Speculation: Official Rumours/Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2020-21 edition, Part II

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Ekblad out impacts both the offense and defense. He was putting up points and producing on the PP. You aren't going to replace that via trade. Honestly, I think we just try and grab a center and hope to outscore our problems the rest of the way until next season.

What a f***ing bullshit injury... f***!

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Seems that you have again forgotten the masterplan...

Both Murray and Savard are fringe top4 dmen so I'm not sure where's the appeal in comparison to Gildon/Ludvig/etc.?

Eh I just don’t see it: Unless Borg becomes a winger, I don’t see a place for him here. Right now it’s lip service so get me a good defensive D ;)

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
I’d offer our first: it’s going to be around 20 I think. (Unlikely we finish fourth in this division).

That is the best asset that can be offered and wouldn't hurt too much. There is no way Panthers is going to trade Lundell because of Bob's contract and because the team needs a solid C.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Potential Targets:
NJd: Murray, Vatanen, Kulikov
Press: Ekholm
CBJ: Savard, Jones (unlikely)
Dallas: Big Rig, Lindell/Klingberg (unlikely)
Detroit: Staal
Buffalo: Montour
Vancouver: Edler

will update more later

I don't think that Devils are willing to trade Kulikov because he plays so much and is solid defensively. However, Vatanen could be available. Contract ending and just returned after a serious injury. I think he could be useful offensively and help in PP. Of course he doesn't score goals like Ekblad does but can move the puck.

Reactions: harv33173

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I don't think that Devils are willing to trade Kulikov because he plays so much and is solid defensively.
Short term makes sense to keep him. Long term though, makes no sense for both parties. Devils are still years away from contending, and Kulikov will be 33-34yo then. From Kulikov's view, he's earned his money already (33M career earnings), a rebuilding team offering him a payday shouldn't be on his mind at this point of his career.

Unless Kulikov has made it absolutely clear that he's re-signing, Devils would be foolish not to trade him.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Unless Kulikov has made it absolutely clear that he's re-signing, Devils would be foolish not to trade him.

it depends on what other teams are willing to offer. I don't think that anyone is ready to offer anything that would make Devils much stronger in the future. They must try to keep fans satisfied which means that they should try to win every game and not to give up like Buffalo has done.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Friedman’s latest 31 Thoughs says we were looking to add another defenseman before Ek’s injury but now it might be more urgent.

IMO, Savard seems like the easiest guess.

-ghoste

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Not sure how easy it'll be to make a deal and acquire someone significant. Teams will now know we are desperate. It's a catch 22 because I think this team deserves the chance to try and take out Carolina or Tampa, but you also don't want to severely overpay to bring in help.

We'll see what Zito comes up with...it's exactly 2 weeks to the deadline.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
To replace Ek on the first pairing, imo it's Edler or an internal promotion. I don't see any realistic targets that are likely to be better than Nuti or Forsling.

Our defense will take a hit, but it should still be decent enough defensively to be a middling unit. Getting a second pairing guy could shift Gudas with Yandle, that was working quite well early on.
Weegar-Nuti/Fors
Nuti/Fors-Gudas
Yandle-Stralman/Juulsen/Conn/Stillman

Reactions: harv33173 and Pigge

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I wonder if .... and I don’t know if I’d support this but there might be two sides to every story .... there’s someone who’s a very talented defenseman and definitely available .... Tony DeAngelo.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I wonder if .... and I don’t know if I’d support this but there might be two sides to every story .... there’s someone who’s a very talented defenseman and definitely available .... Tony DeAngelo.
Nah I’m good. He makes Yandle look good defensively and he’s a piece of shit.

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
If the Panthers go and get DeAngelo I would seriously consider not rooting for them anymore.

Rather them give a 10 year 10 mil contract to Yandle than stoop to that level.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Nah I’m good. He makes Yandle look good defensively and he’s a piece of shit.
Play capability wise he’s way better than Yandle in most situations. For example, he can skate.

But I get the attitude/personality part. I was never interested enough to find out what that shit was all about. I mean, it’s the Rangers, what do you expect, class? Geez.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Play capability wise he’s way better than Yandle in most situations. For example, he can skate.

But I get the attitude/personality part. I was never interested enough to find out what that shit was all about. I mean, it’s the Rangers, what do you expect, class? Geez.
I agree offensively he’s pretty damn good. Defensively he’s an extreme liability.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Quick question: does the games streak count playoffs? q might be able to bench him in the playoffs at least!

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Quick question: does the games streak count playoffs? q might be able to bench him in the playoffs at least!
I checked the other day and the primary one that is always referenced doesn’t include playoffs.

I’m sure somewhere someone is tracking the including playoffs version but that’s not the main streak.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Imagine it’ll be Forsling and Weegar on the 1st.

Then either nuti-gudas, Yandle-Stralman, or nuti-Stralman, Yandle-gudas.

Doubt they grab a top pairing LD, and I don’t even know if ekholm gets traded. Even if he is I doubt we go in on him like some other teams may. If we add someone like a savard, he’s better off being the rock of a second pairing, want guys who can push the pace more and have some offensive touch to their game on the top pairing. I think this could be a huge opportunity for Forsling if he gets the call. I could see Forsling-Weegar, and even if we grab someone like a savard then nuti-savard on the second (they ever play together while in Columbus?) and Yandle-Gudas on the 3rd. Then flip Stralman somewhere, although right now having depth isn’t a bad thing.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad