Official Prudential Center, season ticket and surrounding area thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Just to point it out, I moved over to section 101 last night to sit with a friend and I noticed that the suites were about 85-90% full. Even the gigantic suite next to 101 was occupied. Very good stuff for the bottom line!

I'll keep an eye on that today at the Villanova game. Go Cats!

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Just to point it out, I moved over to section 101 last night to sit with a friend and I noticed that the suites were about 85-90% full. Even the gigantic suite next to 101 was occupied. Very good stuff for the bottom line!

I'll keep an eye on that today at the Villanova game. Go Cats!

It's a shame that the large crowd last night had so little to cheer about.

For those going today:

Meet members of the Villanova Cheerleading Squad and their Mascot from 11am - 11:30am!

FOOD & DRINK SPECIALS

Specialty Cocktails
•Souvenir Shaker Margaritas, Bloody Marys, Grand Mimosas and Maple Bourbon Bacon Manhattans available at Jeep Frontier Lounge, West Lounge, Goal Bar, Boardwalk Bar & Jack Daniel's Bars
•Wine by the bottle is available at Jeep Frontier Lounge & the West Lounge

Caputo's Pizza
•Jeep Frontier and West Lounges will offer a Prudential Center twist on Brunch. Visit Caputo's Pizza for Breakfast Pizza and...wait for it...Chicken & Waffle Pizza, available by the slice!
•Also available at Caputo's Pizza is our Italian Pizza Box Nachos. Crisp pizza dough topped with various pizza toppings, and of course...served in a Pizza Box

Bayonne Diner and Spuds
•Draft Beer & Pretzel Combo

Be sure to visit the Chicken Coop and Spuds for our famous Chicken Tenders smothered in your choice of Sriracha BBQ, Mango Habanero or Sticky Thai sauces.

Featured Bar & Stand Locations

•Jeep Frontier Lounge: Sections 18-20
•West Lounge: Sections 8-10
•Jack Daniel's Bars: Sections 17 & 107
•Goal Bar: S1 Level Above Sections 2-4
•Boardwalk Bar: Section 126
•Bayonne Diner: Section 1 & 101
•Chicken Coop: Sections 16 & 111
•Spuds: Sections 16 & 111

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
But think of the children you provided toys to!

I posted this in the game thread but I'm sick of these free ticket nights. Stupid drunk morons all over the building tonight because of it. You shouldn't get a free pair of tickets for bringing canned food and jackets and toys for tots. If you can afford it you should be bringing them because it's the right thing to do.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
It is clearly not an option for Devils fans, the owners have no interest in the extra cash bump a pregame would bring.

It's a shame cause they would do pretty well I think. There was always people with Devils gear inside the monk room. Their hours were listed as they were open but they weren't so who knows. I'll give it one more shot.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
It's a shame cause they would do pretty well I think. There was always people with Devils gear inside the monk room. Their hours were listed as they were open but they weren't so who knows. I'll give it one more shot.

No doubt and I liked the Monk Room, it was just a little too small to be a success.

That side of The Rock could use a restaurant/bar or two.

The former Arena Lounge is prime real estate for one.
If it's done right, it would get tons of foot traffic before and after games.

I have heard the owners' asking price is way too high though, they are land-banking it and waiting for more development and gentrification along Mulberry St and it's arteries first so they could then further jack up their price.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
They just played about 3 seconds of the Hey Song at the Villanova game today.

VV65aOdw_400x400.jpg

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
So has the Pru hosted NCAA preseason games in previous seasons? Thought the ban against the arena as a postseason host (due to NJ's sports betting quest) wiped out everything hoops related except Seton Hall.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
So has the Pru hosted NCAA preseason games in previous seasons? Thought the ban against the arena as a postseason host (due to NJ's sports betting quest) wiped out everything hoops related except Seton Hall.

The ban is strictly for postseason play. The A10 used to have its conference tournament at Boardwalk Hall before the Barclays Center was finished

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Address: 25 Lafayette Street, Newark, NJ 07102

Year Opened: 2007
Capacity for SHU Basketball: 10,353
Capacity for Ice Hockey: 16,514

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
How long is the wait generally for will call tickets on a weekday game? Going to the Preds game next week and will pick them up there because the Devils are phasing out print-out/paper tickets

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
How long is the wait generally for will call tickets on a weekday game? Going to the Preds game next week and will pick them up there because the Devils are phasing out print-out/paper tickets

My advice is to arrive as early as possible.
This game was a food voucher ticket game.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
My advice is to arrive as early as possible.
This game was a food voucher ticket game.

Thanks appreciate it, I guess the better question would be is the will call window open hours before the game? Like would I be able to pick them up at 5-5:30ish because I read the gates usually don't open until 60 minutes before puck drop. Thanks for any answers :)

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Thanks appreciate it, I guess the better question would be is the will call window open hours before the game? Like would I be able to pick them up at 5-5:30ish because I read the gates usually don't open until 60 minutes before puck drop. Thanks for any answers :)

Yes, arriving between 5-5:30 is a good idea, the box office and will call window will be open.
So will the Devils Den store right next to it if you have time to kill.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
For anyone interested in the history of the surrounding area, here is an article from the Star Ledger about the First Presbyterian Church's (the one right behind the arena on Broad Street) 350th anniversary:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2016/12/newarks_old_first_church_going_strong_at_350_di_io.html

The second to last photo in the gallery is a pencil sketch of the cemetery which used to occupy part of the arena's footprint. It was removed due to vandalism after the city's collapse following the riots and eventually the site was cleared for an urban renewal mall project that was a couple decades too early (it stalled and became a vacant reminder of the downtown's then blight).

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
For anyone interested in the history of the surrounding area, here is an article from the Star Ledger about the First Presbyterian Church's (the one right behind the arena on Broad Street) 350th anniversary:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2016/12/newarks_old_first_church_going_strong_at_350_di_io.html

The second to last photo in the gallery is a pencil sketch of the cemetery which used to occupy part of the arena's footprint. It was removed due to vandalism after the city's collapse following the riots and eventually the site was cleared for an urban renewal mall project that was a couple decades too early (it stalled and became a vacant reminder of the downtown's then blight).

Neat story. Though a pic of the outside of the church would have been nice.

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
People harp on the financial decision but like Brick pointed out earlier, it's obvious you can get cheapo tickets for early-season/weeknight games but the weekend/rivalry/playoff games are a different story. We're in early December and they've had zero big division games at home so of course the value isn't going to be great now. But if you care about going to rivalry games and other games with buzz you'll already be in the building with season tickets.

And yeah it's going to be worse financially to get season tickets in seasons where the Devils aren't going to the playoffs but if they do then you definitely save off playoff tickets. 2012 I saved a ton.

We don't know what these savings will look like under new ownership.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
NJ Devil handed out 50 pairs of tickets today at the Maplewood Wawa.

At this point, do whatever you can to get people in the building.

Just look at how successful Shero transformed Pittsburgh from a team that was worst in attendance to one that sold out for numerous games straight.

Now granted, having Crosby/Malkin and a cup win helps with that, but I guarantee you he was doing the exact same thing he did now with giving away free tickets.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
At this point, do whatever you can to get people in the building.

Just look at how successful Shero transformed Pittsburgh from a team that was worst in attendance to one that sold out for numerous games straight.

Now granted, having Crosby/Malkin and a cup win helps with that, but I guarantee you he was doing the exact same thing he did now with giving away free tickets.

This was scheduled well in advance, part of the new partnership with Wawa as a sponsor.

But yeah, for years the Devils neglected to market and do such community outreach.
It's essential in this competitive market.

I'll say this, once we do get a good team again, playoff tickets will be a hard ticket to get (unless ownership goes overboard with pricing).

Our fans are starving for a winning hockey club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad