 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
Is there a place online to watch highlights of the American based games?

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Game 4 tonight! Saginaw can really plant the seeds of doubt in Erie's mind with a W tonight. Anyone think we see another one goal game? Another OT game?

Overeasy

Oct 9, 2013
Bay city
Game 4 tonight! Saginaw can really plant the seeds of doubt in Erie's mind with a W tonight. Anyone think we see another one goal game? Another OT game?

It will be interesting to see who is in net for Erie. Having doubt in a goal is not a good thing. Another shaky performance can swing the series around. Defense on Erie is the weak link that we need to keep pressuring. Its all about Patty !:yo:

Nice to see production from 3 lines. Gilbert has kep the line up in tact for the first time in a long long while. Sadowy-Kea-Moutrey Locke-Carins and Kontos. The line that showed some jam was Payne-Stephens-Lodge. I like when they play with one less foreward because Bennett and Addison can provide some energy !

clearwater

Nov 16, 2011
Michigan
Did good to fight back to 4-3 but after Erie got the 5-3 lead, we just kinda coasted to the end.[/QUOT

Things were going well until we got two penalties on the same shift giving them a PP goal on a 5 on 3. Erie went 2 for 3 on the PP and as usual our PP line under performed and goes 1 for 7. I don't understand why our coach is so stubborn and refuses to try others on the power play to see if he can create some chemistry with others on the PP, we have nothing to lose. This has been the norm all year so I shouldn't be surprised.

Overeasy

Oct 9, 2013
Bay city
Did good to fight back to 4-3 but after Erie got the 5-3 lead, we just kinda coasted to the end.[/QUOT

Things were going well until we got two penalties on the same shift giving them a PP goal on a 5 on 3. Erie went 2 for 3 on the PP and as usual our PP line under performed and goes 1 for 7. I don't understand why our coach is so stubborn and refuses to try others on the power play to see if he can create some chemistry with others on the PP, we have nothing to lose. This has been the norm all year so I shouldn't be surprised.

Sure do hope Kontos gets a contract. He hogs a lot of ice :shakehead

clearwater

Nov 16, 2011
Michigan
Sure do hope Kontos gets a contract. He hogs a lot of ice :shakehead

I am sure Gilbert will be disappointed if Kontos, Sefton and Cairns don't get a contract. He gave those three every opportunity to produce at the expense of developing others who they drafted.
The biggest problem with this team, they continually bring in older guys and give them all the opportunities and leadership roles that creates bad team karma. The talk in the arenas is, it is better to get traded to Saginaw as a older player than get drafted by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad