Speculation: Official Rumours/Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2020-21 edition, Part II

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
With Ek's season over, I'd put money on that Savard to Fla smoke turning into fire.
Savard hasn't played well this season, and he wouldn't replace the puck moving lost with Ekblad's absence.

IMO far more likely that we give Gildon a chance than go the trade route, the market isn't good and it doesn't make sense to add someone with term because of the expansion draft.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Ekholm is the only one on the market who could replace Ekblad, but I don't really feel like selling Lundell+ just to lose a top 4 dman to Seattle.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
One of the things I fear is how this will affect Weegar, Forsling, and whichever prospect they call up.
Weegar has really hit a grove as the 2D, but I fear that forcing him to play 1D with a partner like Yandle could seriously hurt him long term.
Forsling is a similar thing. Asking him to be the 3D was already pushing it, but they can't put him up against the opposition's best players. He'll crater.

Reactions: FormerPantherFan

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
There's no way we'd trade Lundell for Ekholm. No chance. We'll suffer through the rest of this season.
People are calling for Zito to get Ekholm. Half of the league is in on him; Lundell/Knight is what the guy would cost, and the Preds just drafted Askarov. I don't support it either, but that's what it'd cost to get Ekholm.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
There's no way we'd trade Lundell for Ekholm. No chance. We'll suffer through the rest of this season.
Lundell and Knight (if he is willing to sign) are near untouchable; we need them to manage the cap over next couple seasons. Wingers we can usually find (Marchy, Verh, Dady etc); top six C and goalies at a reasonable rate no.

I’d offer our first: it’s going to be around 20 I think. (Unlikely we finish fourth in this division).

Reactions: scholl

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
People are calling for Zito to get Ekholm. Half of the league is in on him; Lundell/Knight is what the guy would cost, and the Preds just drafted Askarov. I don't support it either, but that's what it'd cost to get Ekholm.
Then we don't trade for him, simple.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Savard hasn't played well this season, and he wouldn't replace the puck moving lost with Ekblad's absence.

IMO far more likely that we give Gildon a chance than go the trade route, the market isn't good and it doesn't make sense to add someone with term because of the expansion draft.

You can't replace Ekblad. Savard hasnt played well but neither has the whole Jackets team. He'll bounce back at some point. This isn't just a move for this season either.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Lundell and Knight (if he is willing to sign) are near untouchable; we need them to manage the cap over next couple seasons. Wingers we can usually find (Marchy, Verh, Dady etc); top six C and goalies at a reasonable rate no.

I’d offer our first: it’s going to be around 20 I think. (Unlikely we finish fourth in this division).

Preds are going to want a 1st and two prospects at minimum. Someone is gonna throw a couple blue chip prospects at them.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
The prospects that are given up for Ekholm aren’t going to be Lundell tier: what he did this season is unparalleled in the Finnish Leagues

Maybe not as good as Lundell, but I could definitely see Boston or Philly throwing a couple blue chippers at Nashville. I dont think we should. Thats a huge price, and without Ek our chances are pretty much nil this year. Plus you also have to bribe Seattle with something to not select Ekholm.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Maybe not as good as Lundell, but I could definitely see Boston or Philly throwing a couple blue chippers at Nashville. I dont think we should. Thats a huge price, and without Ek our chances are pretty much nil this year. Plus you also have to bribe Seattle with something to not select Ekholm.
Don’t disagree: I’d be open to a Deni level prospect or someone a little worse!

I caveated that Yandle can be the solution: offer to waive his NMC for expansion only

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
You can't replace Ekblad. Savard hasnt played well but neither has the whole Jackets team. He'll bounce back at some point. This isn't just a move for this season either.
He's their worse playing dman this season and it says a lot when Del Zotto is also playing for that team.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Potential Targets:
NJd: Murray, Vatanen, Kulikov
Press: Ekholm
CBJ: Savard, Jones (unlikely)
Dallas: Big Rig, Lindell/Klingberg (unlikely)
Detroit: Staal
Buffalo: Montour
Vancouver: Edler

will update more later

Last edited:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
He's their worse playing dman this season and it says a lot when Del Zotto is also playing for that team.

Every d-man on their team is having a subpar season. You're very pessimistic and always think players are done at 30. You thought Bob was done. He'll bounce back. At worst, he's better than Stillman, Juulsen and Connauton in the short term.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
So my plan: add Murray from Devils for a third and Savard from Columbus for a conditional second and Borgstrom

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
So my plan: add Murray from Devils for a third and Savard from Columbus for a conditional second and Borgstrom

Seems that you have again forgotten the masterplan...

Both Murray and Savard are fringe top4 dmen so I'm not sure where's the appeal in comparison to Gildon/Ludvig/etc.?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Fors has been playing great lately. Maybe he can continue to elevate. Nuti is also looking a bit better. Maybe he can fill in. Maybe Yandle can actually decide to play better, I actually think he’s able to but isn’t doing is because of injury fear, and loss of Ironman streak. Ironically, his plan is to cardboard his way into the Ironman record.

Reactions: violaswallet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad