Official Prudential Center, season ticket and surrounding area thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This thread is for information regarding the Rock (policies, FAQ's, etc). This is NOT for selling tickets. You can find ticket sales here.

Info about the Prudential Center

FAQ's regarding the Prudential Center (including camera info)

PruCenter Food Menus

Club Seating Food Menus

Restaurant Info

Directions/Parking

Pre-Paid Parking

Mass Transit Info

Box Office Info

Seating Chart (Devils shoot twice towards the right - section 2-4)

3D Seating Chart

Official Newark Visitor's Guide

Local Watering Holes:
Hell's Kitchen
Market Street Grill
Sagres Bar & Grill
Edison Ale House
McGovern's Tavern
Taste Venue
Dinosaur BBQ
Bello's Bar and Grill
Mercato Tomato Pie
Redd's Biergarten

Hotel Information:
Marriott Courtyard Hotel (outside Prudential Center)
Hilton Hotel in Newark
Robert Treat Hotel
Hampton Inn in Harrison
*The Prudential Center is not far from Newark Airport, so you can always find hotels near there as well.*

Autograph Information:
For Devils autographs it's on Lafeyette Street, walking towards Broad Street, right before the VIP parking garage. You'll probably see a bunch of people standing out there.

For visiting teams it's on Edison Street, walking towards Broad Street, right past the Devils Den (directly opposite from where the home team comes out).

The last Pru Center thread:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=118976007#post118976007

NEW: A link to the directory of the new food stands: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=91981831&postcount=989
And a link to the menus of said food stands: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=91133597&postcount=578
Mod Note:
Tickets can be bought/sold for personal use.
HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.
HFBoards also does not sponsor/endorse any deals . Buyer beware.

Last edited:

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Anyone else have any feedback in regard to grabbing seasons and selling them ??

I've had Devils tickets on and off in the past (usually a 10 game plan) purely to get a few of the hot games and playoff strips. I was able to sell of a few of the games I didn't want at a small loss and a few rivalry games at a profit and come out a little ahead. I had the chance to buy a full playoff strip and would usually give them to friends and family unless they were playing the Rangers. Those were the good old days.

With the way they are selling tickets now, you really can't do it. If you want to buy a full season with the steepest discounts, you will still lose money on the weeknights and less popular teams. The profit you will make on the 'popular' games will not be enough since the internet pretty much made everyone a ticket broker and with the exception of a few games, it's a race to the bottom.

Armed with years of sales data, the Devils went to variable pricing and combined with the Flex Membership plan, they pretty much took all the value out of it. I'm not a Devils fan, but I enjoy going to games. I know a few of the reps, and I'm on most of their cold call lists. My response to all of them is pretty much the same. Until the value on the secondary market exceeds the primary market, I'm not interested.

Between the promotions they offer during the season, and the 30% off Black Friday sale, I'm able to get everything I want at a lower price than usual and sometimes StubHub. I may not get to sit exactly where I want to, but I'm still in the arena, enjoying a game with a decent seat and always have a good time.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They also still have that ridiculous policy of if you sell more than half your games they reserve the right to strip season tickets (at least it's an improvement over the +5 games it was a couple years ago) so I wouldn't advise getting tickets for the sole purpose of resale irrespective of value...

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
They also still have that ridiculous policy of if you sell more than half your games they reserve the right to strip season tickets (at least it's an improvement over the +5 games it was a couple years ago) so I wouldn't advise getting tickets for the sole purpose of resale irrespective of value...

Have they actually enforced that on someone that wasn't an actual broker?
I heard of them telling people at some STH meeting that they tool away X amount of seats from brokers....but those seats are usually prime locations they want back.

nickyb

May 5, 2004
How do they even know you're scalping them if you're flipping hard tickets in person to buyers??

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
How do they even know you're scalping them if you're flipping hard tickets in person to buyers??

Let's say if you have a three pack in section 1 row 20 and you're the only three pack STH in that row it's more than likely you selling the tickets. Also by labeling your seat as an aisle when you're selling tickets it also helps them track you. If you're flipping them in person outside the arena unless they have someone undercover they couldn't really track you.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
I heard of them telling people at some STH meeting that they tool away X amount of seats from brokers....but those seats are usually prime locations they want back.

A lawsuit was filed by a STH that had his seats taken away. Not sure whatever came from it but they have yanked non broker season tickets.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

They tried to do it to me. I had to fight for my seats back because I sold almost every game during the lockout shortened season. I've had full seasons for over 10 years now and normally only miss a handful a games a year but with my job at the time I needed to know the schedule months in advance to be able to go to the games, the new and adjusted lockout schedule didn't allow me to go barely at all during that time period. It was a ****ing joke and a slap in the face after all the money I've spent on this team. I was extremely sour about it at the time but it was the morons who were in charge at the times fault and I was here before them and now I'm still here after those idiots left.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I will say that I ended up selling about 14 games this year and had no repercussions. Technically the policy is if you sell more than like 4 or 5 (not counting the 5 you can sell back to the team), you're in jeopardy of getting tickets revoked. But my rep knows I'm a real fan since I kept in contact with him, so it was never an issue.

nickyb

May 5, 2004
I will say that I ended up selling about 14 games this year and had no repercussions. Technically the policy is if you sell more than like 4 or 5 (not counting the 5 you can sell back to the team), you're in jeopardy of getting tickets revoked. But my rep knows I'm a real fan since I kept in contact with him, so it was never an issue.

Kinda odd they still enforce a policy like this when the team sucks, I figure they would be looking for ticket holders regardless of whether they're a broker or not :dunno:

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
Kinda odd they still enforce a policy like this when the team sucks, I figure they would be looking for ticket holders regardless of whether they're a broker or not :dunno:

I *think* it's sort of an attempt to control the floor of the market, as brokers deal in volume and don't care about dumping loser games for $5-$10 each when they have to sell. That means no one would ever buy tickets direct from the Devils or STH when they can just wait for the brokers to dump.

Flushing Roots

Jan 18, 2014
"Communication is Everything"... Lee Iacocca

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I *think* it's sort of an attempt to control the floor of the market, as brokers deal in volume and don't care about dumping loser games for $5-$10 each when they have to sell. That means no one would ever buy tickets direct from the Devils or STH when they can just wait for the brokers to dump.

That's more or less hitting the nail on the head.

Regardless... In my case, as long as they discount seats, have deals, etc and the secondary market is lower, I'm going to pick and choose my games. I don't need to see every popular game.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
A lawsuit was filed by a STH that had his seats taken away. Not sure whatever came from it but they have yanked non broker season tickets.

Last I checked, sometime earlier this year, it was still winding its way through the Federal courts. Pretty sure the Devils tried and failed to get it dismissed.

Regarding the value of a season ticket plan, as with most things, it depends. I have the cheapest, non-grandfathered price point in the house and am relatively confident I come out ahead, or at worst break even, from a financial perspective. The one thing I notice some naysayers do around here is focus solely on the losses for the weekday games without taking into account the savings on the in demand games. There were plenty of games last season where my tickets were less than half of the going rate on Stubhub with fees (I find these are often forgotten or omitted in anti-STH arguments).

That said, not sure how many price points my situation applies to. But if you are in the cheap seats, attend most games, do not drink at the arena (and are willing to street park for free), it is pretty affordable to have full seasons. I fully concede the Devils are nuts with some, or many, of their price points and there are many other sections where going to the Stubhub route is ideal.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Agreed about price points although maybe in a different way. I can't afford LL ST so I checked out the 100 level. I asked about 131 and was given a price for 3rd row on the higher seat #s. When I asked what about 130, same row and seat location (higher #s) I was given the same price. So for the same price in a different section, I'm 16 seats closer to the blue line at the same price point. Tickets for 109 and 110 on the opposite side were the same price as 130 and 131. I chose 130 because we'll be facing the benches and I like to see what's taking place there during the course of the game. For those games where I want LL, I can always do seat upgrade if the price is right.

Also, ST provides a chance to get to know some of the other fans on a game to game basis. This could be great. It could also suck (read, liquored up morons). That's the chance I'll take but i'm hoping for the great.

As far as value of being a STH and reselling some games, I'm giving it a shot and see what happens. Between friends and resell market, I think I'll be OK. If not, it's not a lifetime deal and I'll go back to either Flex, SeatGeek or both.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Anyone participating in the auction?

had no idea they even started these. quickly looking at them, unless you have a ton and i do mean a ton of points left, you won't be getting anyone/anything good. unless you consider using 1,000 points for a ruutu puck a good deal.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah it would have been nice if they'd told us they were having an auction before the offseason, not that I would have had a lot of points left over to save anyway and was fine using them to get the Marty puck collection but I was kind of under the impression it was use em or lose em (well half of em) by the end of the season.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
i can't imagine many people have 20,000 - 30,000 points left to use for a jersey or stick.

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
I wonder if the points necessary to win will decline by the end of the month. Long time until June 30.

Last edited:

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Is that plan to build a big park/courtyard leading up to the Rock still going through? I remember seeing it a while back but can't find it on google.

BCdevil

Dec 3, 2006
I couldn't pull it up last night on my phone. I only got the same old rewards page. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig